Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

9146894me

Help with Simple Show Me

I suggest you take a look at the code for Head & Shoulders ShowMe within TS for example of how to find these patterns. These are not simple one, two or three bar patterns (for example, looking for a doji, which is basically Open=Close for the current bar) and it requires looking at pivots or swing bars over many bars (could be dozens of bars). The code for H&S is about 200 lines. In addition, no two independent implementation of these indicators will look exactly the same because there are too many variables involved.

Even if you don't do Easylanguage, you could start by drawing a few bars of what the rules entailed in the pictures you posted and see if you could have defined them mathmatically (e.g., H[4] < H[3] AND H[3] = H[1] AND C[3] <> H[3] AND C[1] <> H[1] AND C[0] < L[1] in the simplest 5 bar permutation for the Double top reversal bar pattern).

Now I see a sample chart of the bars in question I can see why you say they are simple. In real life, you won't find too many adjacent bar double top or double bottoms like that (I don't think the sample chart is even an actual chart). If you just want to program such a pattern, the logic provided above (or similar logic) will let you program such pattern matching in EL, but you are unlikely to find many matches. There are a lot more practical three bar group patterns you can explore, for example the ones mention in Suri's book

{Suri TBG1; Go Long above H[3]}

if H[3] > H[2] and C[2] < C[1] and L[1] > L[2] and H[1] > H[2] and C > H[3] then
TB1Long = true
	else
TB1Long = false ;

{Suri TBG2; Go Long above H[2]}

if H[3] > H[2] and C[2] < C[1] and L[2] < L[3] and O[1] < C[2] and C[1] > C[2] and 
L[1] < L[2] and C > H[2] then
	TB2Long = true
else
	TB2Long = false ;

{Suri TBG3; Go Long above H[1]}

if H[3] > H[2] and C[2] < C[3] and O[1] > C[2] and H[1] > H[3] and
C > H[1] then
TB3Long = true
	else
TB3Long = false ;

{Suri TBG4; Go Long above H[3]}

if H[3] > H[2] and H[2] > H[1] and L[3] < L[2] and L[2] < L[1] and C > H[3] then
TB4Long = true
	else
TB4Long = false ;

{Suri TBG4; Go Short below L[3]}

if L[3] < L[2] and L[2] < L[1] and H[3] > H[2] and H[2] > H[1] and C < L[3] then

TB4Short = true
	else
TB4Short = false ;

The first ELD ...SURIBARS below is not an actual indicator, just the functions for matching the three bar groups pattern. The second ELD, ...SURI.CANDLEREADER is an indicator, capable of matching several candle stick patterns, written by Suri. You should be able to use that as an example to explore more simple patterns.

20070716084205SURIBARS 1.ELD

20061205194606SURI.CANDLEREADER.ELD

Again Thank You, I hope others will benifit from the code also. I will soon contribute some code and Ideas I came across. Ultimatly what i am looking for is:

Find a confirmed major pivot P1

Confirm a P2 pivot

Get a P3 pivot that dosent exceed the P1 pivot and enter on the reversal bar types above. But rather than just seeing them on the chart I thought getting a plot after the conditions above have occured would be a excellent entry. (providing the trend is in your direction and others). But overall finding major reversals in the market and trading with them would be a low risk place to enter trend changes.

http://www.surinotes.com/tradestation/articles/TradingABCs.html

Suri seems to have an auto ABC with Fib projections for the C pivot. This is very similar to what I am looking for. Is this indicator available? Is the code in his book? Thanks to all!

Not that I am aware of. Suri has begun to market quite of few of his indicators, although the prices are not explicitly listed on his website. The closest free indicator is the Suri ZigzagFib from the TS forum.

Again Thank You, I hope others will benifit from the code also. I will soon contribute some code and Ideas I came across.....

still awaiting your contribution..... .....

Hi

Suri has Xcellent ideas 2 build personnalized indicators

attachment.php?attachmentid=21211&stc=1&d=1275122164

Like this one

attachment.php?attachmentid=21210&stc=1&d=1275122164

Snap2.jpg.ebd767dd658ce6d834ca1ca9dc3b7016.jpg

5aa7100c81d38_ABCwithreversalbarlongexample.jpg.b653aae8540314b9ba8707742d3d5b40.jpg

Edited by aaa

I can find Pivot A and Pivot B then I want Pivot C to less than Pivot A and enter on the reversal bar.

So maybe a showme that plots a dot above or below depaening on direction every reversal bar that happens to see it better so would I need a higher high and a equal or lower close than the previous bar to plot?

Maybe something is already offer that will plot this. I know there will be tons of plots but I can filter most out by the C pivot to be equal or less than the A pivot.

So A would be confirmed and B would be confirmed then I would look for the c pivot and watch the reversal bars plot from that point on.

5aa7100cd9c16_reversalbarc.jpg.7c5a7fd9d3be69ba3c8fb105c1c96876.jpg

I can find Pivot A and Pivot B then I want Pivot C to less than Pivot A and enter on the reversal bar.

So maybe a showme that plots a dot above or below depaening on direction every reversal bar that happens to see it better so would I need a higher high and a equal or lower close than the previous bar to plot?

Maybe something is already offer that will plot this. I know there will be tons of plots but I can filter most out by the C pivot to be equal or less than the A pivot.

So A would be confirmed and B would be confirmed then I would look for the c pivot and watch the reversal bars plot from that point on.

5aa7100ce1982_reversalbarc.jpg.f4fa2e330bcc78f28d1cd80106ae8de0.jpg