Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trader273

Crude Oil Candlestick Analysis

Update on CL long:

Took 2/3 of at $84, for a profit of $4.46/ct ( that comes out to $4,460/ct)

Still letting 1/3 ride in case this thing really takes off. Current stop on that is just below the $84 level. Heating Oil and Natural gas are all producing good profits as well. Yet people still say candles do not work, I hope I can show people here that simple techniques can and are effective. No need for extravagant indicators, or POS vendors that try to sell there uber-secret, yet uber-amazing system that promises you market dominance for a mere $6k. Common sense should prevail, but it is usually the greed that prevails, till reality sets in. Oh well, hope this is helping someone out there.

2guyssm.jpg

A bit off topic, i read NihabaAshi's hammer's revisited thread on ET and he doesn't look a volume either. Mostly using price action and WRBs, fascinating stuff, but it surely needs a lot experience to make it work.

Cool. I've got ways that volume really works in my crazy brain, so I definitely put it to use. Love seeing these threads tho. But damn, those contracts trade pretty rich per tick, don't they :)

I was watching the 78-79 area as a support level, and it held nicely. What prompted you to buy 2 months ago?

Actually more like 3 months ago because of the Inverse Head and Shoulder and some Fibonacci calculations. I bought the ETF(USO) which is basically consist of unleverage futures positions. I bought it for my long-term portfolio which explains why I have held it so long. Had I bought the futures, I probably would have liquidated in a couple of hours .:o

I was going to say that is a helluva long time to be holding some crude oil contracts.

I could hold that long, but it would seriously disturb my sleeping pattern.

I could hold that long, but it would seriously disturb my sleeping pattern.

That's my issue with holding overnights OAC too. For whatever reasons, overnight 'exposure' rattles my system. Probably b/c I haven't held overnight in so long!

That's my issue with holding overnights OAC too. For whatever reasons, overnight 'exposure' rattles my system. Probably b/c I haven't held overnight in so long!

Browsfan:

Weren't you a Series 7 Registered Representative ? Didn't you have many sleepless nights worrying about your client's portfolio ?:D

Browsfan:

Weren't you a Series 7 Registered Representative ? Didn't you have many sleepless nights worrying about your client's portfolio ?:D

You remember that OAC do you? ;)

Honestly, nope. :roll eyes:

I did what I was taught - sell managed money and let the managers worry about the rest. My job was to sell. And I did.

It was a different life for me back then... :)

Moving the stop on the remaining 1/3. Moving it to 84.89, Just below the psychological level and round number of 85. Didn't like how today's candle ended. Long-Legged Doji, aka "Rickshaw Man". Shows the market is finding some sort of balance. I don't like balanced markets. Expecting a sell off coming, hopefully to the 82.50 level and I'll look for another buy. Till then we shall see what comes of the remaining 1/3 I got long still.