Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre

Possibly the greatest trading book of all time. A true traders gem. Out of all the books I let people borrow, this book will never leave my library. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is a disguised story of Jesse Livermore, the greatest stock trader of all time. Although initially published in 1923, the trading wisdom and advice is still very valuable in todays markets. The markets may change but the people will never change. Jesse Livermore was one of the earliest tape readers of our times. As a boy, Livermore spent countless hours working for the local bucket shops staring at stock prices. He was able to build his trading edge after hours of observation of the ticker board. If you have yet to read this book do yourself a favor and pick it up.

There is plenty of market insight even for a veteran trader. The book is a real financial page turner and you will explore the history of wallstreet as well as the old school market manipulation tactics. You will learn about the tape and how Jesse Livermore was able to identify support and resistance through the ticker board. This should be a mandatory reading for all traders.

"After twenty years and many re-reads, Reminiscences is still one of my all-time favorites."

-Kenneth L. Fisher, Forbes

It's become a cliché but I like it, not because everyone else likes it. But the wisdom is universal and time-tested over and over again. No book has advice and wisdom that can last market after market through time. Worth every penny and more.

I liked this book mainly because it was so easy to read. It was light hearted and not deep and technical like so many trading books. It is more of a book that you might even take on holiday to read on the beach. Lots of insights into trader psychology made it a very interesting read to me. One thing that struck me was that if you substitute bucket shops for modern day forex brokers, you would think the book was written this year on forex brokers!

The version I bought was rather cumbersome to read as it was a large format hardback, I would prefer a paperback version without illustrations. I read most of it in the bath and as it was so good I couldn't put it down, my arms ached afterwards. Great book.