Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Off, Yet on Topic

Just noticed wasp's trades: blue for profit, red for loss.

Sounds like a good idea, if it's not too much trouble for everybody else I suggest we do the same?

Hope there's not too much red on the board though :\

Exit final contract at 13115 for +143 points.

Finally a biggie again!

Nice one me ole China! It'll feel worth it when you trade with real money! :o

Nice one me ole China! It'll feel worth it when you trade with real money! :o

Eh, watch it there! People around TL don't know me, they might people you because they don't know you're full of sh..... :o kidding! and now let's clean up this thread shall we!

Short EJ @ 162.94

excellent call, wasp.

I can see the levels from mid last-week on the 4-hrs.

My problem, being a trend-follower, is that I dont think I could do what you and the "Busy Day" thread do.

I have to wait for the move to establish before jumping on-board.

I think you have made possibly the call of the week so far; really low-risk and immediate profit.

excellent call, wasp.

I can see the levels from mid last-week on the 4-hrs.

My problem, being a trend-follower, is that I dont think I could do what you and the "Busy Day" thread do.

I have to wait for the move to establish before jumping on-board.

I think you have made possibly the call of the week so far; really low-risk and immediate profit.

If your edge is solid enough you should be able to get in at the optimum point without too much concern. Mine is to catch 99% of a move, plus the sooner I get in, the better the stop loss can be which I make a prime concern.

If your edge is solid enough you should be able to get in at the optimum point without too much concern. Mine is to catch 99% of a move, plus the sooner I get in, the better the stop loss can be which I make a prime concern.

How "soon" can you get in if you're trading off hourly bars?

How "soon" can you get in if you're trading off hourly bars?

10pips off the top in the current short... I have been in better and wrose but anything past 10/15 is too much IMO considering I'm looking for ave 75 pips per trade.

just an observation, but the EURJPY move (161.75 - 163.00) has fallen a fib 61.8% before congesting, and is now moving back up.

Also a breakout and retrace and bounce from a triangle... I don't do patterns or fibs though... simple as, as simple does...

Whats on your chart these days myrtle?

FYI: This will all be moved to the other thread later.

tri.thumb.gif.e16ab208f420c80bb6dbe8da4ce37aa4.gif

Edited by wasp

Short EJ @ 162.94

30m hit underside of earlier S/R to bounce of and supply a LrH to cement the trendline (if at current or lower levels @ 4pm) and give me basis for my eventual exit and possible reverse. Hopefully around 160 :rofl: :martini::martini:

5aa70e660827f_30mtline.gif.8f2851552e77c889445161198d2c284f.gif

+40 , +1, -12, -15, -17, -4, -17, +24, +10, -25, +70, +70, -10, -15, +40, +32, -25

tally @ +147

Don't know why I bothered. Hardly getting out of bed for this week. Missed 1 good mover (the 100 pip upshot) but even that wouldn't have hardly kept the water in my jacuzzi hot for the week.

Tight ranges and choppy, fast reversals are not my cup of tea. It won't go down so lets see if we can finally break this bloody 163 area.

Long EJ @ 162.96

Still, if thats a bad week (looks pretty good)......Its like a good sports player/team - they can play badly & still win!

Still, if thats a bad week (looks pretty good to me)......Its like a good sports team - they can play badly & still win!

There is winning and there is winning!

Unless I get over +400 pips a week its not worth the hours I put in. Yes, I have still 'won' but has the effort/reward been worth it, not yet........ :angry:

thats good going wasp, especially keeping at it after that string of 5 losses.

You still managed about 30 per day.

I agree that fast reversals are not good; for me, they mess up my MAs, and I have had a very poor week this week. Scary.

EDIT: your 12-HMA on the hourlies would have got you possibly twice what you got this week. :doh::embarassed:

Edited by myrtleturtle

thats good going wasp, especially keeping at it after that string of 5 losses.

You still managed about 30 per day.

I agree that fast reversals are not good; for me, they mess up my MAs, and I have had a very poor week this week. Scary.

EDIT: your 12-HMA on the hourlies would have got you possibly twice what you got this week. :doh::embarassed:

as it goes, with the fakes (red circles) and late entries, it would have been good!

but they are just what I am doing now, without having to draw lines which is why I used them like this originally.

the update over the weekend in my blog will show how I am adapting after this week to capture both trends and chop, and it will be uncanny how similar they will be.

So why not use them..........?

All will be revealed once I have finished fencing around my bamboo's to keep the cats off them!

hma.thumb.gif.ecb2100acc3817eee59dcab8c3e9a39e.gif

oh I have them lines, the lines I drew were to illustrate a point is all. My point being the fact that when its in a bear phase, it don't hang about!

oh I have them lines, the lines I drew were to illustrate a point is all. My point being the fact that when its in a bear phase, it don't hang about!

I wouldn't necessarily say that drops are more steeper than rises... I've seen some parabolic rises that had a steep angle as well. Also, the biggest up days over history (in indices) have occurred in a bear market environment.

But if fear is a bigger emotion than greed, it would seem logical than falls happen quicker than rises...

I wouldn't necessarily say that drops are more steeper than rises... I've seen some parabolic rises that had a steep angle as well. Also, the biggest up days over history (in indices) have occurred in a bear market environment.

But if fear is a bigger emotion than greed, it would seem logical than falls happen quicker than rises...

WTF are you waffling on about. It's right there in the chart I posted! It dropped steeper/better/swifter/cleaner (whatever) on the drop! :shocked:

I set a bracket order to buy EJ at 162.65

sell limit 163.1

stop 162.4

@ 12:30pm UK time, came back from meeting just now

It did not execute.... I hate webtrader........ :frustrated::bang head::bad idea:

WTF are you waffling on about. It's right there in the chart I posted! It dropped steeper/better/swifter/cleaner (whatever) on the drop! :shocked:

I know! anecdotal evidence :o

seriously, I think we all 'sense' that drops happen faster than rises...

sell limit 163.1

stop 162.4

It did not execute.... I hate webtrader........ :frustrated::bang head::bad idea:

unlucky..... I am shooting for 165 and beyond! Wait for a pullback / HrL and get in maybe?

sell limit 163.1

stop 162.4

TWS Webtrader? Are you sure you enabled triggering trades & stops after market hours? Although I don't see how that could effect FX hmm... where the order lines still in the quote panel when you came back?

I know! anecdotal evidence :o

seriously, I think we all 'sense' that drops happen faster than rises...

They do!

Right, that's ****ing it........ :fight::fight::fight: