Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Healthy Trader Let's share information on what it takes to maintain a healthy trading lifestyle. To be at the top of your game you have to take care of yourself -- here we'll all share how we do that, or should do that.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: Intermittent Fasting

I thought I'd share my update. I've lost about 30 pounds since starting the IF protocol. I'm still not to my first target. But, I can say this is probably the best protocol that I've ever personally seen.

From having going to the gym for years (over the years), and training at various intensity levels I can say 2 things: going to the gym for serious fat loss is a waste of time -- without the proper diet in place and #2 everyone should go to the gym to improve their health. I know it sounds like a contradiction -- but its the truth. Listen everything you've ever read about fat loss is a total scam.

Cardio training for fat loss is a real waste of time compared to the results that one can get from a little bit of fasting. I can burn more calories sleeping at night then someone at the gym training hard for 2 hours. However, weight training is extremely valuable and those results can't be obtained from diet alone.

The only type of results that I've seen comparable to IF would be when I wrestled in high school. I trained 2-3 hours each day and then 2-3 hours on the weekend.

If you want to achieve "extreme" or "significant" fat loss: there are only 2 options I've seen work:

1. Extreme athletic training, i.e 2 hours per day 5 days per week. Works but most can't do it. Extremely hard on body and has significant risk.
2. Intermittent Fasting preferably with strength training. Works.

What doesn't work well enough to justify it is going to the gym 2x-3x per week and doing 30 minutes of cardio or exercise. You might lose a little but you won't achieve extreme fat loss unless the program is an extreme fitness style program.

I should also add during my non fasting periods, I've eaten normally or even worse -- just to test it. One week I had a milkshake almost every other day, I ate like 4 plates of spaghetti, and didn't do any exercise: I lost about 2 pounds that week. Of course, that doesn't mean that one can't overdo it. I've hit a few weeks where I leveled off. During these times, I just make minor adjustments: extend the fast, eat a little healthier, or increase my weight training or add some low intensity cardio.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #10

Ignore this user

Çheck out the warrior diet. Ive been following it for almost three years now and have never looked back. It is more of a way of life now not so much a diet. That plus crossfit has been a fantastic combo especially for a former athlete or a competitor and id like to think we all have a little of that competitive spirit in us.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #11

Ignore this user

Intermittent fasting is perfect if you are cutting. Instead of starving the whole day you eat during 8 consecutive hours and fast the rest. I don't care if it doesn't speeded results, it makes life easier.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: