Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Last one worked PERFECTLY. Lots of these showing up recently....

And here's another one....

That's SPY on a half hour chart , sort of an ugly format - sorry...

5aa70efa1a90b_ScreenHunter_01Jul_0810_16.thumb.gif.e2ea7ef7eb400ae932f054aed4db3f39.gif

Edited by waveslider
symbol info

All I can say is, wow - -that is one of the nicest ones I have ever seen.

This one is perfect because it fails above the range (marked with horiz. white lines) and below the range.

#2 point gave people plenty of time to get long.

#4 to #5 was steep and dramatic, beginning with a gap and hardly looking back.

5aa70f0021233_ScreenHunter_01Jul_1613_11.thumb.jpg.3ad3a5ea6fd7880719c68d662760bf93.jpg

Here we go again -

Ever since the market has made this steep move up with no pullbacks, I have been suspicious. Direct sustained moves through resistance are usually a run on stops engineered to create fear. This move has fear written all over it.

Fear is what creates a perfect 4-5 move in a wolfe wave, so here we go.

Daily charts of $spx.x and FDX.

The S&P point #1 starts at the 50% level of a range.

The other chart I have here is for Fedex, what is interesting is that it has the same WW pattern, but if you run an Andrews pitchfork on the pattern, the centerline runs perfectly with the WW line. I shorted a little today.

5aa70f0aa9460_ScreenHunter_03Jul_3019_39.thumb.gif.70eef9036dc520fcc1561c77f37d8310.gif

5aa70f0ab55b8_ScreenHunter_02Jul_3019_28.thumb.jpg.37616da36aaac084341e015f44fa1754.jpg

Suri,

I agree with your broadening top situation.

If you look at the chart I posted, the #1 point is further back.

So point 4 is slightly below point #1.

Having a hard time believing in the rally, internals and volume have just been horrible, so that leaves just short covering powering this one.

The only standout is the nasdaq, which is powering along well.

I am bit puzzled... I thought I posted this chart in the morning

along with my previous post and now I do not see :(

Anyway, Here is the Broadening Pattern targets if it materializes.

Broadening Patterns are rare but reliable.

Some exhaustion rally may still push SPX a bit higher.

Regards,

Suri

attachment.php?attachmentid=12635&stc=1&d=1249258338

Broadening_Flat_SPX2.gif.875af637f0a41f1463887c3201e70088.gif

traderdan,

Compare the first and second charts you posted. The second one was just about perfect, but the first one wasn't 100% Wolfe-like, so to speak. Note that pivot 1 in the second chart was right in the middle of the range, and that pivot 2 dipped to new lows, scaring the pants off retail traders (that's what pivot 2 is spoze to do). The first chart lacked those salient features. It still might work out, of course. Just thought I'd point out those details for everyone's edification.

Tasuki

I see what you're saying. The first one didn't work out in this case.

traderdan,

Compare the first and second charts you posted. The second one was just about perfect, but the first one wasn't 100% Wolfe-like, so to speak. Note that pivot 1 in the second chart was right in the middle of the range, and that pivot 2 dipped to new lows, scaring the pants off retail traders (that's what pivot 2 is spoze to do). The first chart lacked those salient features. It still might work out, of course. Just thought I'd point out those details for everyone's edification.

Tasuki

is it a valid wolfe wave pattern?

Simple answer: No. this is a rolling chop, not a Wolfe Wave. Look at previous examples and read my psychological description in earlier posts of this thread to understand the WW.

Tasuki

Edited by Tasuki

I am also studying Wolfe Wave. From what has just recently been explained to me, points 1-3 and points 2-4 must converge to be a valid Wolfe Wave pattern. I have not seen those converging elements in most of the charts posted on this thread. Waveslider, Suri....thoughts?

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16870&stc=1&d=1261883188

5aa70f8a50642_wolfewaveuj.thumb.gif.eb089ba68c84cdba3c2d588d766c82fb.gif

You are correct that the pattern should converge. Also, the lesson I have learned that is most valuable is that volatility should be high, and the move to point five should be a very fast move.

The chart you posted (don't know what to call you with that user name!) seems to be grinding higher, I doubt it's a WW, though your point one and two look excellent.

Thank you Waveslider. I came across a site called TheHarmonicTrader...I downloaded his free PDF and was wondering if you had seen his work. Think I will check out Suri's book also.. I am not constantly profitable yet due to MM and RR skills. I like the idea of these patterns (not wolfe wave) being formed by the FIB ratios. Thanks again for you input.

Don't worry about the Hesychast thing....you can call me Ron. Peace be unto you.

Guest Tresor
I am not constantly profitable yet due to MM and RR skills.

What is MM and RR? By the way there is no safer way to pick tops and bottoms than Wolfe. And by the way not all Wolfes must have converging lines to be valid. 100% of my trades are Wolfes with 1/4 having diverging lines. Just my 2 cents.

Study Wolfe and nothing else. My today's trade enclosed. Moderate $734 per lot during a two hour morning trade. There are about 10 - 12 such trades during week.

Regards

WW1.thumb.png.71abd015195b4a68ddab11d1bfabd26e.png