Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Could someone please enlighten me as to the Wolfe Wave numbering for the pivots on the previous charts? That trade may have worked out, but it sure doesn't look like any Wolfe Wave we've discussed in this thread previously.

Taz

Guest Tresor
Hi Tresor

i think orange pattern was too small(imho).

Size does matter in bed. Not in Wolfe trading.;)

Edited by Tresor

Guest Tresor
Could someone please enlighten me as to the Wolfe Wave numbering for the pivots on the previous charts?

Not sure what you mean by ''pivots''. If they mean points (1,2,3,4,5) then they were counted correctly.

That trade may have worked out, but it sure doesn't look like any Wolfe Wave we've discussed in this thread previously.

Taz

I glimpsed at the pictures in this thread. What you guys discussed previously was not Wolfe. 99% of the charts were wrong. I would have traded maybe 2 - 4 pictures that had been posted so far.

Not sure what you mean by ''pivots''. If they mean points (1,2,3,4,5) then they were counted correctly.

I glimpsed at the pictures in this thread. What you guys discussed previously was not Wolfe. 99% of the charts were wrong. I would have traded maybe 2 - 4 pictures that had been posted so far.

Tresor, respectfully, if you don't know what pivots are, how would you know what a Wolfe Wave is? I don't want to degrade the disussion into an argument, so we can agree to disagree, but I'm not convinced that you are correct. Wolfe Waves work because they reflect the psychology of traders, as I have stated in earlier posts, and the characteristics of Wolfe Waves that mark that psychology do not appear to be present in your charts--but I could be wrong--it would really help if you would annotate your charts with the WW numbering system (for the record, the numbers refer to pivot points).

Regards,

Tasuki

Guest Tresor
Tresor, respectfully, if you don't know what pivots are, how would you know what a Wolfe Wave is?

I wasn't sure what you meant by pivots. My first EA coded my Mr Clyde Lee was based on pivots.

I don't want to degrade the disussion into an argument, so we can agree to disagree, but I'm not convinced that you are correct. Wolfe Waves work because they reflect the psychology of traders, as I have stated in earlier posts, and the characteristics of Wolfe Waves that mark that psychology do not appear to be present in your charts--but I could be wrong--it would really help if you would annotate your charts with the WW numbering system (for the record, the numbers refer to pivot points).

Regards,

Tasuki

The discoverer of Wolfe wrote on his website that he had never seen a properly drawn / identified Wolfe Wave on any website. And I agree with him. Till now. I posted a few charts with properly identified and properly traded Wolfes.

You can now e-mail him a link to this forum and request that his claim is removed from his website.

Regarding the psychology of traders you raised (still not sure what you mean by this). You can assess the psychological aspect reviewing (i) the price action and (ii) the volume histogram (which I purposefully did not placed in my screenshots).

I can clearly see the psychology of traders in my charts. But again the type of psychology that I look for in a Wolfe and the type of psychology that I may consider essential for a good trade may differ from the psychology you are looking for / you see.

Regards

Guest Tresor
Do you have Wolfes original material Tresor?

No, I don't. And hopefully for Wolfe traders and unfortunately for non-Wolfe traders these will never get published :embarassed:

Reason I asked was how you know you have the right 'official' interpretation? :) Not that it matters if it works for you. I guess your take is pretty much the same as WaveSliders? I also guess that many people have based there understanding on Street Smarts and there might be an 'error' in that, though I am inclined to think there is no secret sauce as Wolfe intimates. More likely that he is trying to justify the $3k or whatever the course is/was.

Guest Tresor
Reason I asked was how you know you have the right 'official' interpretation? :)

I interacted with a Wolfe master for some time some time ago. You can tell that you have the official interpretation when 100% of your trades hit EPA. Mine success rate is only 80%, which means I still do not have all the answers. But it is enough to tell a Wolfe from a non-Wolfe.

More likely that he is trying to justify the $3k or whatever the course is/was.

Frankly, $3k is a good price. If any of you ever take his course, let me know. I will then like to purchase the materials from you.

Guest Tresor
Epa?

Estimated point of arrival, i.e. line 1 - 4.

Figured it was something like that, thanks.

So the guy was hitting that 100% of trades, O' Rlly? Bset trader in the history of the world ever then :D Or 100% of the trades that didn't get stopped in which case he let trades go to target or go to stop which is certainly valid management.

Guest Tresor
So the guy was hitting that 100% of trades, O' Rlly?

This is what Wolfe is all about.

Bset trader in the history of the world ever then.

He would say he is only a modest student of markets.

This is what Wolfe is all about.

He would say he is only a modest student of markets.

So he never has had loser? Ever? Wow must be great to use 500:1 leverage on every trade with no fear of loss. He might say he is only a modest student of the market, though I wonder why he would feel the need for modesty having reached absolute perfection? I guess at some stage soon he will turn into a ball of radiant light and 'ascend'. As you might tell I am sceptical of anyone that claims 100% profitable trades. I might have to spend that 3k pretty small price for immortality :D

Hope you will forgive my scepticism and sarcasm Tresor I still enjoy your posts and charts :) Seriously I am not saying absolute perfection in trading is impossible just that it would need almost divine powers to achieve. Of course if he has made 5 trades in the last 7 years or something then it is just a statistical wrinkle.

