Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Off, Yet on Topic

unlucky..... I am shooting for 165 and beyond! Wait for a pullback / HrL and get in maybe?

I think it should be at least 164, the way it is holding up. Hopefully I can get in at a pullback.....

TWS Webtrader? Are you sure you enabled triggering trades & stops after market hours? Although I don't see how that could effect FX hmm... where the order lines still in the quote panel when you came back?

I am sure they were in. When I came back they were sitting in the open orders panel, all green and submitted.... I hate webtrader... I am gonna spend some money buying a home server and remote into my computer at home from work and trade from the proper TWS.

Having the worst luck this week.... Except for monday, the YM has moved to the point of my stops and then shot down the other way for the whole week.....:roll eyes:

I think it should be at least 164, the way it is holding up. Hopefully I can get in at a pullback.....

I am sure they were in. When I came back they were sitting in the open orders panel, all green and submitted.... I hate webtrader... I am gonna spend some money buying a home server and remote into my computer at home from work and trade from the proper TWS.

If that's the case, you should contact IB... if it's green it's submitted and inquire. Whether you leave Webtrader open or not shouldn't matter after that.

Having the worst luck this week.... Except for monday, the YM has moved to the point of my stops and then shot down the other way for the whole week.....:roll eyes:

Ah! the live post curse, if you remember what postman experienced a while ago :)

First level at 163.40 is holding off at the moment. Could be the point for a little retrace and print the higher low.

Really wasp, yes wasp, ahh, cheers for that. Good to have all these FX traders here to talk these things through with. I know wasp. Exactly wasp.

Bit dead in here, shall we go down the pub wasp, okay wasp, I'll get me coat......... :D

Lets go down to the pub~~

It does look like it a break up or a pull back with 163.4.

Are we allowed to chat in here? Won't get slapped by the moderators?

If that's the case, you should contact IB... if it's green it's submitted and inquire. Whether you leave Webtrader open or not shouldn't matter after that.

Ah! the live post curse, if you remember what postman experienced a while ago :)

Thanks, I just sent a ticket to IB, and I did not cancel the order so they can see it straight away.

I am cursed!!!!! Feels like someone is just aiming for my stops!!!!! :crap:

Lets go down to the pub~~

It does look like it a break up or a pull back with 163.4.

I know..... It was a joke..... Bad one obviously..... :roll eyes:

My fault, realised it after I headed back into the garden... anyhow...

If its getting slapped bout your after, firewalker is your man, those Belgians are an odd lot! :rofl:

It's the off-topic thread, so chatting is allowed up to a certain point...

me and FW ARE the moderators!!!

I'll tidy it all up on Sundy but during the week, whatever imo

wasp is my maid :o

If its getting slapped bout your after, firewalker is your man, those Belgians are an odd lot! :rofl:

you betcha!

It's the off-topic thread, so chatting is allowed up to a certain point...

Only because I just move it here!

wasp is my maid :o

No, firewalker is my bitch!

you betcha!

See above!!!

+40 , +1, -12, -15, -17, -4, -17, +24, +10, -25, +70, +70, -10, -15, +40, +32, -25

tally @ +147

I see all the profitable traders are a multiple of the losing ones... :applaud:

I see all the profitable traders are a multiple of the losing ones... :applaud:

thanks! Making the profits was so easy, I actually planned it to be multiples to give me something interesting to do!

thanks for posting your trades, and esp the reasoning behind them.

but how can you decide whether it was a good week or not?

surely, your pips must be seen in context of, say, the weekly range, and see what proportion of that range it is.

the weekly EURJPY range this week has been about 250 pips. (161.50 - 163.90 or so)

thats pretty good.

have a good weekend. (and dont forget to sweep up the thread. :o )

thanks for posting your trades, and esp the reasoning behind them.

but how can you decide whether it was a good week or not?

surely, your pips must be seen in context of, say, the weekly range, and see what proportion of that range it is.

the weekly EURJPY range this week has been about 250 pips. (161.50 - 163.90 or so)

thats pretty good.

have a good weekend. (and dont forget to sweep up the thread. :o )

I know it was a poor week just by looking back over my trades and what the market did and how I messed up. Alot!

Quite a few of the mistakes have been useful in the learning curve. For example, I now have a better definition of trendlines and how to maximise them without taking counter trend trades for no good reason.

Also, the last few hours I have messed up royally as I should still be in my short from late last night!

Anyhow, I have a few pips and right now, I don't feel I deserve to eat so going to go and spend it all on Gin martinis!

Have a good weekend!

Cheers

PS: FX is open Monday is it not?

+40 , +1, -12, -15, -17, -4, -17, +24, +10, -25, +70, +70, -10, -15, +40, +32, -25, +44, -25, +68, -25, -25

tally @ +184

Are you keeping stats of %winners, average winner, average loser, etc, etc... you know the drill? Comparing weeks in terms of absolute points can be misleading, especially when the volatility in the market changes.

Are you keeping stats of %winners, average winner, average loser, etc, etc... you know the drill? Comparing weeks in terms of absolute points can be misleading, especially when the volatility in the market changes.

