Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Ultimate Trade Analyzer Discussion for Ultimate Trade Analyzer owners to share results, questions and other feedback.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
czo

Ignore this user

Re: British Pound Futures

tj, is your BP trade plan posted anywhere - for the HVMM2? has anyone figured out/tested a plan for the BP using the SST? seems to reason that since it trends well enough to make consistent profits w/ HVMM2, it should be able to do well w/ SST - IF there is a good plan behind it. ??
Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #18

Ignore this user

I think I heard that Mark was trading the BP with SST. But you must have read my mind czo! I was justing thinking about the BP futures today. I heard TJ mention that the GBPUSD 233 tick was one of the winniest charts when he was developing SST way back when, but he never mentioned anything about the BP. Have you done any preliminary testing on it?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #19
czo

Ignore this user

no, not yet. i heard tj say last wk that he was considerin cking the BP for an SST plan but hadnt .... yet. i wondered if anyone else had. i DO plan to try and fill a hundred days or so w/ POQ trades from 9am ET till 11am ET. wayyyyyy bk when i useta trade cme curr futures i determined that they sorta got messy after 11am ET.
that said, if BP makes consistent $$$$ w/ HVMM2, i see no reason to move to SST; unless someone has the UTA data to show SST's BP is 'better' than HVMM2's BP. only hard work [w/ UTA] can answer this question.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #20

Ignore this user

I hear ya! BP is on my list of to-do's.. I agree that it should perform great with SST. Mark is an excellent trader and if that's a market he has honed in on, I'm sure there's a good reason for it.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
czo

Ignore this user

tj, any chance u might ask mark to share his BP plan and performance overview results? do u know if he reads these pages?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Czo, amazing how time flies. I left for Europe shortly after your post and kind of lost touch with this forum or I would have responded to you sooner. Sorry for the delay. I don't believe Mark is trading the BP these days. I haven't really looked at it either only because I've been trying to balance the needs of many different traders and had to turn my attention to some stock, etf and option tradeplans as well as come up with some MT4 friendly forex plans. The BP has always been on my list of futures markets that grabbed my interest but I still haven't really put a tp together for it yet. Have you? Kind of curious if you have done any work on it since your last post. We do have a good EC (Euro) tradeplan and a few members in the live traderoom are also trading their own EC tradeplans with excellent results. I believe they're using 7 tick range bars. Anyway, if you're still on this forum and have any interesting BP information, I'd be interested to hear about it. Thanks..

Tags
british pound, cable, currencies, currency futures, futures

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: