Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ant

Potential Afternoon ES Action - 8/29/07

Here's my take for the afternoon action in the ES... The ES gapped up this morning and never challenged yesterday's low (or yesterday's spike low). The ES has traded from yesterday's POC to yesterday's VAL on low volume. So I think the market will trade up this afternoon and we should see 1462 (yesterday's VAH and HOD). Unless something changes, such as higher volume on a down move, I will look to get long around 1447. I'm just bored so I figured I'll put my analysis on the line here. We'll see what happens...

ES.GIF.f687eadd38c214c151dd26dfbb5e2f53.GIF

ES Target Hit at 1462. A few comments about the trade (see first chart)...

• Blindly fading the POC would have probably resulted in a losing trade.
  • Volume would have kept you in the trade. As long as retracements/pauses occurr on lower volume, one should stay with the long trade.
  • Price pauses around high volume areas (e.g., POC) and gives a trader time to make a trade decision (stay in, add to position, exit trade, etc).

I also noticed that today's trading was following a mirror image of yesterday's trading. Check out the second chart.

ES.GIF.b273d2a4b4884155fd888fddea6ee8b5.GIF

ES2.thumb.GIF.f4112f17f90cb85b9cd7aa10644db25e.GIF

One of my favorite set-ups from LBR library is the 15-minute 'First Cross Buy' --- which uses the 3/10/16 SMA oscillator and lines up nicely with the market profile analysis ant provided (higher low and low volume correction towards VWAP)...

nice job Ant

5aa70df84fac8_15-MinFirstCrossBuy.thumb.png.e75186c42274d6d227584192cfdd5679.png

That was great stuff ,love the MP levels. I was intruduced to MP on this site and loved the indicatores you provided in the past. Are you going to make something similar avialable for sale? If not I am curious why you had them have a time limit. Its not that Im not willing to pay for softwear, I just liked yours the best. Did your profit margin decrease after making MP Plus availiable? Just hoping you could give a little insight.