Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradingwizzard

What Do You Trade?

What do you trade?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you trade?

• Elliott
    • Gann
    • Taylor
    • Whyckoff
    • Gartley
    • Divergencies
    • Point and Figure
    • Drummond
    • Short term ideas for scalps/day trade

Hi there,

I want to open this thread as I see different strategies and theories being explained on TL. Just out of curiosity, what do you trade? Based on your answers I will try to make some sort of classification and post the results here.

Here are the options/possibilities I can think of:

1. Elliott; 2. Gann; 3. Taylor; 4. Whyckoff; 5. Garley; 6. Divergencies; 7. Point and Figure; 8. Drummond;

Any other strategies or ideas would be considered as well.

Now let's see which strategy defines your trading style best?

TW

I'm not sure really how to vote on this one. A big part of my trades is how it looks and feels, maybe one could call it "gut", maybe one could call it price action, maybe one could call it divergences in some of the looks that I like to see - I don't know. Short-term ideas for scalps / day trades.

With kind regards,

MK

I'm not sure really how to vote on this one. A big part of my trades is how it looks and feels, maybe one could call it "gut", maybe one could call it price action, maybe one could call it divergences in some of the looks that I like to see - I don't know. Short-term ideas for scalps / day trades.

With kind regards,

MK

I just added a category with short-term ideas for scalps......so place your vote

TW

With kind regards,

MK

for some reason your post made me remember how I used to dream about charts when I was first getting started. I think it comes from staring at a lot of charts :cool:

for some reason your post made me remember how I used to dream about charts when I was first getting started. I think it comes from staring at a lot of charts :cool:

probably yes....we all started from somewhere.....my idea is to see what people are trading here in TL to assess a bit the knowledge and then based on the results to open discussions on the main interest of the members

I started with TA like mostly everyone else. Then I tried candlesticks which were a total failure for me in any way I tried them Maybe I was not good enough for them. Then I tried to trade news and fundamentals and I just was breaking even. After about 4 years of frustration I started studying price action. I came across blogs like Price Action Lab blog and I also use the Price Action Lab software as a scanner and together with Strategy Quant. to develop systems. I trade high cap stocks, futures and forex. I am about to turning profitable using these methods soon I hope.

Nobody trades just support and resistance? Breakouts?

one could argue most of these 'named strategies' consist of that....its just been given a name.

One of the joys of polls.

There are some names missing as well (eg; Darvas, Trend, MAs, Price action (all too generic)), but they are generally all fairly similar.

one could argue most of these 'named strategies' consist of that....its just been given a name.

One of the joys of polls.

There are some names missing as well (eg; Darvas, Trend, MAs, Price action (all too generic)), but they are generally all fairly similar.

Darvas?

I never heard of something like that. Can you share some insights please?

Thanks,

TW

Darvas?

Thanks,

TW

Darvas.....Best Google 'Darvas Box' as I would not do it justice....it was simply an example

Darvas?

Thanks,

TW

Draw a box around a consolidation, and then trade breakouts from the box is the gist of it. Made a ballerina called Darvas some money a very long time ago . . .

BlueHorseshoe

Draw a box around a consolidation, and then trade breakouts from the box is the gist of it. Made a ballerina called Darvas some money a very long time ago . . .

BlueHorseshoe

Ha ! very interesting. I have always called that a "Surprise Box ". Works particularly well on GBP/CHF 5 min TF.