Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

neustaju

Money flow index with up/down tick volume

Guest cooter
Can you do a video about using up tick and down tick volume combined with money flow in order to identify possible weakness or strength in price?

How about posting a pic or two illustrating your setup for all to critique?

On Choppy days - there's nothing better than the Moneyflow on a 2Minute YM chart

Have a look at today (May 17)

For shorts - I combine Money Red entries with Tick Extremes usually above 1200 for a short. Wait for a retrace to the level that the Money last fired at - then press the ATM button !!!

For LONG entries off MoneyFlow I am going to get another trigger signal... Crossover of price above the EMA34 is a good one.

5aa70dd84b132_MFLOWMAY172007.jpg.fd513b9934d357bb3b9b66ace8afa908.jpg

On Choppy days - there's nothing better than the Moneyflow on a 2Minute YM chart

Have a look at today (May 17)

For shorts - I combine Money Red entries with Tick Extremes usually above 1200 for a short. Wait for a retrace to the level that the Money last fired at - then press the ATM button !!!

For LONG entries off MoneyFlow I am going to get another trigger signal... Crossover of price above the EMA34 is a good one.

BackRob : I like your aproach... I challenge you to start a new thread on it an share with more details what you are doing... you will grow yourself in what you are doing and thru collaboration others will grow together with you... very nice stuff... hope you keep posting cheers Walter.

Thanks for the encouragement WalterW...

I'd be happy to create a new post and show some of my setups... and track their success.

Moneyflow is a valuable indicator in my trading - Even if I don't take its signal as a trigger for an entry - it prevents me from jumping in at the wrong moment... and wait for a better price.

I am new here and just learning how this site works ... so bear with me a bit.

Robert

Guest cooter
Thanks for the encouragement WalterW...

I'd be happy to create a new post and show some of my setups... and track their success.

Moneyflow is a valuable indicator in my trading - Even if I don't take its signal as a trigger for an entry - it prevents me from jumping in at the wrong moment... and wait for a better price.

I am new here and just learning how this site works ... so bear with me a bit.

Robert

Are you using the standard Money Flow, or your own custom RB version? Same with the ADX. Is that RB ADX band available to test - no need to spoonfeed here, just point me in the right direction ....thxs

SoulTrader, Okay so perhaps not a video. But I have a feeling there is a way to identify institutional distribution or accumulation through viewing money flow combined with uptick/downtick volume.

Are you using the standard Money Flow, or your own custom RB version? Same with the ADX. Is that RB ADX band available to test - no need to spoonfeed here, just point me in the right direction ....thxs

I have modified the standard TS Easylanguage - mostly to generate alerts differently - I apply my own voice for custom Sound Alerts and changed the logic to :

ADX

if ADXValue CROSSES OVER 20 then

Alert( "ADX greater than 20" )

else if ADXValue CROSSES UNDER 20 then

Alert( "ADX less than 20" ) ;

MONEYFLOW

{ Alert criteria }

if MoneyFlowVal > OverBought then

Alert( "MoneyFlow RED !!!" )

else if MoneyFlowVal < OverSold then

Alert( "MoneyFlowW BLUE !!!" ) ;

The logic is standard but the settings I adjust ... Moneyflow 25 and 80

See chart attached

Robert

5aa70dd8cfc82_OEXMay1807MoneyFlowTrades.jpg.3341dbc9656b21d65119127fba13b10b.jpg

Guest cooter
I have modified the standard TS Easylanguage - mostly to generate alerts differently - I apply my own voice for custom Sound Alerts and changed the logic to :

ADX
   if ADXValue CROSSES OVER 20 then
   Alert( "ADX greater than 20" ) 
else if ADXValue CROSSES UNDER 20 then
   Alert( "ADX less than 20" ) ;    

MONEYFLOW

{ Alert criteria }
if MoneyFlowVal > OverBought then 
   Alert( "MoneyFlow RED !!!" )
else if MoneyFlowVal < OverSold then 
   Alert( "MoneyFlowW BLUE !!!" ) ;

The logic is standard but the settings I adjust ... Moneyflow 25 and 80

See chart attached

Robert

Got it now, thxs!

Tuesday May 22 ... morning and afternoon - good heads up using MoneyFlow and Extreme Ticks - the choppier the day the better. Be patient on your entries ... you usually have 6 - 10 minutes to decide.:)

5aa70dd9bb533_MFLOWTrades1May2207.jpg.bd4d2f5620e717d9fccd51de78993aca.jpg

5aa70dd9c045b_MFLOWTrades2May2207.jpg.b5c8e0c093acc520242de14dad209697.jpg

It's the standard TS Indicator with the Alert Criteria changed:

Here is the text:

{RB MONEYFLOW}

inputs:

Length( 14),

AlertLength( 14),

OverSold( 22),

OverBought( 78),

OverSColor( Cyan),

OverBColor( Red) ;