Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

The Chimp`s new "Futures Scalps"

Walter,

I see you use a tick interval. Do you prefer tick charts over volume charts?

Thanks

I am very used to ticks... but basicly it would be very similar... cheers Walter.

This seems to be a nice approach

Hi Rob, welcome aboard... a little poupurry here, I must admit... for the already developed methods, you may want to check flip, lazy, false break trades threads... any way here as I am adicted to innovation I like to see what can be "optimized" and some times also "simplified" as well...

There are some ideas here wich are more classic and others are more agresive like trading the divergences... we keep interacting, once again welcome... cheers Walter.

Today I want to share some classic stuff here... something that will honor all the good old basic research done on the forex threads...

This trade its good enough to make you a living, you dont need anything else... offcourse the same teacher that tells you that, its no good example on his waco demential weaknes for unlimited research ¡¡ jejejeje... but dont worry... I have to make clear that my research may be very colourfull BUT my live trading normally is the same old rutine... sometimes if I find something from my research that I really like it, I may incorporate it into my live trading so it may get a little variation...

From all what I showed here (wich its no rocket science) this one I will show today is a classy one that I would be seriously willing to incorporate to my live trading... at least some 30 contracts...

I may sound like a broken record... well hope may help someone with this tedious repetition... My classic pattern, easy and clear pattern that repeats over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over

over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over

over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over AGAIN... jejeje :crap: its the ICON...

Let me show you a scalper version on the next post using our latest cool indis....

I need cofee now... cheers Walter.

Hi.

As I believe that never it is of more remembering the bases of the divergences, and I believe that they will be a important part for the scalping techniques that is showing Walter to us, I want to share these lessons that I found and I summarized of babypips.com

Salu2.

Agustín

Divergence Trading.pdf

Hi.

As I believe that never it is of more remembering the bases of the divergences, and I believe that they will be a important part for the scalping techniques that is showing Walter to us, I want to share these lessons that I found and I summarized of babypips.com

Salu2.

Agustín

Thanks Agustin for this inputs... so far on this thread we comented on two posible oscillators to show divergences in order to take centripetal M types patterns to play a small refresh to the magenta line... that was Chaikin oscillator and BOP... I think Unicorn suggested Twigs Money flow also... should test it also... Its a nice oscillator , but basicly when things run out of gas on some extreme, you may want to take a refresh trade back to the magenta... Now, let me make clear they are agressive... cheers Walter.

Thanks Agustin for this inputs... so far on this thread we comented on two posible oscillators to show divergences in order to take centripetal M types patterns to play a small refresh to the magenta line... that was Chaikin oscillator and BOP... I think Unicorn suggested Twigs Money flow also... should test it also... Its a nice oscillator , but basicly when things run out of gas on some extreme, you may want to take a refresh trade back to the magenta... Now, let me make clear they are agressive... cheers Walter.

Hi Walter.

I know that this kind of operations are an aggressive style of trading. But I guess that the M's that you have been showed us are a very clear patterns, in order to consider it to trade together with the divergences, lowering a little the risk, but obvious at least we will need the confirmation of the rainbow. Anyway, we must have clear the risk of it kind of trading, that is more risky than Icons tradings.

Salu2.

Agustín

Today I want to share some classic stuff here... something that will honor all the good old basic research done on the forex threads...

This trade its good enough to make you a living, you dont need anything else... offcourse the same teacher that tells you that, its no good example on his waco demential weaknes for unlimited research ¡¡ jejejeje... but dont worry... I have to make clear that my research may be very colourfull BUT my live trading normally is the same old rutine... sometimes if I find something from my research that I really like it, I may incorporate it into my live trading so it may get a little variation...

From all what I showed here (wich its no rocket science) this one I will show today is a classy one that I would be seriously willing to incorporate to my live trading... at least some 30 contracts...

I may sound like a broken record... well hope may help someone with this tedious repetition... My classic pattern, easy and clear pattern that repeats over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over

over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over AGAIN... jejeje :crap: its the ICON...

Let me show you a scalper version on the next post using our latest cool indis....

I need cofee now... cheers Walter.

Its clear that I am tired, I revisit this thread and I already clearly posted what I was to share here... doing to much paralel research recently... I am starting with the new Midas stuff, its awesome ¡¡

SO its the ICON... first continuation after cross of magenta... maybe the new nuance here was only taking the first oscillation near to the magenta with a tight stop below/above magenta and dont fool with the other continuations that happen too far from the magenta...

