Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Asian markets extremely weak today with a solid downtrend. Every attempt of support and bounce was immediately followed by a new wave of selling. Seems big boys are in need to liquidate today. Goes for Japan, Hang Seng, and Kospi.

Could be a reaction from the US yesterday..... but to gap down and sell off entirely, is fairly weak which could transfer over to the US. Nikkei did hold at key 13,000 level but will watch to see if it breaks during the evening session. Hang Seng was a monster today... selling off like crazy. (interesting market btw)

Not seeing any form of accumulation... though it appeared around early afternoon only to be sold into strength again towards the close. Heads up guys.

Asian markets extremely weak today with a solid downtrend. Every attempt of support and bounce was immediately followed by a new wave of selling. Seems big boys are in need to liquidate today. Goes for Japan, Hang Seng, and Kospi.

Could be a reaction from the US yesterday..... but to gap down and sell off entirely, is fairly weak which could transfer over to the US. Nikkei did hold at key 13,000 level but will watch to see if it breaks during the evening session. Hang Seng was a monster today... selling off like crazy. (interesting market btw)

Not seeing any form of accumulation... though it appeared around early afternoon only to be sold into strength again towards the close. Heads up guys.

Thanks for that info... interestingly enough, despite yesterday's wild swings which seemed to confirm support and head off higher, we are again much lower premarket and close to yesterday's lows.

I agree with your sentiment. Each attempt is immediately followed by a strong U-turn sending us lower again. It's also worth mentioning the ES made new lows yesterday while the DOW and NQ did not.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where this will stop ?:confused:

I think there hasn't been the typical capitulation and sellers aren't completely flushed out yet. I have 10750-10850 as potential major support.

closed @ 5444 +79

planning on taking out soem longs later too, but wanted to bank this one

Buzz I talk about doing theses longer contract trades...you are doing them well done...

Thanks for that info... interestingly enough, despite yesterday's wild swings which seemed to confirm support and head off higher, we are again much lower premarket and close to yesterday's lows.

I agree with your sentiment. Each attempt is immediately followed by a strong U-turn sending us lower again. It's also worth mentioning the ES made new lows yesterday while the DOW and NQ did not.

Yes but we have not closed below 11200 yet, having made the lows. A close below on the daily will accelerate the run to sub 11k imo.

Buzz I talk about doing theses longer contract trades...you are doing them well done...

thanks foale, its working really well at the moment, just been buying ftse aug longs on the dips, at levels between 5350 and 5450ish, aiming for 50 points on each one, but will take more if it looks possible. Also, if it goes against me i can hold them for longer. Its less stressful (for me) too.

Long ftse aug 5410

What tf/strat you using Buzz ?

I am using CCI based strat on the 1minute and I did not get an entry until 350pm.......

What tf/strat you using Buzz ?

I am using CCI based strat on the 1minute and I did not get an entry until 350pm.......

Hi Taz, to be honest I am just using a 15min chart with RSI, Stoch, MACD and MA's/Bolly bands. I have recently adopted a contract trade approach so buying at prices that i feel are good value based on the above indicators. With oil coming down i feel a rally could be possible. Trader Tom talked about the 500 day cycle which is about now so I am favouring the long side. Also, when stock markets are headline news in papers and TV i tend to see that as a long signal, as by the time that news becomes mainstream its already been priced in. Still learning really, though very pleased with that entry at 5410!!

Yes, and I'm up over 750pts at the moment, so long (short) may it continue.:)

you dont think that $136 a floor... back to $139

anyway....amazing trading there.....

Hi Taz, to be honest I am just using a 15min chart with RSI, Stoch, MACD and MA's/Bolly bands. I have recently adopted a contract trade approach so buying at prices that i feel are good value based on the above indicators. With oil coming down i feel a rally could be possible. Trader Tom talked about the 500 day cycle which is about now so I am favouring the long side. Also, when stock markets are headline news in papers and TV i tend to see that as a long signal, as by the time that news becomes mainstream its already been priced in. Still learning really, though very pleased with that entry at 5410!!

What do you make of his market maps ? I took a weeks trial but decided they were not for me.

What do you make of his market maps ? I took a weeks trial but decided they were not for me.

I agree, had a look at them when Tom H has posted them. Think they are probably too emotionally detached so dont really rate them. If it was that easy everyone would follow them and win!

Sounds idiotic to say so now...but I was expecting an upward break this evening...but was out since 7pm...should have left something on with a stop I suppose...

Dunno why I have a set up that separately tracks the bigger swings to be traded via Contract trades and I am not doing it so....

When I get the next signal I am going to post it...Perhaps if it them moves..95 points...I will be so fed up I might take the position....next time.

Today 12 trades 1 loser...