Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Anyone seen this movie? Directed by the same guy who did Sin City so its filmed to look like the actual graphic novel its based off. Loved this flic, very entertaining (even if its not 100% historically acurate but close enough I guess).

Yea I saw it last night. The fighting scenes are amazing.. notice they played the same theme song at the end from Gladiator? Good song by the way. Check out the history channel version of 300. Goes into the history of it more accurately.

Yea i downloaded the History chan show and watched it before the movie.

Strange to think how if that battle never happened, and those guys didn't give up their lives, that democracy might have never happened if ancient Greece were made slaves.

Ok here's a question for you guys seein as we're talking bout the ancient times, who do you think was more superior, The Romans or the Han Empire Chinese?

Nick1984, Actually from what I know, Quin Dynasty(one before Hun) has better military power and structure. But it did not last long after it unified Chinese into one country.

At its peak, it has 1 million troops. while Romans has 500K at its peak. (got this from a documentary). But I do think Roman has better war machine.

Don't you just love Wikipedia? I read up on the Hannibal and his battles against the Roman Republic. Considered the best military tactician, created few battle maneuvers that routed the Romans 3 times,despite being outnumbered almost 2 to 1. They learned their mistakes and took his tactics and the rest was pretty much history.

Yea Hannibal was awesome. Also loved Alexander the Great. His original army of like 40,000 destroyed the Persian Empire and made it to India of all places!

Intersting one weiwei. I think the difference between the Chinese army was that it didn't have as many professional soldiers as the Roman army had. Why waste a good soldier lol!

I think what you find among all the best military commanders is that their force of conviction was always superior to all others. Hannibal marched his army through the most difficult mountain pass to attack the Romans from an area they never expeced it.

Hitler's armies marched around the Maginot line to attack France (Poor Frenchies, they can't fight their way out of a paper bag, and no Napoleon was a Corsican not a Frenchman before anyone starts lol) and show them how to fight a war for the 2nd time!

Tenacity and determination is often much more imporant than numbers. That applies for lots of things in life, not just fighting a war!

I was amazed to read invasion of Normandy was more than 1 million soldiers. Not sure if it's the biggest count in a single battle but looking at the old pictures and of course the movie Saving Private Ryan make give total respect to all who were involved in the invasion. If you read battle of Hastings going down in history as a famous event, the troops were around 10,000s. Compared to WWII, it's short of a significant in human count.