Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Healthy Trader Let's share information on what it takes to maintain a healthy trading lifestyle. To be at the top of your game you have to take care of yourself -- here we'll all share how we do that, or should do that.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Intermittent Fasting

I've started this IF diet.

The IF diet is reported to help repair the body, slow aging process, and lose fat. I am on the 24 day on/24 off cycle. According to the science (see Eat Fast and Live Longer BBC), that you can eat anything on the on cycle. I don't really get that hungry but I don't get satisfied easily. So when I start eating then I tend to overeat.

I notice I probably get less hungry on fasting days then on eating days most of the time. I get hungry about 2x per day really strong but that's about it. Workout went smooth on fasting day. I will eat a few pieces of fruit or almonds. I probably run below 200 calories on fast days so far but willing to up it to 500 if I need too.

I am hoping for some pretty dramatic results... nothing dramatic yet but I plan to give it about 6 weeks before making a final decision.

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/the-end-of-dieting/
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
zdo

Ignore this user

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Predictor,

re: "...I am hoping for some pretty dramatic results.."
What results are you looking for?

zdo
Old 09-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #3

Ignore this user

Studies shown about 1.5 pound per week loss about 4%-5% body fat % loss after about 4-6 weeks. So, I'm hoping for sometihng like that... but some people lost more.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #4

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predictor »
Studies shown about 1.5 pound per week loss about 4%-5% body fat % loss after about 4-6 weeks. So, I'm hoping for sometihng like that... but some people lost more.
So, weight loss without sacrificing strength, stamina, or overall health ?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
zdo

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticforex »
So, weight loss without sacrificing strength, stamina, or overall health ?
yes, all that and more.
However, it is important though to understand that “fasting” is the surface process of the underlying intent – which is autophagy…

btw, most ppl who are prioritizing weight loss (or changing body fat ratio) will get better results on a different schedule than day on, day off ...
mostly because for them - especially in the early stages - it takes more than one day to get sufficient autophagy kicked in ...

ie using "studies" is not a very good validation or guide for your own application of the principles... even framing IF, etc as a 'die t' is careening off course... far better to get to know your own autophagy markers...

…If you need, I can provide niche guidance, info, and referrals to individuals via PM...

all the best,

zdo
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdo »
yes, all that and more.
However, it is important though to understand that “fasting” is the surface process of the underlying intent – which is autophagy…

…If you need, I can provide niche guidance, info, and referrals to individuals via PM...

all the best,

zdo
That would be interesting ZDO.

I used to do a 3 - 5 day fast twice a year. Just cleansing. not weight loss. this was a few years ago, not recently.

Sometimes it bothers people when I say my problem is keeping weight on.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
Sky Blocks Champion

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticforex »

Sometimes it bothers people when I say my problem is keeping weight on.
A friend of mine had this problem - turns out he had an insulin problem that did not get picked up - he has now fixed this and looks and feels much healthier with daily insulin injections.....not a recommendation to do anything more than ask at a checkup.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #8

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUYA »
A friend of mine had this problem - turns out he had an insulin problem that did not get picked up - he has now fixed this and looks and feels much healthier with daily insulin injections.....not a recommendation to do anything more than ask at a checkup.
I have been down that road.. When I was younger doctors were always wanting to send me for Gloucose tolerant's testing. Always tested normal. Always felt great ( still do though nowadays the thought of an afternoon nap is hard to resist).

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: