Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

There are no secrets out there sweety, no holy grail buckets full of magical "9 from 10 winners" or any other snake oil tid bits either. Everything gets re-gurgitated if you sit & wait long enough :o

I dont know what to say !!!

This is the most informative thread I have ever read in years and years of looking at forums .

I would like to say a BIG thank you to all the contributors .

And to show you havn't been wasting your time, here is a trade i am in now.

cheers

Ian

ejcci.thumb.GIF.80a34a10fa2d34051265c8eff54d3717.GIF

ejcci2.thumb.GIF.c57165bc089cb5d09c9e33051e637981.GIF

It was only an example of a set-up/trigger Aaron. If those price aid combo's aren't to your liking, then fair enough. The point I was trying to make is, there are numerous little pearls one can assemble to take advantage of a specific short or mid term play. That's merely one which I particularly enjoy batting around when circumstances dictate.

Trust you to go poking around in busy hornets nests. Stay in your corner & keep your pearls to yourself, you'll have the indicator police swarming all over this joint :o

We got ourselves a peaceful little lounge in which to shoot the breeze & you come clattering in waving your goddamn arms around like some wild banshee.

God help us when "the other one" turns up. :doh:

Edited by milliard

And to show you havn't been wasting your time, here is a trade i am in now.

Hello Ian,

Glad you're enjoying the thread. I'm sure the enjoyment factor will increase rapidly now we got additional input from some very cute cookies.

Great trade there, you kicked it into the early Tokyo shift, which is fine when playing around with their pairs. The usual lazy bout of stoploss sniffing from the late NY shorts turned & paid you a wage.

Be mindful of the EU data printing later this morning (Gmn PPi & ZEW), players will be keeping their positions small(er) until that noise breaks.

Regards the entry; it wasn't quite in synch with her ingredients for a trigger. Be very mindful of the levels she talked bout when looking to fire this set-up.

Obviously, where & how you trade is down to your own personal choice, & I'm respectful of that. But I think you'll find this type of execution works best when prices are pushing extreme envelopes & vibrating on & around clear prev supply-demand zones.

Also the senior bar didn't close outside the BB edge on your example. The 1st bar must close outside & the next closes inside the BB edge. You then look for weakness/strength on the following bar(s).

All this type of behaviour is attempting to highlight is the trade-off between imbalance, where longs are buying into a zone of supply & shorts are selling into a zone of demand.

They're being caught in the headlights (albeit temporarily in some cases), & that little strat is looking to catch them offside.

Keep it tight & continue to do your work - again, nice trade & I hope it travels for you!! :)

Edited by milliard

CCI relies upon the statistically useless "average deviation of price" in its calculations, not the much more statistically valid "standard deviation" instead.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I'll stop talking indicators after this post. And I won't even touch on Bollinger bands.

Statistically useless is a judgment I've never heard a statistician make because something is appropriate to the distribution or somewhat inappropriate. And by that definition a std deviation based is assuming a normal curve which we all know is not there in the markets so it is just about as inappropriate. I've made CCIs with Stddev based md1s (I think I creatively called it an sd1 (can I patent that?)) and a number of people used them but we really didn't find them noticeably better than the md1 version.

Damn, I lied about bollingers. Do you think that if we built a bollinger with the robust md1 range we could call them

ForSearchKiwi Bands (useful for trading funny little thin currencies )?

I think it was the great Turtle Trainer, Eckhardt, who said that we should use cruder robust estimators rather than delicate statistical estimators when looking at markets. And md1, like the range normalizer in a stochastic is an elegant example of "crude."

Come to think of it, so is my trading. :rofl:

Edited by Kiwi
when it doesn't make sense

Oh now, quit stompin all over my sandcastles you mean old bullies. You watch your step mister (milliard) otherwise I’ll get 'Sean the swot' to impregnate your console with a horrid worm or whatever it is that renders screens impotent.

