Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Don't understand all this short talk. Dow futures almost static for the last 2 hours - there's massive buying demmand waiting on the sidelines after the noise (sorry 'news').

Opened a small long on the dow fut at 326 and a limit long at 303.

Limit to close 400.

noise news, hehe, like that :)

I agree it looks strong, with the background and the selling climax from Thursday evening the odds favoured more upside yesterday... will be interesting in 5 minutes.

Don't understand all this short talk. Dow futures almost static for the last 2 hours - there's massive buying demmand waiting on the sidelines after the noise (sorry 'news').

Opened a small long on the dow fut at 326 and a limit long at 303.

Limit to close 400.

Closed the 326 at 341

Limit order still open.

ok - dow no change ftse up 1.8% - somethings got to give.

I know this is not a trade - but it relates to a trade I lost money on and so its important to me . I thought the ftse and dow were closely linked so does the current divergance surprise anyone else?

I know this is not a trade - but it relates to a trade I lost money on and so its important to me . I thought the ftse and dow were closely linked so does the current divergance surprise anyone else?

Here are some correlations but I haven't got figures linking European indices with US indices... will have a look around.

Short DAX daily if it falls to 6815. stop=6840. call valid for next 2hrs.

bail out for BE.

entry was below the last bit of sideways movement around 6818. SL was close to top of move.

happy it broke well. but not happy it recovered - thought it would make a clean move.

end of day for me, so not interested in hanging about.

Here are some stats about the correlation between the S&P and the FTSE. It's not about the DOW versus FTSE, but as the DOW is 95% correlated with the S&P, it's as good as... First look gives only an average correlation of 50%...

http://www.econstats.com/eqty/eqem_mi_10.htm

Edit: just had a closer look and there's loads of numbers there, going back as far as 1928 for some markets.

Edited by firewalker

Ok trying again with some June Futures shorts...

short Dax 6845 stop 6875 swing trade

Short Ftse 5925 stop 5955 swing trade

Decided not to be too greedy on my first one.....

closed Dax short 6798 +47

closed Ftse short 5855 +70

Reason for the close..

15 min Dow looks over sold....

I have 12188 area as a pivot support

and likely it will bounce back over 12200 in the near term

FTSE indicated at 90 points off its high at 1:30pm. That's a 1.5% drop so the dow is having an effect.

I've gone long on the dow cash at 195 limit 245

Long Dax 6748 Swing trade

Long Ftse 5778 Swing Trade

Dow level 12130

Just not comfortable with this at the moment

Clearly there is the threat of 12100-12080 and its too risky...

will be back with my swing longs later...

out Dax 56 +8

out Ftse 78 +0