Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s First Forex Research (various ideas)

Nice ones there Don ¡¡ The Icon its right there ¡

I see you have rsx 14 , did you try it on 8 ?

Did you also try a 5 min chart ?... I think this concept will be more robust on 5 min than on 1 min... and 1 min will make a "very specific timing" job

Don, I will apreciate if you keep posting on gbp so we can see more than one pair...

If some one wants to get specialized in euro would apreciate so we can cover the analisis of three important pairs...

I also attach the cci t3 indicator... cheers Walter.

FX Sniper's T3 CCI.zip

Nice post Walter. FX is something that is pretty new to me and I've never looked into it before. I want to focus on developing my skills in the futures markets before I start in FX or bonds. Personally if I ever dabbled in FX i would do AUD/USD.

I like your trading strategy and going for a net 5 pips a day sounds like it will keep as much pressure off you as possible. If I got a good 20 pip or 30 pip trade I'd call it quits!

When you're trading FX is it easy to get much leverage? I still see futures as having a much more leveraged investment where with 5k you can controll over 50k worth of assets. How can you get returns to scale like that with FX to make money an income comparable to futures trading? And why spot FX rather that FX futures?

Sorry for all the questions Walter, don't know much about FX lol. Keep it up!

How about this very first draft of the prospect "Icon" trade...

Setup was done on a robust 5 min chart ( more potential space to move ) and timing was done with a "very specific timing" on a 1 minute chart... (here we can have tight stops)...

If we compare the potential move on 5 min with the tight stops that we can have on 1 minute we can start talking about a competitive RRR...

cheers Walter.

5aa70ddfe55ba_TheICONTrade.thumb.png.afcecebf3ca8e8e52efb469566abb0a4.png

Nice post Walter. FX is something that is pretty new to me and I've never looked into it before. I want to focus on developing my skills in the futures markets before I start in FX or bonds. Personally if I ever dabbled in FX i would do AUD/USD.

I like your trading strategy and going for a net 5 pips a day sounds like it will keep as much pressure off you as possible. If I got a good 20 pip or 30 pip trade I'd call it quits!

When you're trading FX is it easy to get much leverage? I still see futures as having a much more leveraged investment where with 5k you can controll over 50k worth of assets. How can you get returns to scale like that with FX to make money an income comparable to futures trading? And why spot FX rather that FX futures?

Hi Nick, I am new to forex as you can be, did trade some years ago but never had success...

As I mentioned before, the edge I find in forex is the magnitude of volume you can eventually trade, futures for retail traders can be a k bussiness... forex can be a M bussiness... It obviously demands an open mind and lot of work, but I believe it is posible...

In terms of futures I actually do trade Ym, so forex futures I am not familiar with them, this forex its a diferent bussiness, it goes after diferent targets...

There are lots of pros and cons on futures as on forex.. again, the pro of volume on forex its what I am looking for... cheers Walter.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll follow this post to see how everything goes. Who knows one day once I'm making my regular k's in futures and i can afford to take a "study sabatical" to learn FX to try turn those K's into M's we can all chip in and buy an island somewhere in the pacific and start our own country. Turn it into a tax haven for traders who want to hold off shore accounts there!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll follow this post to see how everything goes. Who knows one day once I'm making my regular k's in futures and i can afford to take a "study sabatical" to learn FX to try turn those K's into M's we can all chip in and buy an island somewhere in the pacific and start our own country. Turn it into a tax haven for traders who want to hold off shore accounts there!

jejeje good idea man... we can call it "TLlandia" and Soul can be our prime minister, we will send cooter to represent us on UN... Mr.Paul can be our head of poets and notouch in front of our fed reserve... jejeje that would be something ¡¡

If we making a Bananna Republic, I bags the positon of Minister of Finance. A mate of mine has a t-shirt with that written on it...Good pick up line when you have your regular ministers conference held in Miami..."Hey babe, I'm the minister of finance for a bananna republic, wanna come meet el presidente?"

And yes I probabbly would grow banannas on the island!

haha its 2:13 am here now, i really need a lil sleep lol.

If we making a Bananna Republic, I bags the positon of Minister of Finance. A mate of mine has a t-shirt with that written on it...Good pick up line when you have your regular ministers conference held in Miami..."Hey babe, I'm the minister of finance for a bananna republic, wanna come meet el presidente?"

And yes I probabbly would grow banannas on the island!

haha its 2:13 am here now, i really need a lil sleep lol.

We can create a currency... so we can have the USD/banana pair... jejeje

we will make even more millons because we will regulate the dealing desk...¡¡

Nick, the broker im currently using is at a 100:1 leverage $5,000 = $500,000 buying power There are others that offer more. But just because its there doesnt mean its a good thing. But im sure you already know that.