Can you fella’s courier across a technical manual of sorts? I don’t even think I speak that language, do I Andre? All I know is that when I haul that lil sweetie up at specific area’s of intent it gets to work & ensures I can purchase another pair of sassy Jimmy Choo’s.

Anyhow, my head is still thumping mildly from yesterday’s endeavors on here + my finger ends have swollen to twice their normal size, so I’m excusing myself today from all this fun & loud play.

When in the hell is the cavalry (Tessa) arriving. You’ll get your ass scolded good & proper then Mr Andre moody pants when she comes callin :haha:

you might get a better value bite at your EURAUD yet ;)

They're definitely trying to cut a base out down there. Certainly in no hurry to plumb the depths of sub 1.6200 today anyhow.

Agree with little sis though, I'd prefer to hang my hat on a more substantial peg for a trip back up.

They're all out testing those stops for sure now. 6010-30 for a taxi ride back anyone? Might get a deal for a cheap day return ;)

.....I think it was the great Turtle Trainer, Eckhardt, who said that we should use cruder robust estimators rather than delicate statistical estimators when looking at markets......

Was he talking about the use of non-parametric over parametric measures? Haven't read the quote in question (I don't think, anyway).

......And md1, like the range normalizer in a stochastic is an elegant example of "crude."

Come to think of it, so is my trading. :rofl:

lol - your words mate, not ours.....

GJ

That AUDCHF is a very neat technical play indeed. I guess you been running it from last week? Nice shift thru the gears @ .9800 via the pullback from early month. Be interesting to see who comes out to play up here @ 1.0100.

Actually only came on to my radar yesterday, but figured would let the RBA have their say first. Want to wait for confirmation from the price action yet. Technically AUD still pretty bid - may be a further shakeout to the topside yet in both AUD/USD and AUD/NZD (another crowded trade right now).

Thus my preference for playing it through options - slightly more forgiving on timing. And using it in conjunction with the VIX move means you can probably play it for vol rather than direction (i.e. job your gamma). Which is why I was also looking at correlations last night.

GJ

When in the hell is the cavalry (Tessa) arriving. You’ll get your ass scolded good & proper then Mr Andre moody pants when she comes callin :haha:

Hey girl,

Kooochie koooo :smoking:

x

We're still missing Buk, it's been a while since he's lounged this area.

It's about time the dang pairs are moving. Been twirling my hair in knots waiting for something to move.

We're still missing Buk, it's been a while since he's lounged this area.

It's about time the dang pairs are moving. Been twirling my hair in knots waiting for something to move.

He's a regular real estate hotshot on the Island of Cyprus these days torero. Any scrap of commercial property or live wire land pops it's head above the parapet & he's all over it like a demented cash cow.

He trades his folks a/c between closing property deals.

Didn't you hop on the back of that 1st stage EURAUD pullback at the 250? She's a sweet little mover today. ;)

That aggressive old Pound/Yen shot out of the hole at a rate of knots earlier - might have been a tad too hard on the gas though?

Hey girl,

Kooochie koooo :smoking:

x

Oh my, am I ever glad to see you. What kept ya?

All sorts have been occurring, this is one busy little corner of the world.

I landed last week right in the middle of a bustling, noisy boatload of asylum seekers from the T2W theatre.

Lookin round for a cab, when out of the melee sprints an irate Andre all fired up ready to drown one of those agreeable fella’s he mistook for some batty old Greek philosopher. I think maybe the forum police marked his card though. He’s been his usual morose self ever since.

Hell, there’s him trying to poke my eyes out with a sharpened lead pencil & a small posse of indicator haters tossing water bombs at me.

Apart from that, we got ourselves a real friendly fort. Some charming fella’s right here in this thread.

Mr D. Burrow of Phoenix & his chums are holding court over at the price & volume table, + they got a whole bunch of interesting vsa, profile & wot not stuff going on. They even got them a music thread. Hooty mon tooty ,we’ll have us a ball.

