Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradingwizzard

Dow Jones = 100,000 Target

Really? And what makes you think it's poised to break higher?

There was a clear rejection of resistance on wednesday and both yesterday and today buyers don't seem to have it in them to make a higher high.

To me, this suggests buyers are reluctant towards bidding above the top of the trading range, at least for the time being.

Lets wait and see.

hi there,

I don't want to go into a whole discussion related to corrective waves, but this one looks to be corrective, and, speciffically, a flat........time element is respected, structure is respected, b wave is the more complex, c wave takes less time, the structure of the whole pattern is 3-3-5........meaning new highs to come........

now, are these highs to come straight away? ....we don't know, as this corrective pattern (the flat) may be part of a complex corrective pattern (like a double combination, or triple combination, or double or triple three, etc)........

however, the real question is are these highs to come eventualy? Well, the answer is YES. This looks like a corrective wave and by the time it will finish price will break higher. Regardless of the fundamental reason. If any.

TW

so Fed signals strong improvement in the labor market according the the Fed member that spoke today.....are stocks tumbling?....end of QE? Tapering? Equities?.....oh well, Dow 15600.....anyone?

TW

twiz,

... pls make up your mind...

first you squelch any talk about underlying conditions -

"in the end, technical analysis prevails" etc etc.

... then you spew "Fed signals", "end of QE?" "Tapering? "

None these 'technicals' or (what you are calling) 'fundamentals' are on topic to your original neely LINK... you're blowing up your own thread...

None of the timeframes you're using - even including the weeklies - are on topic to your original neely LINK... more blowing up your own thread... and no amount of censoring zdo will fix that...

Maybe someone should remind you that EW is not going to attract much participation anyways... not real smart to drive the already limited support for EW topics away...

If you're really all that good with (e)Wave trading you should go private, proprietary - Dominick style - instead of looking all wishy washy up in here in your bully pulpit....

zdo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by tradingwizzard; 11-04-2013 at 03:18PM.

Dow closes on Record High.....were are the bears?

TW

Today was interesting. There was a another poke above the range that found no buyers and consequently price collapsed back into the range.

It now seems likely that the Dow will test the lower limit of the range, at 14,800.

This is my first target, where I take out 1/4 of my position and stay alert, since price could reverse.

If buyers don´t show up there, my next area of interest is 14,000, where I would scale out the second 1/4.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37339&stc=1&d=1383862616

5aa71206cf974_DowRange.png.fe066c520b088827b53d824c444933fe.png

re: where are the bears? and

Today was interesting. There was a another poke above the range that found no buyers and consequently price collapsed back into the range.

It now seems likely that the Dow will test the lower limit of the range, at 14,800.

This is my first target, where I take out 1/4 of my position and stay alert, since price could reverse.

If buyers don´t show up there, my next area of interest is 14,000, where I would scale out the second 1/4.

Twiz, Just curious, is this the kind of conversation you were really seeking when you opened a

thread based on a LINK from Glenn Neely?

If so, all my macro posts (and anyone else's), are off topic. It is just a thread to discuss local SR etc etc... and with a name like

it sorta smells like

No Bears Allowed

Please let us know.

Thx.

zdo

re: where are the bears? and

Twiz, Just curious, is this the kind of conversation you were really seeking when you opened a

If so, all my macro posts (and anyone else's), are off topic. It is just a thread to discuss local SR etc etc... and with a name like

it sorta smells like

No Bears Allowed

Please let us know.

Thx.

zdo

it was not a link, it was a page I scanned from a book I have.....since it is not my analysis, the correct thing to do is to name the author.......

bears are allowed, but when in pain, don't come to bulls for treatment ;)

TW

attachment.php?attachmentid=37339&stc=1&d=1383862616

funny enough the chart you are pointing there resembles with a running variation of a contracting triangle......if it is correct, it implies drop no more than 61.8% out of the last leg higher and the thrust of the triangle should be minimum 161.8% extension when compared with the longest leg of the triangle .......you do the math and see what it means........but in the meantime, bears have all my respect and keeping fingers crossed

TW

one more time - with the essence of the question

If so, all my macro posts (and anyone else's), are off topic.

(if so ) It is just a thread to discuss local SR etc etc...

Please let us know.

Thanks.

zdo

one more time - with the essence of the question

If so, all my macro posts (and anyone else's), are off topic.

(if so ) It is just a thread to discuss local SR etc etc...

Please let us know.

Thanks.

zdo

you take it as you wish....you should be a big boy now to draw your own conclusions

TW

you take it as you wish....you should be a big boy now to draw your own conclusions

TW

Thank you TW.

and, as a 'big boy now, I will draw the conclusion' that you don't give a shit.

stock at record highs, yet again......any bear still alive?......anyone?

TW

Why should "anyone?" bother to post

since it’s obvious from the way you’ve managed this thread you can’t conceive how anyone could even be a bear alive?

or

since you've repeatedly refused to clarify your intentions of whether the thread really is about Dow =100000 or just about new highs with the Target title serving as sham promotion...

and, acording to policy, shouldn't you be posting (new highs) news and any other news in the news section

?

"is EU fixn to QE ??" = must long

links removed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last pre-crimed by tradingwizzard; 11-06-2014 at 03:18PM.

Why should "anyone?" bother to post

since it’s obvious from the way you’ve managed this thread you can’t conceive how anyone could even be a bear alive?

or

since you've repeatedly refused to clarify your intentions of whether the thread really is about Dow =100000 or just about new highs with the Target title serving as sham promotion...

and, acording to policy, shouldn't you be posting (new highs) news and any other news in the news section

?

"is EU fixn to QE ??" = must long

links removed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last pre-crimed by tradingwizzard; 11-06-2014 at 03:18PM.

God you're so pissed off...I like that :)

relax....enjoy life

TW

... congratulations ......

thank you....you're so kind........

letting joke aside....posting is not mandatory, saying earlier and saying it here again.......it is not a contest

it is a thread for God's sake for regular people to discuss why on earth equities are making new highs repeatedly.......IT IS NOT A NEWS............

Thank you for your understanding,

TW

I am generally bearish by nature.....I just choose to wait for the opportune time to sell rather than fighting the trend.

disclaimer: no one forced me to write this, I dont care about 10k, 100k or 1mil in the dow, I am just a cynical middle aged man but have always been so even when younger, I agree this is not a contest, my computers will soon be back on line after renovations gone astray, I have zero respect for builders even though my brothers are in the building game, even less respect for accountants, after time off from trading I am less interested in day trading and more interested in bigger picture themes. No animals were hurt in this renovation unless you include children (hey - you gotta applaud their small hands are good for somethings) and my bank account.