Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

suby

Gaps in Stocks - Which Stocks Do Them Best?

Hey guys,

My attention has shifted from futures to stocks right now. My focus specifically is on gaps. What kind of stocks show this type of behaviour time and time again? Should I be looking for stocks with low betas or high alphas? The NYSE universe is fairly large and its easy to get lost in it. I was wondering what kind of criterias should i be looking for if I want to build a system around stocks that constantly gap up or down in the morning

Suby

Hey guys,

My attention has shifted from futures to stocks right now. My focus specifically is on gaps. What kind of stocks show this type of behaviour time and time again? Should I be looking for stocks with low betas or high alphas? The NYSE universe is fairly large and its easy to get lost in it. I was wondering what kind of criterias should i be looking for if I want to build a system around stocks that constantly gap up or down in the morning

Suby

Try the 2x\3x leveraged ETFs - they are built for trading and they move. Or even a stock like AAPL, despite its market cap, it moves quite a bit, that is why I buy\sell options on it.

MMS

Try the 2x\3x leveraged ETFs - they are built for trading and they move. Or even a stock like AAPL, despite its market cap, it moves quite a bit, that is why I buy\sell options on it.

MMS

MMS ever tried arbing the stocks in the ETF's Basket?

Hey guys,

Suby

With my experience in the stock market , its the BIO STOCKS that make more gaps more than any other industry....

With my experience in the stock market , its the BIO STOCKS that make more gaps more than any other industry....

Interesting Ammeo...

Any ideas why that may occur?

Any advice on how one could quantify this with a group of stocks to determine likelyhood ?

Hey guys,

Suby

Why gaps?

are you trading? investing? or gambling?

Why gaps?

are you trading? investing? or gambling?

Trading.

I'm trying to create a basket of stocks that exhibit mean reverting behaviour, day in, day out