Guest Tresor
Hope you will forgive my scepticism and sarcasm.

Scepticism wellcome. Sarcasm forgiven ;)

Guest Tresor
Wolfe :crap::crap:

eminisp500

You should use only bar charts or candlesticks, otherwise you will not see the precise tops and bottoms. And no other indicator than volume.

Guest Tresor

Here is something that I do not trade yet. But am thinking of trading. I also post this Wolfe in a rotated version so that you could get the idea of it.

So far all such Wolfes that I observed would have been a success if traded.

5aa70fa3008f3_advancedWolfe.thumb.png.bedd6fab39fb6bff4b24914bfb2b3b2b.png

5aa70fa306280_rotatedadvancedWolfe.thumb.jpg.f40dfbace7a45558fb1a7ab962db3cdc.jpg

how about posting some live examples instead of just hind sight. Should be easy enough for you to find one we can all watch play out.

PS I think you should call your pattern something else since it is not a WW as Wolfe himself taught.

Guest Tresor
how about posting some live examples instead of just hind sight. Should be easy enough for you to find one we can all watch play out.

PS I think you should call your pattern something else since it is not a WW as Wolfe himself taught.

As I mentioned, I am not trading this pattern yet. Only thinking of trading it.

Waveslider pointed something out to me that I am inclined to agree with. There is a real issue with point 1. Even Wolfes charts have inconsistencies. Well perhaps not inconsistencies but enough alternate ways of placing them to make consistency in application difficult. I loked for an example and here is the first chart that I came across on Wolfes site, I can see how he has constructed it but there appear to be 3 or 4 (or even more) methods that he uses that result in different 1 points with quite different 1-4 projections. I guess the thing is to always use the most conservative (which is recommended anyway).

chart.jpg.17cdf64ad1f033e082a87d2fa1c0a144.jpg

Guest Tresor
Waveslider pointed something out to me that I am inclined to agree with. There is a real issue with point 1. Even Wolfes charts have inconsistencies. Well perhaps not inconsistencies but enough alternate ways of placing them to make consistency in application difficult.

To determine point 1 one has to train one's eye. Wolfe charts are very consistient; the problem is that a person with untrained eye and without knowledge of what to look for in later waves (between points) will not know how to properly determine point 1. Point one can even be an imaginary one placed in a weekend gap or without easily noticeable anchorage. I hoped to show you such a Wolfe in trade but have not seen such a Wolfe for the last few days.

Will try to post it in a few weeks after I am back from my vacations :)

In the meantime have such Wolfe from the Wolfe website.

Point1.gif.e94a3731502617f6bf738dba5a98d19c.gif

To determine point 1 one has to train one's eye. Wolfe charts are very consistient; the problem is that a person with untrained eye and without knowledge of what to look for in later waves (between points) will not know how to properly determine point 1. Point one can even be an imaginary one placed in a weekend gap or without easily noticeable anchorage. I hoped to show you such a Wolfe in trade but have not seen such a Wolfe for the last few days.

Will try to post it in a few weeks after I am back from my vacations :)

In the meantime have such Wolfe from the Wolfe website.

We have a different definition of consistent, to me 4 or more completely different ways of doing things is not my definition of 'consistent'. Particularly when the last one is some 'imaginary place'. For example the chart I posted why use that point 1 rather than one of the alternate methods? The sceptics would say is because it's easy to pick point 1 once you are at the target!!

I have spoken to a couple of guys that have the course and the problem is that the examples (including the faxes) are pretty much always hindsight with little 'hard right edge' informaion of how and why to place point 1's

Enjoy your break Tresor, look forward to seeing some charts when you return. It will be good to discuss the hows and whys of point 1 placement (preferably before we are at point 5!!!) There where some at the start of the thread I am sure :)

Guest Tresor
We have a different definition of consistent, to me 4 or more completely different ways of doing things is not my definition of 'consistent'. Particularly when the last one is some 'imaginary place'. For example the chart I posted why use that point 1 rather than one of the alternate methods? The sceptics would say is because it's easy to pick point 1 once you are at the target!!

BlowFish, you never define point 1 before point 4 is hit. I enclose a screenshot of GBPJPY with almost perfect Wolfe with imaginary point 1. The reason I did not take this trade is because I did not like the volume histogram that I observed from imaginary point 1 to point 4 and later. Had he volume been correct I would have traded this one.

I have spoken to a couple of guys that have the course and the problem is that the examples (including the faxes) are pretty much always hindsight with little 'hard right edge' informaion of how and why to place point 1's

I have no idea what the course looks like. My rules for defining point 1 are very consistient. I am posting two pages of my recent trades (sorted in order of closed positions) so that you could see that trading Wolfe can be consitiently profitable, if traded correcty. And you can make many trades during one day. This is a profit statement of my cousin's account who funded his account a few days ago. Since then I traded his account for the purpose of learning young rascal how to trade :D Details are of course hidden.

Enjoy your break Tresor

Got a new board to test :cool:BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.

GBPJPY.thumb.png.bb71209ec8e42a0cea42957a976dcdd4.png

5aa70fa4415a4_PLAa.png.ad6cd3c2c007a53067f3e14bc696ca4c.png

5aa70fa445888_PLAb.png.7e79190f65f99f02d4c836121a138b1b.png