Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Clues for shifts in market sentiment

It is always important to look for clues that cause a shift in market sentiment. One method I use is by bracketing a TICK chart. Whenever TICKS breakout of a 2 hour range, this is usually a strong signal of a shift in market sentiment.

For example: In a downtrend, if TICK's make a new 2 hour high I will look for a long setup. In an uptrend, if TICK's make a new 2 hour low I will look for a short setup.

This method also works when the TICK is stuck in a channel. Anytime the TICK breaks out of a channel, expect to see price move in that direction.

What timeframe TICK chart do you use? Also I noticed in your charts you use mostly a line on close TICK chart. Why is that?

I use a line on close TICK chart primarily for visual purposes. A line on close TICK chart will show me TICK hooks which a candlestick chart will not. However, one disadvantage of using a line on close TICK chart is that you will not see the actual highs and lows produced by candlestick wicks.

I will also use a candlestick TICK chart and will place audio alerts at +1000, +1200, -1000, and -1200 readings. Other than that I do not focus on it as much.

Soultrader

Are you referring to $TICK. In any case, can you post a chart from recent price action to demonstrate your idea. If it is $TICK, then u may want to show $SPY as well for divergence. Thanks.

FYI - this thread is about 2 years old. Good chance the video is no longer available.

Try looking at threads that are a tad more recent. ;)

:o - didn't noticed the date of the original post!