Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hello,

I have been reading this post for a while now. Just started with WW. I actually called Mr. Wolfe and asked if he were willing to provide 3 charts looking into the future to see a real-time performance metric before shelling out the money (This way there is a better chance to determine if it works). His website shows charts of past (hindsight) charts and their success. Looks like he didn't want to. I have been plotting the WW manually but would like to know your methodology. What determinants do you use for the pitchfork. i.e. what points do you use?

Sorry for the low humility on the last post, I was having a good day..

Thanks Suri,

I especially like the momentum on the move from pt. 4 to pt. 5.

Also, if you zoom out you see that pt #1 is at the 50% level of the total down move. I've noticed that's important.

Look how the 1 - 4 line is touched 3 times on both side, on the far side just perfectly..

That's a nice one. This market is not a mean reverting market, meaning, it trends hard on the daily charts - will stay overbought/sold for a while.

The trick would be finding a low risk entry, which you'd have to try for on the intraday charts..

Nice chart Suri - thanks.

Hello,

I've been interested in this pattern as well. I've posted a 60 minute chart of the ES. Someone posted one of the ES a few days back, so I'm assuming the large pattern is the same one that was posted a few days ago only on a 60 minute time frame. There is another pattern that seems to be forming on the lower right corner (blown up). I was wondering if what Im seeing is accurate. Thanks.

David

es_wolf.jpg.6269b8da572c677cd259e1a01fa5ff24.jpg

Hi David,

Thanks for your post...

Recently, I have been seeing many WW patterns intraday and hence

started doing research. I have also seen many examples elsewhere of WWs as part of Falling/Rising Wedges/Pennants/Symmetric Triangles and Megaphones etc. But my view of WWs is little different than including in other patterns. The other patterns also have different rules to trade than WW.

I am going to continue my research but currently want to focus on WWs with a distinct starting point (1). In my view this point (1) should be a Key Swing Low/Swing High in the market structure and also have connecting lines converging at (1). WW should form after identification of 1,2,3,4 points. Then the typical ranges, barcounts etc should be checked for qualifying WWs...

Will try to build my rule set for WW's to trade then planning to write Auto-WW identification in TS.

I'll attempt to post my results here.

Regards,

Suri

Hi David,

You are correct, the larger pattern is and was the pattern we were discussing / trading.

The one you noted is not a correct WW pattern.

Go back and study the pattern to get it right, and just keep looking at charts.

For a bearish pattern, the pt #3 and #5 should be above pt #1.

Feel free to post any chart you aren't sure about and we can discuss..

Hi David,

Thanks for your post...

Recently, I have been seeing many WW patterns intraday and hence

started doing research. I have also seen many examples elsewhere of WWs as part of Falling/Rising Wedges/Pennants/Symmetric Triangles and Megaphones etc. But my view of WWs is little different than including in other patterns. The other patterns also have different rules to trade than WW.

I am going to continue my research but currently want to focus on WWs with a distinct starting point (1). In my view this point (1) should be a Key Swing Low/Swing High in the market structure and also have connecting lines converging at (1). WW should form after identification of 1,2,3,4 points. Then the typical ranges, barcounts etc should be checked for qualifying WWs...

Will try to build my rule set for WW's to trade then planning to write Auto-WW identification in TS.

I'll attempt to post my results here.

Regards,

Suri

Hello Suri,

What are you using to confirm the wolfe waves. From reading the website, it seems that a wedge isn't mandatory for a valid pattern (ETA). From looking at different examples, it seems that it sometimes gets subjective. How do you confirm the first wave (time frame?, bars?, etc). Is there a max number of bars that you use to confirm the subsequent waves (2, 3, 4 etc).

One example I bring up is that when I track a particular stock, I see a different pattern (bearish vs. bullish) when I look at daily, weekly and 5 min charts. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Hi perfectzero,

Thanks for your post...

I am in research mode for WWs' and trying to understand certain concepts.

I'll attempt to post my results soon.

WW rules seems to be subjective to an extent, but if you build specific rules to detect specific WW-type(s), you may have better success. Most patterns you have to do solid research with your time-frames, instruments to make them your own trading-ideas. Obviously, it does take time, effort and strong will.

Looking at your question, could you pl. post a chart??

