Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s new "Futures Scalps"

Unicorn : so far BOP outperforms ad and chaikin...

Hello Walter;

it is great that you have already tested BOP versus AD_Osc; it is nice to know that BOP outperforms.

remember to take care on momentum conditions, as they may diverge and then still keep going on the same direction...

Indeed, I know that too well; especially when price hits the trailing stop and then sprints to hit the pivot point no matter what...

counter trend trades demand good momentum discernment skills...

Yes; I am not there yet.

I am studying the negative laddering and the subsequent vmar icon. That is a very interesting setup. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you get a chance, please point out a few of those trades - negative laddering and subsequent vmar icon - in your video presentations.

Take it easy.

Unicorn.

I am studying the negative laddering and the subsequent vmar icon. That is a very interesting setup. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you get a chance, please point out a few of those trades - negative laddering and subsequent vmar icon - in your video presentations.

Take it easy.

Unicorn.

Laddering became automatic and is discounted on the new way setups are formed... so I dont look at them on the setup formation anymore, it was a very good interesting instance during the open research... but is good to know how they work as they became hidden components of our trading aproach... cheers Walter.

Hi Cattus;

this is the accumulation_distribution Line, a summation of the value since the beginning of the chart. It is not the oscillator; that's why it does not require the 14 bar input.

It is also a different from the BOP based computation because it uses

((Close- Low) - (High - Close)) / (High - Low) * Volume

instead of

(Close- Open) / (High - Low) * Volume

regards.

Unicorn.

OK, Unicorn. I understand.

I tried to find some oscillator of Accumulation/Distribution in the forum of NT, but I did not find a example of them. May be other can help you.

Regards.

Agustín

The Chimp`s new "Futures Scalps" thread very interest

I cann't speak English very well. Sorry

Code Convert to the Tradestation Indicators(FXST3CCI.cs,T3.cs) difficult for me.

if possible, Post for the Tradestation Indicators code(FXST3CCI,T3)

Thank you.

The Chimp`s new "Futures Scalps" thread very interest

I cann't speak English very well. Sorry

Code Convert to the Tradestation Indicators(FXST3CCI.cs,T3.cs) difficult for me.

if possible, Post for the Tradestation Indicators code(FXST3CCI,T3)

Thank you.

No problem Kinglim, here you go:

Cheers

Blu-Ray

ps. if you need any other codes for Walter's threads, just give me a shout.

CCI_T3_SMOOTHED.ELD

Hi Blu-Ray,

Is it possible to code BOP for TradeStation?

Thanks,

Jim

Here you go Jim, I've read that they are a couple of variations to the BOP, so not sure which is correct. I think Unicorn mentioned Volume being in the calculation.

The code I've attached is based on this :

BOP = (Close - Open) / ( High - Low);

If anyone thinks this is incorrect, please let me know so I can amend it.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

BALANCEOFPOWER.ELD

thank Blu-Ray

good work. :)

i'm some confused

FXST3CCI indicator show 1)Blue line and 2)Yellow line

TL posting CCiT3Smooth indicator maybe Blue line indicator

Yellow line indicator unknown indicator. :confused:

thanks

0.PNG.d973cd22178d56ac1e1096ea168e12dc.PNG

thank Blu-Ray

good work. :)

i'm some confused

FXST3CCI indicator show 1)Blue line and 2)Yellow line

TL posting CCiT3Smooth indicator maybe Blue line indicator

Yellow line indicator unknown indicator. :confused:

thanks

Kinglim

The yellow line is a signal line based on a simple moving average of the cci.

I've recoded it for you so you can download it again.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

FXST3CCI.ELD

Hi Blu-Ray,

Thanks for your quick response to my BOP request. It seems to react differently from the MT4 version.

When I compare the TS version (using multicharts and ES) with The MT4 version on a 1 min. scale, there is quite a bit of difference. I am anything but a programmer but I suspect that volume may have something to do with BOP. Volume my be somewhat of a problem with Forex but should not be with futures contracts.

Thanks again for anything you may be able to do.

Jim

Hi Blu-Ray,

Thanks for your quick response to my BOP request. It seems to react differently from the MT4 version.

When I compare the TS version (using multicharts and ES) with The MT4 version on a 1 min. scale, there is quite a bit of difference. I am anything but a programmer but I suspect that volume may have something to do with BOP. Volume my be somewhat of a problem with Forex but should not be with futures contracts.

Thanks again for anything you may be able to do.

Jim

Jim

Leave it with me and I'll take a look at it, if possible could you post a chart of your MT4 with ES on it, so I can compare and fix it.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Thank Blu-Ray

wow~good work. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

it was a huge help to me.

you are very kind and good.

Once again, Thank you very much for all your helping.

Kinglim

Hi Blu-Ray,

I think I have the screen shot attached. Let me know if it is clear enough.

Thanks again,

Jim

Jim

I've coded it up exactly the same as the version igorad posted earlier. I've only got forex data on my MT4, so I've compared it live against the EURJPY yesterday. It was close but would vary, probably because the forex data is coming from different sources.

However, I compared the ES on my TS charts to the chart you posted and it's way off. Unfortunately I can't explain it, I would guess it has something to do with the different platforms in which they handle the data, I know MT4 has repainting problems with some indicators, whether this is the case, I'm unsure. The code itself is straight forward so I think it must be down to the platforms.

Anyway, give it a try for yourself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4236&stc=1&d=1196170630

Cheers

Blu-Ray

BOP_V2.ELD

eurjpy.png.acbd62bfc776769537a3d579d2a0f99c.png

Blu-Ray

Thanks again for this indicator. I have run the new version through some forex charts and it seems to work pretty well as a divergence indicator, but it really seems to fall down on ES.

I think you are right about the platforms. I generally use Multicharts with Tradestation data. I put BOP_v2 on both charts and they are different, even though they are using the exact same data.:confused:

Still looking for a divergence indicator for ES on tradestation. If you have any ideas, please let the world know. I love Walters set up on MT4 and NT, for both the Icon and the divergence, but there are so many limitations on these charts. I am used to looking at volume charts for futures. Not available on MT4 and NT will only let you import 1 minute historical data from Tradestation.:crap:

Anyway, thank you...thank you....thank you.....for your contributions. I continue to look forward to your posts.:)

Jim

Blu-Ray

Thanks again for this indicator. I have run the new version through some forex charts and it seems to work pretty well as a divergence indicator, but it really seems to fall down on ES.

I think you are right about the platforms. I generally use Multicharts with Tradestation data. I put BOP_v2 on both charts and they are different, even though they are using the exact same data.:confused:

Still looking for a divergence indicator for ES on tradestation. If you have any ideas, please let the world know. I love Walters set up on MT4 and NT, for both the Icon and the divergence, but there are so many limitations on these charts. I am used to looking at volume charts for futures. Not available on MT4 and NT will only let you import 1 minute historical data from Tradestation.:crap:

Anyway, thank you...thank you....thank you.....for your contributions. I continue to look forward to your posts.:)

Jim

Thanks Jim

With regards to a divergence indicator, I've been using the LBR 3/10 Oscillator, it seem to work okay, but with every indicator it's never going to be perfect, I don't trade the ES but I know Dogpile uses it and he trades the ES.

Give it a try, I think in the end, it all comes down to what your comfortable with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4243&stc=1&d=1196204647

Cheers

Blu-Ray

LBR_3_10_OSC.ELD

es.thumb.png.2476e5b4f08d56d85186687ed70e561f.png

Hi Folks

I've been a recent 'lurker' here over the last few weeks.

Re-discovered TL after Sparrow posted the Fantail VMA on

the Ninja Support board.

I'm just blown away by the community spirit here.

I'd like to make my own small contribution.

There was a small bug in the ADXVMA version posted to TL.

This bug would cause the indicator to plot very different values when used in a Ninja Strategy.

Thanks Josh and Sparrow, this is now fixed.

I've posed the fixed version below.

ADXVMAv3.zip

There was a small bug in the ADXVMA version posted to TL.

This bug would cause the indicator to plot very different values when used in a Ninja Strategy.

Zoltran;

please explain what the very small bug was; i.e. post the couple of lines with the code that had the bug

and the correct version of the same lines of code .

Thanks.

cheers.

Unicorn.