Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

DbPhoenix

To All T2W Expatriates

Make sure you're using firefox, if you're not already.

I use FF & had no chatroom issues earlier today, while 1-2 users were experiencing issues. Not sure what browser they were using.

Firefox indeed, latest build. Perhaps I was chatting too much though :)

I wasn't the only one, there have been issues in the past apparently and I got a message from another guy having similar problems. Anyway, hlm would pass it on to Soultrader and he was going to check it out I think...

Guest forsearch
The jokes are just toooooo easy :rofl::rofl:

Your reply is far more revealing about your own proclivities than you may have intended... :doh:

-fs

I can never deny a good trend. Saw the people with the most valuable things to say move over here so I took the plunge. Still jasont like at T2W.

I hope other people take notice of your excellent journal too :)

Guest mp6140
I used to post under the nick of MP6140 on T2W, but thought I'd go for a relaunch here.

GJ

=====================================================

sounds fascinating gamma

mp

Bit difficult db when your mainmast has fallen in an Atlantic storm, your hands are injured and your wife is lying there with broken ribs; not to mention a smashed radio, used up all your flares unseen and it's pitch black in a heaving sea.

Even you would have helped him, db.

I think.......... ;););)

Richard

PS Albert just likes living dangerously :)

Seeing as how Al was only 4 nm off the coast of his departure point where the “rescue” took place, and he was only 2 and a half days out from the start of his journey, a competent sailor would conclude that Al violated one of the most basic rules of the sea.

Chose your weather window wisely.

Old, bold sailors don't exist – for long.

Blimey. That's all I can say. I sail on occasion myself, and incidents like this always remind one of the need to be respectful and even a little fearful of the open seas.

GJ

Absolutely!

I've never been sailing myself, but i have been deep sea fishing, and sea-kayaking (not too far from the shore!), and know that there is a fine line between feeling within your comfort zone, and quickly getting moved into an uncomfortable or dangerous situation as a swell picks up, leaving you at the mercy of mother nature.

Seeing as how Al was only 4 nm off the coast of his departure point where the “rescue” took place, and he was only 2 and a half days out from the start of his journey, a competent sailor would conclude that Al violated one of the most basic rules of the sea.

Chose your weather window wisely.

Old, bold sailors don't exist – for long.

Also, you'd especially expect a Horologist to be better than most at getting his time right.

:doh: