Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s First Forex Research (various ideas)

Ok walter,watching the usdjpy I finally felt it would be a good time to enter the trade (DEMO). stops would be in place at 123.70.See what happens!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1811&stc=1&d=1182369756

usdjpy.thumb.gif.18689f2f12d677b3122a4c238a441864.gif

Ok I guess this could be a good place to scale out half and let the other half run. And maybe move the rest of the position up to break even. Dont know we havent really discussed much on exits.(There is many posiblities)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1812&stc=1&d=1182372782

usdjpy1.thumb.gif.e48e630456507ba9cbd5fbafb77877a4.gif

Wow Don, very good stuff man ¡¡ I see you are really getting good on this, that doji on red big hull was superb ¡¡ keep up Don, we will make it to Tokio ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Whats the time frame on your short Hull Don? The price seems to obey the trend line very well bouncing off it But I'm curious as to why you would go short there. On that chart those 2 four hour trend lines are showing an upward pattern and both hulls look to be bullish especially the longer term Hull. Wouldnt you wait first to see how price behaves once it reaches the upper trend line?

Hi Don, would this be the setup ? cheers Walter.

Hey walter yea thats what i was thinking depending on the retest of the 4hour and 1 hour trend lines. Nick yea i was only speaking of RR on taking the trade,your right the hulls do not match on taking a short so i would wait till the hulls was in line for a better set up.

Ok the hulls are starting to line up after some rejection to the trendlines.What i would like to see is more of a drop in price and retest of the large hull I believe that would be a good time to short.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1835&stc=1&d=1182436357

gbpusd.thumb.gif.dbda7b9bf18661be7e1bd760415ebe73.gif

Ok walter so far we have the New Breed Flip,The Icon,The Icon w/Trend line.So whats your thoughts so far anything with potential!

Yes Don I am about to post a new Idea here... the name could be : The "New Trend" trade... I will post in some minutes... cheers Walter.

Ok, so now let me present this new idea here... I know many people on this forum are not enthusiastic about indicators, and dont believe in indicatorism... well I dont believe also in indicators by them self as the concept of the trade and using a nice indicator to show that...

Now Indicators make me think of electricity... some 200 years ago people used oil lamps at night, today we have electricity and have light bulbs... Now both use "light".... but there is a clear diference on this light... so may happen with some distinguished indicators that bring the same light but in a diferent more easy brighter presentation...

I came across an indicator at the mt4 forex tsd forums, it was created by a lady called Nina, looks like she is from Spain... the use she gives to the indicator its very diferent to what I will present here... its a sort of step ma.. that works like an oscilator between the range of 0 to 1... now it has a very fancy signal line wich the crosses of that signal are marked with arrows... eventually if I get to program mt4 I will just take them off..(the arrows)...

My creativity was triggered here on one fact that Nina did not take much into acct.. and that is the middle line of the oscillator ( in this case 0.5) all oscillators have a center line (cci its 0 , stochs are 50 , etc ) this center level means a lot... Now on this simple and powerfull indicator, this 0.5 level really means a LOT... in terms of trend determination...

As I was looking at it... I found that the yellow line has a cool performance being above or below 0.5...

As I keep evolving on the observation I see that a fixed band could be added to make even more robust this trend definition, so I add a +-0.1 factor to this center line and I get this two lines 0.4 and 0.6... mmmmm

there is a clear reading now... we have an up and down being clearly given by this indicator wich has a great capacity of filtering noise and giving a very reliable trend definition... a new trend defintion has born the "New Trend" is here...

Now the Cool thing here is that we also get a very nice momentum reading indicator... as the "signal" nina created (white line) can show us in a very robust manner how far or near he is from the 0.4/0.6 band... and this indicator gets my 5 stars calification as I never got to see before such a nice performance in this two trend/momentum definitions...

Then this indicator starts to rock on some other aspects... like trailing the exits... he can literally keep you inside of very huge moves...

Dont get me wrong, perfection doesnt exist... but EDGE DOES... :p;):);)chatterbox;):)

So from here on we can speculate on a great range of alternatives on its aplication...

So far I have some ideas will add in next post... cheers Walter.

5aa70de1a1bbc_newtrend.thumb.gif.74e798e2813c01db16ea83108d172723.gif

Walter,I auctually did follow her thread for a little while but at that point in my trading it didnt last long:D But any way just wanted to make sure we are on the same page this is the indiacator i have.(Looks a little different than yours)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1843&stc=1&d=1182444382

usdjpy.thumb.gif.b520326ed8cacd8bbebe314e9c6d90b8.gif

Walter,I auctually did follow her thread for a little while but at that point in my trading it didnt last long:D But any way just wanted to make sure we are on the same page this is the indiacator i have.(Looks a little different than yours)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1843&stc=1&d=1182444382

Yes it is the same indicator, now her aproach doesnt take any edge from this indicator as I want to explain... there can be a real diferent reading of this indicator wich gives an enourmos edge... cheers Walter.

Ok, I did some modifications to the indicator, take off the arrows, added the 0.4 and 0.6 levels... its more clean now...

I attach a first idea of how I am looking at this indicator....

1rst Strong break.... takes me to level 1

2nd Pullback

3rd Entry with t3cci...

4th can trail the trade with white line and the 0.6 line too...

Just a very first Idea... there is much more to this... cheers Walter.

2.thumb.png.6692fd0a45b790ce93e6171ef16fe29d.png

Notice the long term trend being clearly Up with the blue hull and new trend cant break below 0.4.... WHEN.... only WHEN new trend breaks 0.4 I will start to think maybe things will change direction... :eek:

5aa70de2214a1_5min2.thumb.png.68b102e2b0497da31ac4848d5eace912.png

Walter this was my reply,But then i relized that something must be wrong with indacator. How can the 1 min never break below the.4 line but 5min did before the 1min. (I really like the concept with this indiacator):D

"Walter, looking at the gbpusd on one minute i posted some pictures. From the first time price stepped up from .6 June 15(1st picture) it never crossed back down below the .4 till June 21(2nd picture) and thats on 1 min chart!!

3rd picture I zoomed out to 15min not changing any of the vertical lines that i plotted on the 1min. Look at the move it would have caught!!!!!!!"

attachment.php?attachmentid=1850&stc=1&d=1182560577

attachment.php?attachmentid=1851&stc=1&d=1182560577

attachment.php?attachmentid=1852&stc=1&d=1182560577

gbpusd.thumb.gif.1781f1dd84154d87521d9ef941ac1b89.gif

gbpusd1.thumb.gif.4c2141b884df2f9e5dc364baeab5c1b4.gif

gbpusd2.thumb.gif.6c1cd9e70d4bcae92a93712d87a47990.gif