No. I was but as I have adapted, the stat's for 2008 will be different as they will not be the same results had I been trading the way I do now. It is irrelevant to compare results against a different way of trading.

Few days probably, see how quickly it pans out. Moving over to larger TF's mean the targets are further away of course so I won't be posting / trading as often but on this TF, trades are usually 3-4 days.

That wasn't meant about you btw, that Jtrader and Trendie could put fingers to keyboard occasionally too :roll eyes:;)

Sorry mate, I've not been too closely following your trades, but i see your approach is adapting.

I've been busy with my own intraday approach on M15, still trying to figure out if it works well, and if it does, how well does it work, and for how long is it likely to continue to work well etc. My last attempt to make sub H1 work!

Edited by JT1

Few days probably, see how quickly it pans out. Moving over to larger TF's mean the targets are further away of course so I won't be posting / trading as often but on this TF, trades are usually 3-4 days.

That wasn't meant about you btw, that Jtrader and Trendie could put fingers to keyboard occasionally too :roll eyes:;)

hey, the FBI witness relocation has given me a new identity, remember.

too busy saying goodbye to new_trader on on t'other site.

end of month looms, and am coasting.

last two months mediocre in the extreme, and I am getting fidgety about bailing from full-timing it.

prepping for June, so just playing/testing for small potatoes.

(still running a 5-min variant of a 30-mins system, but toying with trading off 1-mins!!)

EDIT: spent this morning reading DBPs Zen and the Art of Poker thread. good stuff.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f37/zen-and-the-art-of-poker-3670.html

hey, the FBI witness relocation has given me a new identity, remember.

Doh! :doh: Sorry turtle!

too busy saying goodbye to new_trader on on t'other site.

Unfortunately, he and temptrader will never go.

end of month looms, and am coasting.

last two months mediocre in the extreme, and I am getting fidgety about bailing from full-timing it.

prepping for June, so just playing/testing for small potatoes.

(still running a 5-min variant of a 30-mins system, but toying with trading off 1-mins!!)

EDIT: spent this morning reading DBPs Zen and the Art of Poker thread. good stuff.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f37/zen-and-the-art-of-poker-3670.html

Its been a tough month for all I think and some of the Indicies traders have been feeling the pinch as well. I have moved up to a larger TF so as to get out of the tight ranges.

I'll have a read of that thread later cheers.

Good weekend all!

Sorry mate, I've not been too closely following your trades, but i see your approach is adapting.

I've been busy with my own intraday approach on M15, still trying to figure out if it works well, and if it does, how well does it work, and for how long is it likely to continue to work well etc. My last attempt to make sub H1 work!

I thought you were happy on the dailies? I have just moved up to them due to the lack of volume of late :shocked:

I thought you were happy on the dailies? I have just moved up to them due to the lack of volume of late :shocked:

Really - that is a bit surprising.

Dailies are my longer term plan maybe, but i thought i'd try & master the intraday sub H1's one last time.

Do you think it will be possible for you to extract as much $ off daily charts as off intraday charts, trading the same number of pairs?

Cheers.

Really - that is a bit surprising.

Dailies are my longer term plan maybe, but i thought i'd try & master the intraday sub H1's one last time.

Do you think it will be possible for you to extract as much $ off daily charts as off intraday charts, trading the same number of pairs?

Cheers.

Yep!

Made my weekly 'wage' target already this week from one GBPJPY trade and the other is up 250 at the moment. Whilst the dailies are lesser in the stake size, you can just use smaller TF S/R to add on the way to your target and hey presto! no difference financially and more free time!

Yep!

Made my weekly 'wage' target already this week from one GBPJPY trade and the other is up 250 at the moment. Whilst the dailies are lesser in the stake size, you can just use smaller TF S/R to add on the way to your target and hey presto! no difference financially and more free time!

So for you, does trading off daily bars mean only entering the trade on the very open/close of a daily candle (and then looking at targets based on S/R), and not entering a trade/SARing mid/within a daily candle?

Cheers.

So for you, does trading off daily bars mean only entering the trade on the very open/close of a daily candle (and then looking at targets based on S/R), and not entering a trade/SARing mid/within a daily candle?

Cheers.

Today was an exception due to the gap opening but I would normally wait for the new daily candle, then place an order above/below depending on direction at the level causing the reversal.

For example, had we opened this week at 209.20, I would have plaved an order to sell at 209.35 up at the resistance. I then add during the day if wanted based on 4hr S/R otherwise wait till 11pm BST and act depending on the close and local S/R.

I have ditched trend lines on the dailies btw.

The only exception is if it doesn't reverse then I will act on the next 4hr candl in relation to said important level, and look to SAR.

Today was an exception due to the gap opening but I would normally wait for the new daily candle, then place an order above/below depending on direction at the level causing the reversal.

For example, had we opened this week at 209.20, I would have plaved an order to sell at 209.35 up at the resistance. I then add during the day if wanted based on 4hr S/R otherwise wait till 11pm BST and act depending on the close and local S/R.

I have ditched trend lines on the dailies btw.

The only exception is if it doesn't reverse then I will act on the next 4hr candl in relation to said important level, and look to SAR.

Cool.

Just the 2 pairs still?

Cheers.