Regards,

Suri

Hello Suri,

What are you using to confirm the wolfe waves. From reading the website, it seems that a wedge isn't mandatory for a valid pattern (ETA). From looking at different examples, it seems that it sometimes gets subjective. How do you confirm the first wave (time frame?, bars?, etc). Is there a max number of bars that you use to confirm the subsequent waves (2, 3, 4 etc).

One example I bring up is that when I track a particular stock, I see a different pattern (bearish vs. bullish) when I look at daily, weekly and 5 min charts. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Suri,

Thanks for the reply. I copied a couple of charts. They have changed now but I have having trouble attaching them. Tried using both internet explorer and firefox. I'll look into why it won't let me attach and repost.

Thanks

Hi,

found this thread yesterday and today I've searched and painted my first WW's in my Charts. Here is an german FDax Chart. Would love to hear your opinion and tipps what I can do better. Also I would like to hear how you handle your WW patterns in 5-10 minute Charts. Do you only trade the first WW pattern that forms or do you "rebuilt" it later in the trading day etc.

When does a WW pattern fails? Is an breakout a reason to re-built the WW setup? Questions over questions - thank you very much for your help!

(Added a second screenshot of the ES. Let me know what you think about this one as well.)

WW_FDAX.thumb.png.e31c5c16ecacb8f40dadc7ae9c7c939d.png

ES_WW.thumb.png.3cbf172ee4a4e9a8d841e23c0ea87ae0.png

Edited by Mel_Function
New screen upload.

Hi Mel_Function,

Thanks for your posts...

I am still in research mode for WWs.

From my knowledge, WWs are drawn from Major SwingHigh/SwingLows.

For me, critical points are (1) and (2) in that order... Few other authors mentioned (2) being important and pretty much trivialized (1).

Anyway, looking at your first chart FDAX, I am not sure if you are picking the SH/SLs or drawing trendlines from other pivots for convergence.

In your Second chart, an important point to note is, for the leg 2-3, the lowest point is considered a SL.... Here it is 16.15 bar. Also, the ES5m chart is a Buysetup. In my view, you only plot WWs after 1-4 are identified. Buy Only occurs at (5).

As I quoted before, I am still in research mode for WWs and may limit WWs with the Major SH/SLs only for now.

Regards,

Suri

Hi,

found this thread yesterday and today I've searched and painted my first WW's in my Charts. Here is an german FDax Chart. Would love to hear your opinion and tipps what I can do better. Also I would like to hear how you handle your WW patterns in 5-10 minute Charts. Do you only trade the first WW pattern that forms or do you "rebuilt" it later in the trading day etc.

When does a WW pattern fails? Is an breakout a reason to re-built the WW setup? Questions over questions - thank you very much for your help!

(Added a second screenshot of the ES. Let me know what you think about this one as well.)

Cool Suri.. thank you for posting.

(i actually have your book on chart patterns :thumbs up: )

here's a couple more charts of the same price action. i like the way the

bottom one looks. lots of trendline bounces.. we'll be watching :)

3200v_30minNQ.thumb.png.7df2b6896c6ee94364d51e39e61ee52c.png

If I remember correctly, I think Bill Wolf uses volume and $TICKI to identify the turning point. I also find Stendahl's Value Chart useful for this type of entry

results

:roll eyes:

OAC, does my value indicator appear close?

thx

It looks close enough. Anyway it is just a guideline to detect exaustion like $TIKI and volume spikes. For trigger, you may want to zoom in on a lower timeframe, in the case of your 30 min chart, you may want to look for other patterns or candle formations on the 5 min or 10 min charts.

I am still in research mode to identify the pattern (this may take a while) before building trading rules etc.

First @ES.D 30m chart, I thought I found one, but I realized this may not be a WolfWave. (Reason: Fails the rule SwingHigh4 < SwingHigh2).

Second @ES.D 30m, this may be Wolfwave. (I am not quite sure about SwingHigh1). Plotted the ABC Bearish setup with Projections.

Let's Watch and see if it works.

Regards,

Suri

NOT_WW_ES1.gif.28bcba66c4926b4216e67af74271a442.gif

WW_Feb0509.gif.30f7f3507816003850519fbe5a2c7a9b.gif

noticed this pattern when i got home this evening. i haven't seen 1 of these on the daily before. anyone considering buying this low? i don't know about this 1

:confused:

(not that i KNOW about any of them of course)

ES_Daily.png.1bc385cfb51c5d6c0d340aeb62703426.png