Best thing here I can do... its keep posting more charts on this aproach for the next 2 weeks so it gets really clear...

let me share small video... cheers Walter.

Near to the Magenta Icon and continuations.swf

Looks great Walter. You have progressed this method to a very clear process.

I could not find the Ninja version of the indicators in the posts. Would you mind posting a link? I'd like to test it on DAX.

Looks great Walter. You have progressed this method to a very clear process.

I could not find the Ninja version of the indicators in the posts. Would you mind posting a link? I'd like to test it on DAX.

Thanks Momentom... same thing from a diferent perspective... cheers Walter.

I hope everyone enjoyed todays trading... setups where very clear today, and this simple chart keeps performing very nice...

Let me share with you some of todays setups, centrifugal and centripetal as well...

One thing I want to share is "very specific timing" on smaller time frames with the same cci adapted on a smaller time frame... if you get very picky about when to push the mouse button on your platform, this is the way to get more quirurgical precision...

on this charts I also share how the green and black lines gave better timings for divergence trades, sometimes the oscillator wants to get tricky during this extremes... on clean vma cross makes a good robust timing...

attachment.php?attachmentid=4043&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4044&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4045&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4046&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4047&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4048&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4049&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4050&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4051&stc=1&d=1195172997

attachment.php?attachmentid=4052&stc=1&d=1195172997

more on next post...

1.thumb.png.1fd5758198c7cd6772fa9fff2366ca0b.png

2.thumb.png.4efe0eb4baa859cb2365b1f3a3adc999.png

3.thumb.png.8fdbd08d152f9fbea60c63b5dd77dc88.png

4.thumb.png.3d9c5080af112de604bc2716b32282b7.png

5.thumb.png.aba6d5a27620c13ef99cee581f62a7b7.png

6.thumb.png.2f492abe0cd495d5ddc37f39a6496f30.png

7.thumb.png.f7b07833c970505ebd14f868b02b7446.png

8.thumb.png.708e4197c557ebeb2e28d0e05ca76582.png

9.thumb.png.eca55164207b18f1256ef75972497dea.png

10.thumb.png.d2c465efcb4d410b0035c2679ac8927f.png

And here some videos recaping some of todays trades... hope it brings more light... cheers Walter.

Walter, awesome, awesome videos. The more charts and videos the clearer things get. Thanks for all the time you put into sharing this with us. Armand

Walter, awesome, awesome videos. The more charts and videos the clearer things get. Thanks for all the time you put into sharing this with us. Armand

Thanks Armand ¡¡ I am glad this is taking more shape... I am also being able to get a more clear view of this new context... so easy, once you get used to it... for example I am now looking the same charts on forex, and its so nice the amount of great trades this simple method gave... maybe I should post some of those forex charts as well, but dont know in wich thread jejeje :haha: ... will choose one thread to add this charts on forex... they also look really great...

Thanks Armand for encouragment ¡¡ hope you do a lot of money with this ¡¡ cheers Walter.

OK let me share on this thread the forex charts with our same tools..

on this case for the sake of simplicity (on the forex research) I am focusing only on the divergences from BOP and M`s (false breaks/ equal) patterns..

Timing with green/ black sweet darling vma`s ... just scalps here, shoot for some pips....

What I see, its a high rate of performance on this trades, if you shoot to make 10 pips per day... just with this simple stupid trade, you are in bussiness...

cheers Walter.

1.thumb.png.325038eecb586cb76fe7a736e06caa55.png

2.thumb.png.4a750437899d08a61865a6b3a6765360.png

3.thumb.png.4becf0cd1ac14fa0831d67782ce46d12.png

4.thumb.png.5ae4964343588e25b74a7932071f823f.png

5.thumb.png.f448f5bfb0d79da84d769538100cf41c.png

6.thumb.png.05c79f93c8570a27485c10f594c559f4.png

7.thumb.png.b487bec5d73ea3eeed164b24d1204112.png

8.thumb.png.0653c0f4b3354d9faaa163bd7bb45837.png

9.thumb.png.b7c25a41bdc87ddd74725d96d3523600.png

10.thumb.png.5ad741eb90f3328de3ce96a5db39fa95.png

Hi Walter.

As always, very useful videos, the third of the last 3 videos with premium: with psychology classes (I believe that one of the subjects most important for all trader).

I have a questions :doh::

I understood that you don't take trades on centripetal actions (on your real account). But the last posts make me think that you take it class of trades (centripetal). Am I right? Do you take trades on centripetal actions? If I had your experience, I would take them.

Thanks for the forex examples.

About EURJPY, it has normally a big spread, but I guess that its movements pay it kind of spread. I am talking about spreads around 3 pips.

But pairs like AUDUSD or USDJPY or EURUSD have spreads normally much more small. In real accounts which of them would you prefer? The one of spread smaller or the one of greater movement?

In forex, Do you better find to work with charts of 30 seconds in comparison of shorter timeframes? Or it depend of the pair?

Jeje, may be you wanted to avoid this class of forex questions :doh:, but well, it are on the air...

Thanks a lot, Walter. :thumbs up:

Agustín

G.B.Y.

About EURJPY, it has normally a big spread, but I guess that its movements pay it kind of spread. I am talking about spreads around 3 pips.

But pairs like AUDUSD or USDJPY or EURUSD have spreads normally much more small. In real accounts which of them would you prefer? The one of spread smaller or the one of greater movement?

In forex, Do you better find to work with charts of 30 seconds in comparison of shorter timeframes? Or it depend of the pair?

Cattus

Forgive me for butting in but Walter trades futures live and is moving into forex probably next year, so I will say what I can.

EURJPY 3 pip spread is good because it has greater movement, just as you say. Another issue that matters is the $/pip payout which is about $9/pip for a USD account trading in EY. $9 is normal. All up EURJPY is one of the best pairs in the majors. It also trends well when there is a good long trend that lasts a week or a month, not the cr*p we got yesterday in most of the pairs when they all went dead and choppy.

USDJPY is a weak mover because both those currencies are weak.

Big movers have one strong currency (GBP or EUR or AUD) and one weak currency (USD or JPY). Do not recommend USDJPY for trading, there are usually better options.

Despite EURUSD being a strong/weak pair, it tends to be a poor mover and too often works as a trap. I have rarely been able to get good results out of this pair, too much waiting for the trade to develop, then you get burned. I don't like EURUSD and I don't trade it, I think it is a trap pair.

GBPUSD is another good mover and popular with traders, ok spread etc.

It has times when it is not good trading and yesterday was an example where it behaves like EURUSD and goes nowhere for hours, trap day yeasterday, but other days choose between GBPUSD, EURJPY and AUDUSD for reliable friendly signs and watch for mischief developing in any of these pairs because it tends to spread slowly though all the pairs.

I used to trade GBYJPY because it is the most difficult to trade, high pip margin, most jerky rubbish, most deceptive but when it does move big and reliably it is also the biggest mover of the lot and a high $/pip. Highest risk highest reward. Don't live trade that sucker until you have done a few months of demo trading in it first, it does the biggest burns.

AUDUSD has medium $/pip, good pip margin and it has been friendlier than most majors to trade but it seems to be slowly becoming more hostile, or it seems that way to me. AUD will perform best when USD is weakening, I think yesterday USD had a strong day and GBP had a weak day and that made trading in most pairs bad news.

I did more than 20 scalps in EURUSD yesterday before London Open but then it turned choppy like the rest of the pairs and I blew a quarter of the profit before I had the sense to quit. So it ended up about 60 pips for the day but it had been up to 80 pips at around 15 trades.

Trading gets a lot easier when there is a good long trend, more choices.

I spent a month demo trading all 10 major pairs and making a profit on all of them for the month but it was a silly exercise. It did teach me that the best pairs are usually the ones mentioned above, both for trend following and for scalping. That was done during a month long rise, good trading conditions. Usually forex spends most the year trending upwards but this year is not a strong year.

I am still fond of the high risk high reward thing going on in GBPJPY but in the uncertain markets these days, the risks are higher than the rewards, the payout does not seem to be there when the markets are not strong.

So AUDUSD, EURJPY and GBPUSD are the best places to look for good trading action and in my opinion AUDUSD can be good easy trading, but it all depends on the day.

It is most important to get a sense of when markets are worth trading and when they have to be ignored. Knowing when to stay out, thats your best friend. Scalping seems the best option to me these days, I have not attempted a week long trade since mid year and scalping gives you a much friendlier lifestyle than trying to stay awake for a week :o

Cheers

Bruce

Cattus

I found the record for the marathon session I did back in June 2007.

There are about 300 trades in the 10 major pairs.

There are 14 pix and about 3M of upload so I will probably delete them in a few days, partly for the storage and partly because newbies have an 80% failure rate at trading and I doubt the suitablity of the material for newbies.

It was my crazy way of evalualing the majors for trend trading and for scalping. If you have the time to work thru the information it should help answer your question about which pairs trade best.

More in the next post.