Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bertg

Charts with Volume by Price

You are right though, with the MP data which is needed it costs more for Investor/RT. I like the presentation better of the profiles on RT so I need to decide is that worth the extra 20 per month.

The $20/month difference may have something to do withe CBOT's licensing of MP. You will never see Ensign associate a block of their histogram(aka: TPO) with a letter. Personally speaking, alphebets are only important in my cereals. :)

The $20/month difference may have something to do withe CBOT's licensing of MP. You will never see Ensign associate a block of their histogram(aka: TPO) with a letter. Personally speaking, alphebets are only important in my cereals. :)

I'm sure it must, since they have to pay the royalties.

I have no need for MP, I just want the volume by price setup. I can see in candles what the order of events was.

I'm trying both on demo now and I'm fairly swamped by both. Both are super flexible and have almost too many options if that's possible. :o

I'm used to Think or swims platform which I like but it lacks some things I really want. Especially ease of use and modification of drawing tools.

Oh well time to suck up learning curve x2 and then decide which to go with.

I thought Tradestation was difficult. :\

Is this what you are looking for MC? Chart is ES from May 22 to June 12 with

daily volume histogram superimposed on combined histogram for the entire period.

Hi Jerry,

I tried to open up this file as well as the DYO windows in the follow up post you had to see how you are doing the cumulative profile, but for some reason it wouldn't open up. Could you repost an example?

Thanks much