How about this very first draft of the prospect "Icon" trade...

Setup was done on a robust 5 min chart ( more potential space to move ) and timing was done with a "very specific timing" on a 1 minute chart... (here we can have tight stops)...

If we compare the potential move on 5 min with the tight stops that we can have on 1 minute we can start talking about a competitive RRR...

cheers Walter.

Walter - FYI - You have a nice gravestone doji in the direction of your SMA or whatever the red line is at the 'robust setup' trade.... something to think about.... HINT. ;)

Ok walter could i get some views on how you see this potential trade. Would you go long if the 1 minute hooks up or just be looking to short off the 5 min?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1785&stc=1&d=1182278429

5aa70de00ee09_gbpusd.thumb.gif.46d6769cab27039e40ce674803ce9a33.gif

Let me share some more charts of what the "Icon" trade could be... cheers Walter.

CHART ONE outside observation: at yellow arrow #1 there are 2 hammers, at yellow arrow #2 you have a giant engulfing followed up by a hammer to retest that area.

CHART THREE: bullish harami type line at your yellow line.

Didn't see much in chart two in terms of candles.

Just chiming in with some ideas Walter and others. Perhaps there's something there... if nothing else, maybe the candle line/pattern can provide the additional confirmation you may want/need.

Ok walter could i get some views on how you see this potential trade. Would you go long if the 1 minute hooks up or just be looking to short off the 5 min?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1785&stc=1&d=1182278429

Probably shorting the 5 min would be a good idea... now notice that the big hull its still blue, I am researching this nuance, maybe the ideal pullback should encounter in this case a red hull already (to be more conservative)... but its all ideas so far...

Obviously on 1 min you also have a set up.... so maybe both work...nice chart Don...

Walter - FYI - You have a nice gravestone doji in the direction of your SMA or whatever the red line is at the 'robust setup' trade.... something to think about.... HINT. ;)

Mr Brown ¡¡ welcome aboard ¡... yes sr. that doji was a VERY good confirmation for that entry... the red line in that chart its a HUll ma 200... red or blue are direction...

Brown : candles on forex can talk by them self, imagine combining this dynamic S&R from hull....

I am so glad to see you interacting here, thanks Brown. cheers Walter.

Mr Brown ¡¡ welcome aboard ¡... yes sr. that doji was a VERY good confirmation for that entry... the red line in that chart its a HUll ma 200... red or blue are direction...

Brown : candles on forex can talk by them self, imagine combining this dynamic S&R from hull....

I am so glad to see you interacting here, thanks Brown. cheers Walter.

No prob Walter. I enjoy the discussions.

Here's an FX question - is it possible to include volume into your analysis? I realize there's no central trading spot like in futures, so I'm wondering how someone like myself that utilizes volume to transfer that into FX, if at all possible.

No prob Walter. I enjoy the discussions.

Here's an FX question - is it possible to include volume into your analysis? I realize there's no central trading spot like in futures, so I'm wondering how someone like myself that utilizes volume to transfer that into FX, if at all possible.

Some say you can some say you cant, personaly i dont think its possible.

Although there's nothing fundamentally wrong with utilizing crossover methods, you'll reduce stress along with losses by observing your near term trend bias Don.

Try catching a peek at your 240 or 60 minute directional flow & try clipping your fast frame entries in the general direction of those slightly higher priceframe leaders.

You still won't get the green flag on all your trades, but you'll surely cut out a few unecessary & suicidal entries. Just a suggestion ;)

Thank you Walter.

Very good Forex discussions. You are used to 25T and 50T charts, can you adapt to the 4 hours and 24 hours of Forex!!! :)

Thanks Michal, yes its a very diferent scenario, very slow movements they take their time... I will have to program myself in patience... welcome aboard and feel free to interact... cheers Walter.

I will add this nuance here... and its related to the slope of the big Hull Ma...

we had today after a cross several pullbacks BUT the hull was still looking down... (red)

Now notice on this very particualr moment we have a cross and a pullback to a Blue hull average... that could tell us something more conservative in terms of trend reading... cheers Walter.

slope.thumb.png.84438daec07c40f35bf2c1be6452e086.png

Walter, I dont want to add to much to complicate this,I added a 30 min trendline as malliard suggested. Maybe until it auctually brakes the trend line there would be no valid buy signal only short! Your opinion!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1791&stc=1&d=1182302044

usdjpy.thumb.gif.575f77fbbf314c293bc895865c6bb176.gif