Oh, & you missed your buddy Jason Alan Jankovsky. He was here a while, I’ve seen his threads. Apparently he’s got his own little corner shop someplace.

They don’t care much for price aids here though. Like I said, I got me a small posse of indicator scalpers on my case already. I think I got their number, but it won’t harm if I got back-up, just in case. Ebeneezer Krantz, Andre, Jim & the rest would just as soon see me chased all over this fort than step in & offer helping hand.

The forum police are sweethearts. Anyone who muscles that grouchy old milliard into a corner ranks high in my estimation anyhow.

So, there’s the deal right there. Think we might stay a while?

appreciate the update.

place looks promising for sure.

important things first…..lets go check out this music thread.

by the way, between dodging eye surgery & water bombs, you made any money this week? We got us a 3 day weekend (drink fest) on the horizon & I doubt very much Ebbeee Krantz will be doling out bonus checks this early into the month.

by the way, between dodging eye surgery & water bombs, you made any money this week?

You kiddin me? seen the state of these charts out there?

There's a whole lot of pain going on with everyone chopping & changing course every 10 minutes. Especially those pesky Yens.

I blame the Chinese.

We'll maybe have to go wait tables for KFC at this rate girlie.

You kiddin me? seen the state of these charts out there?

There's a whole lot of pain going on with everyone chopping & changing course every 10 minutes. Especially those pesky Yens.

I blame the Chinese.

We'll maybe have to go wait tables for KFC at this rate girlie.

Those Yens have been harsh this week but a lovely rejection of the highs on EY earlier

reject.thumb.gif.f62af3a09a40518e1523942fc057a209.gif

Edited by wasp
pretty picture added!

you bounce those asian jumping jacks around via the shorter frame view Wasp? How do you get along with them?

apologies if you've covered it in your blog, I haven't gotten around to perusing everywhere yet. It's a busy little shop & that's a fact.

I like to try get aboard at the wider edges (chart brief). Not always successful, but I'd rather soak up the excess at those outer boundaries if possible than get my shins bloddied toughing it out inside these busy corridors.

interesting to see how different folks play their hand.

5aa70e65ea3ff_yd.jpg.004a2534ca3c7bac73eea7e0a405760e.jpg

5aa70e65ef776_yh.jpg.ceb48734ab5e0f1934dba3c49e342406.jpg

you bounce those asian jumping jacks around via the shorter frame view Wasp? How do you get along with them?

apologies if you've covered it in your blog, I haven't gotten around to perusing everywhere yet. It's a busy little shop & that's a fact.

I like to try get aboard at the wider edges (chart brief). Not always successful, but I'd rather soak up the excess at those outer boundaries if possible than get my shins bloddied toughing it out inside these busy corridors.

interesting to see how different folks play their hand.

Simple as as simple does and just rejections of the upper levels with a trendline thrown in on the 30 minute (see chart att above).

Mixed lifestyle on the yens for the last couple of weeks but usually run with them quite well and easily off the hourlies. They can move so sweetly when they want to.

Cable punching through some weak stops today huh? That's a mighty impressive plod off that 94 support base. Must just be a short squeeze exercise.

You can almost hear those old stops hitting the floor as it tanks on :o

Loonie having it's own snatch party today too. Close quarter (trailing) stops showing too much of their ass got slapped on that cheeky shift thru 950.

Should attract sales further up it fancies putting on it's sneakers from here.

loon15.jpg.710a61d86a20a2392eabd54953f96e22.jpg

Mixed lifestyle on the yens for the last couple of weeks but usually run with them quite well and easily off the hourlies. They can move so sweetly when they want to.

Nice Wasp.

Clearer the view, the less you got to worry bout ;)

Cable punching through some weak stops today huh? That's a mighty impressive plod off that 94 support base. Must just be a short squeeze exercise.

You can almost hear those old stops hitting the floor as it tanks on :o

I'm in Short now on this pair for a quick retrace @ 1.9691 and 1.9703