Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Hope this works out for you mate, I am long off 720 and scaled out at 750.

Why 770? I had a target of 800+

well I was only aiming for +50, not anything more

I got that, but was not behind the screen to take profits :\

would be surprised if this can move > 800, but stops are in place just in case

well I was only aiming for +50, not anything more

I got that, but was not behind the screen to take profits :\

would be surprised if this can move > 800, but stops are in place just in case

this market doesnt give you time to think, rejection and straight plummet, messy action within this range, I had a signal to short once we came off 785 but waited to long....oh well...

well done on the level once again...

hi smbtnt

not much time today...

but short 11770.

still short... was just afk for couple of minutes with no limit order set, so didn't manage to take profits :roll eyes:

out 10670 for +100

leaving 1 lot on till EOD with stop at 10720... this could go significantly lower

out 10670 for +100

leaving 1 lot on till EOD with stop at 10720... this could go significantly lower

yes, my next short would be rejection of 720...

otherwise I cannot enter short here even though it does seem to be s/r at 680....

yes, my next short would be rejection of 720...

otherwise I cannot enter short here even though it does seem to be s/r at 680....

680 would have been a great entry in hindsight ofcourse:(

out 10670 for +100

final contract closed out at 10590 for +180

that's the third time it failed to make a lower low and I don't have time to watch the charts this evening...

if you would like to post a chart in the other thread, it would be most appreciated :)

sure will, just need to get over the fact that i missed the world's greatest long ever!!! having called the bottom.

sure will, just need to get over the fact that i missed the world's greatest long ever!!! having called the bottom.

I remember the old days with DC and you and Jacinto etc on the live cable trading thread, and how these calls we all made irrelevant of the news, they just have to and do happen often enough and are predictable. Gutted for you that you didn't get in though.

nah, have a look over at ET or T2W... serious bottom fishing there

why risk going long when there was plenty to be made on the short side

For sure it would've been magical... but even if you were long from 470, are you sure you'd still be in? I wouldn't loose any sleep over it!

I remember the old days with DC and you and Jacinto etc on the live cable trading thread, and how these calls we all made irrelevant of the news, they just have to and do happen often enough and are predictable. Gutted for you that you didn't get in though.

yes, it happens I let that one get away, i had long signals along the way but the old ghosts promptly came to haunt 'surely we are in a bear market' she whispered and suddenly I was not trading, I was guessing and hoping and gamblng even though a trade was not placed.

FYI last time we had a move of this significance was 22nd January 2008.

Tomorrow there will be more opportunities to go long as this has to retrace at least 50% from today' highs if it is a genuine trend change.

nah, have a look over at ET or T2W... serious bottom fishing there

why risk going long when there was plenty to be made on the short side

For sure it would've been magical... but even if you were long from 470, are you sure you'd still be in? I wouldn't loose any sleep over it!

470 was calculated, a fib extension, you will not believe the other fib signals I had along the way. 470 was the mother of all fib extensions, basically the YM was so oversold it 'had' to react off it. But I never in my wildest nightmares would have expected such a dramatic result...

If fib traders are interested then i will post charts, otherwise I will leave this play for my grandchildren to admire.

The markets have completely lost the plot now. Sure to be some shorting opportunities after this madness, so it's a pity that such underhand activities are forbidden now, by FSA edict. :)

Remember, on the 15th of July they denied short selling on Fannie & Freddie Mac.

Here's a chart of what happened, yes there was an initial move higher, but it sure didn't last very long... I just think denying this activity will restrict liquidity and ultimately lead to everybody that was long to close out too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8009&stc=1&d=1221813004

fmac.gif.486e806f106e00dbca511d004274d31c.gif

Remember, on the 15th of July they denied short selling on Fannie & Freddie Mac.

Here's a chart of what happened, yes there was an initial move higher, but it sure didn't last very long... I just think denying this activity will restrict liquidity and ultimately lead to everybody that was long to close out too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8009&stc=1&d=1221813004

It's even sillier in America, where they are apprently going to have a sort of Naughty Bank to cancel bad debts. Talk about moving the deckchairs on the Titanic!

The mind boggles. Imagine a stock market where you can only buy!

It's even sillier in America, where they are apprently going to have a sort of Naughty Bank to cancel bad debts. Talk about moving the deckchairs on the Titanic!

That is just madness! How can you only buy if there are no sellers?