Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s First Forex Research (various ideas)

Walter

Nice find on the Sunday range.

Here I post an example of a flip that took place this morning, works out well for 20+ pips. Only trouble is that it took place at 6am this morning.

What I was wondering was, how long do you think the sunday range would be valid for and / or would this idea not be a scalping one, more of a breakout swing one?

Cheers

Blu-Ray

sundayrange.thumb.png.5d5a3d9f72feac281fdd69acf592cbcb.png

Hi BluRay, this Sunday range has given me an inspiration of what are the advantages of small ranges...

On the other side you can see how you can trade out of ranges with our variety of FHR setups... Including "flip"..

so from there on I am on the search for a small range previous to every session, I will post soon on the topic... but as you can see we are trying to combine all our methods together, FHR + flip + icon + small range, etc... to come up with something cool.... cheers Walter.

Todays Holiday I did meditate in forex... some ideas of very simple stuff (nothing new) have been arround... some kind of average reject type thing that would look similar to an icon type thing... something for a very easy reading... I dont know, I want something easy... complexity its not the way here, it doesnt guarantee nothing...

I found an average (Black) that could be the one to be crossed and rejected... notice the red ribbon how it crosses the black average then pulls back to it without crossing it again... oscillators could give timing here... something to meditate in... cheers Walter.

5aa70de5c8de6_AverageRejectTrade.thumb.png.210293cfdec5d50cdaafe7afe11e560e.png

Ok... I had been doing some research on some other forex forums... there are very nice things out there, others just not that good....

One thing I notice is that some threads get started very good and suddenly the creator disappears and the rest of the people just do something completely diferent, in other cases the same creator drops his method and changes to a diferent one... I dont know why they just dont open a new thread... well so far in terms of forex I did open this "idea" thread wich is conceived to be a poupurry of ideas... so I think here its the proper place to bring things that will not necesarilly will keep going on... FHR has been the first forex thread with one clear topic so far coming out from here... I think FHR could have some future,(still on beta, we will see) any way I would like to introduce now a new idea here for forex wich has some hibrids from other forums combined with my typical way of looking at things...

This one can be nice for the "day traders" its not so scalping type... I will use a 15 min and a 5 min chart... ¡¡ chatterbox:p I think it can give a little more room to make more pips...(probably thats one of the things I am still not convinced about the 1 min timeframe in FHR`s ) some times it can be a small range trap where you can hardly get even with your costs... so this is an easy one...

Lets call it: The "Pivot Reject" Trade if this takes some color we will eventually open a thread about it...

Now we have this pivot line (red) its fixed during the entire day, it belongs to yesterdays data... and this other magenta line wich is some kind of average... we basicly are above or below this pivot... if above we are thinking in longs, if below, we are thinking in shorts... very simple...

Now... we will be looking to have a move towards this pivot... if we are above, going down to the pivot, if we are below, going up to the pivot... then REJECTION, bounce of this pivot... doesnt need to test it but the near we get to it the better...

And like always ( for me the best and simplier) CCI will do the timing for us on the "very specific timing" at 5 min...

I attach some charts to show this... later I explain this better... cheers Walter.

Pd: I still dont have exits decided... this is a first argumental idea...

5aa70de5eeecd_Pivotreject1.thumb.png.b9488c8de2a195f990b2171c928840f2.png

5aa70de6102e1_PivotReject2.thumb.png.a378ef45687b6463a6aa805c5f8250dd.png

5aa70de618dd1_Pivotreject3.thumb.png.19c0ca6b64836ffdf5ec447049f0885a.png

5aa70de61de67_pivot1.thumb.png.71c56e7a21ff74b5903a482c9df6a77d.png

5aa70de62301b_pivot2.thumb.png.d2ec00efc52bff521bfb4f9ff594fd6e.png

Ok.. I still keep bringing ideas to my forex aproach... I know nothing its new here, just about all methods had been discovered and developed at this time so this is more of adapting some pre-existing method to my personal needs...

If I have to make a grand clasification of methods I have to talk about trend or counter trend methods... on the other hand momentum vs cyclical methods... is any method better than the other ?... dont think so, I believe both types of aproaches have same potential...

now I believe we as humans have certain propension to certain type of "models" on diferent areas of life... some people are very social others dont like to hang out... some eat a lot others are frugal... some people like to use beard others they shave every day... so the same happens with trading, there is no clear explanation (technical) exactly why some traders like to be trendwise and others counter... as some like to trade in the storm of momentum while others love to trade on quiet waters...

so here comes my point and I think the word "confort" aplies very well to this issue... where are you confortable ? what method makes you feel confortable... there are great techniques, but maybe you dont feel confortable with them.. and some times a technique thats not a super technique you do fell confortable with it, now thats what I call an edge there... some times the edge comes from the confort more than from the technique itself...

So in trading its technique + confort in perfect equilibrium...

So far I keep adding ideas here on the pursuit of technique + confort... cheers Walter.

Walter,

good thread ideas. I am going to be following along!

Also, on another thread you mentioned me sharing some of my ideas, and I recently started a thread to do just that. Longer term methods.

Its this guy crazy ? maybe yes... my wife thought I was crazy with my expectations on the futures markets some years ago... today she has a complete diferent concept of me: She still thinks I am crazy but with clear tangible results... so with this same insane thinking I will aproach forex trading... (want to join the challenge ? I already welcome you )

Classic. :D

Has anyone idea here if the forex techniques have been changed since the crisis hit the market again with it’s bankruptcy and losing job effects. I was in a forex trading firm but after market crash down with big point my forex techniques couldn’t help me in saving my money. I want to know if you guys working on some new forex techniques which can give good impact in the market rates.