Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Anfield778

Education on Learning Price Action

I have been day trading for 2 years and have attended many courses on price action and interpreting trend via swing highs/lows. Yet I find myself very confused when day trading the emini on days when the swings are more complex.

There are times when price makes a lower high and lower low implying a short position, yet the bigger trend may not have changed. Are there other courses/videos that may explain this better and differentiate minor/major swings, clearly explaining how to trade multiple time frames etc?

thanks

I have been day trading for 2 years and have attended many courses on price action and interpreting trend via swing highs/lows. Yet I find myself very confused when day trading the emini on days when the swings are more complex.

There are times when price makes a lower high and lower low implying a short position, yet the bigger trend may not have changed. Are there other courses/videos that may explain this better and differentiate minor/major swings, clearly explaining how to trade multiple time frames etc?

thanks

So what happened with Kevin Hudson?

That's one of the problems with relying on trading rooms. In any case, since you've been daytrading for 2 yrs and have attended many courses and spent however much time in that trading room, it's probably going to take you a lot longer to learn this than someone who's just starting out.

Look at this thread and see if it appeals to you. If so, everything you need to know about trading price action is contained in the forum in which that thread resides. If you're the independent sort. If you'd rather be in a room, I can't help you there. But after two years, you really ought to be able to do this by yourself.

Thanks DB. This is very useful.

My biggest mistake has been flipping between various trading methods in isolation (MP, MACD/RSI, Delta, etc) over the past 2 years and I have come to the simple conclusion, albeit very late, that price action trumps all the above.

Anfield

One the problems you face is when you post on a site like this, is the possibility that the people who respond are perennial losers or worse.....to obtain something of real utility you may want to think outside the box....for example DBPhoenix is very well regarded and his comment to you had to do with the time you have already invested learning price action...AND he suggested trying Wyckoff....a reasonable suggestion.....I might go a step further and suggest that once you review that material, you look at this thread ("if you can draw a straight line") which has to do with using those principles to trade the NQ contract...it will take you some time, but I think its worth that investment....If you are a do-it-yourselfer this is probably the way to go...

try to switch from the equity markets to currencies.....they work best for the intraday price action

for example, and just as an example, almost 3 out of 4 Mondays, eurusd, on the London session, goes for Asian highs/lows, then reverses and takes the highs/lows, only for price to settle for the middle of the range at the end of the day

The main thing that separates price action trading from all other trading strategies is that it uses “clean” or “naked” charts. There are no indicators or anything confusing on your chart, the only thing that is there is raw price displayed as candles. This makes trading simpler and easier to read.