Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Off, Yet on Topic

Out of EJ for -25

Back to 5 pips for last 24 hours but GJ still okay! :bang head:

EJ been giving me grief lately and actually going to let it lie for a while and stay with GJ

The Asians never fancied you anyway, that's probably why you came back to England! :haha:

The Asians never fancied you anyway, that's probably why you came back to England! :haha:

Can you please keep your cheap, unfunny, off-topic comments to your own board please. ;)

As it goes up 65 on GJ atm so not too bad all in all.

In order to keep the main live trades and analysis threads clean, any other comments and posts can be made in here...

ie, an NQ chart for comparison or the dollar index to compare rates and anything similar.

(Or to abuse firewalker as he is always drunk and will never remember otherwise :rofl:)

In order to keep the main live trades and analysis threads clean, any other comments and posts can be made in here...

ie, an NQ chart for comparison or the dollar index to compare rates and anything similar.

(Or to abuse firewalker as he is always drunk and will never remember otherwise :rofl:)

Good idea. To start with I would like to apologize in advance for everything wasp is going to post here, because it will probably be a lot of bs. :haha:

Seriously, I hope that those who are interested can continue as by the examples shown. As you can see, it's not an issue when posting losing trades! Wasp has done it, I just did it. It's participation that counts, not trying to proof a point.

Good idea. To start with I would like to apologize in advance for everything you're going to post here, because it will probably be a lot of bs. :haha:

Seriously, I hope that those who are interested can continue as by the examples shown. As you can see, it's not an issue when posting losing trades! Wasp has done it, I just did it. It's participation that counts, not trying to proof (sp.) :rofl: a point.

Even spelling is unimportant too, we all make mistakes! Trading is about being perfect though of course, its impossible and a good trader embraces losses, yet shrugs them off like water from a ducks back.

FW, how do you post a larger chart as well as the attachment/thumbnail?

(test chart)

Click on the attachment, and copy the link.

Then in your post click on 'insert image' and post the URL.

Like this:

6406d1210863510-off-yet-on-topic-test.gif

Click on the attachment, and copy the link.

Then in your post click on 'insert image' and post the URL.

Where do you host yours from originally?

Where do you host yours from originally?

Nowhere!

You just upload them here, as an attachment.

That way you can use the url from here to make the image appear inside the post.

Got it? Belgians are so much smarter :rofl:

Nowhere!

You just upload them here, as an attachment.

That way you can use the url from here to make the image appear inside the post.

Got it? Belgians are so much smarter :rofl:

I'll just stick to thumbnails I think :doh:

I'll just stick to thumbnails I think :doh:

Ehm... big charts are nicer though.

click attachments: select the file, click upload

scroll down in the list with attached files, click right to open in new window (or middle click if you have that)

copy the url you see

click 'insert image' and paste the URL

That's it! Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds, if you're Belgian that is!

Ehm... big charts are nicer though.

click attachments: select the file, click upload

scroll down in the list with attached files, click right to open in new window (or middle click if you have that)

copy the url you see

click 'insert image' and paste the URL

That's it! Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds, if you're Belgian that is!

...or you click on the thumbnail :cool:

Do you still trade in currencies SMBTNT?

Yes primarily cable, I can gauge the pair better than most. However lately its been subjected to some battering thanks to eur/gbp, so the noise has increased. Saying that it's still a great mover and ticks all hte boxes in terms of technicals.

How about yourself? You still playing the exotics or just jpy crosses?

Yes primarily cable, I can gauge the pair better than most. However lately its been subjected to some battering thanks to eur/gbp, so the noise has increased. Saying that it's still a great mover and ticks all hte boxes in terms of technicals.

How about yourself? You still playing the exotics or just jpy crosses?

Been concentrating solely on the Yens over the last few months. I got bored of cable whilst it went through a quiet period and after trying a few different instruments settled on yens as they gave a better overall picture and best for risk management for me.

The exotics are fun but too many too cover and I prefer to concentrate on just 2 or 3 and spread the equity across them.

FW, can you give me the short version of what VSA is as I haven't the time to read the thread(s) but there is a lot of discussion on it here.

EDIT: No need, the description comes up when you put your mouse over it!

FW, can you give me the short version of what VSA is as I haven't the time to read the thread(s) but there is a lot of discussion on it here.

EDIT: No need, the description comes up when you put your mouse over it!

You don't know what VSA is? :shocked:

my little info link has gone now.

I always assumed it was something to do with volume and I do not have volume in FX so never bothered to read anything on it.

my little info link has gone now.

I always assumed it was something to do with volume and I do not have volume in FX so never bothered to read anything on it.

You're excused for your ignorance :)

is it volume related?

Yes, it has everything to do with volume.

It tries to explain how the smart money leaves footprints in the sense of volume.

Tom Williams originally wrote the book 'the undeclared secrets of the stock market', the latest incarnation of that is "master the markets".

Sebastian Manby is one of the followers, he used to post on T2W too under the nick VSATrader.

However, by first impression, there seems to be some kind of chiasm between the Wyckoff followers and VSA, although the latter is derived from the first. If you need to know more, I suggest you read the VSA I and II threads. Plenty of discussion going on by the looks of it!

I noticed hence the question.

I will never use volume so seems little need. Besides, us real pro's can see what's happening in price alone thanks.