Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlueHorseshoe

Puzzles for Traders

Hi Patuca

You seem to be taking a bit of flak :(

How are you keeping.? Hows the gun running in Belize? :helloooo:

I see you are offering a jungle adventure course as well. :spam:

Perhaps you can hold of the answer till Friday to give us a last think.;)

kind regards

bobc

:rofl: :rofl: flak comes with the job. packaged with trading. many seem to be clawing at the PT??? not good to be "greedy" in trading. one has to learn to take the profits as they come. the puzzle profit is soon forthcoming...."i feel it in my bones"

not in belize at the moment. will go to honduras soon. want to go? we can do a jungle adventure into real dangerous territories??? snakes, jaguars, narcos, gold diggers/panners, murderers. or we could just sit on the beach with pristine water and a laptop and trade our way to riches???

Does this jar your memory any? But no rush for me, I've lost interest

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcollett »

OK Patuca

I guess two can play your game of suspence

Please hold the answer till Sunday night.

That will give us all another chance.

And I know you are dying to tell us .......

kind regards

bobc

sunday night will be fine ...i don't suspect anyone will guess it by then but if they do they will be first to ever guess it. i could give the answer anytime but i need to see more "uncle" cries. i realize it is hard for traders to take a stop loss but it is all part of trading...(according to conventional wisdom.. if you use Stop loses unlike ZDO and myself who are the only two crazy people on board) ..well sometimes i use them if i "feel" like it.

did you not read this part I need to see more "uncle" cries.

Good idea, Bob, but a bit short-sighted. Won't be nearly enough "uncles" by then. Not even in the 6-figures yet. I say hold off on the answer till the London Bridge falls down. Be sorta commerative, in a way.

You know, the funniest part of the bridge riddle isn't the answer...it's all the people who are in for a big letdown when it finally comes. If it ever is posted, which I doubt, be sure to hold your nose when you read it.

roger i can see you are a pessimist by nature. nothing wrong with that..i am too. optimists invented the airplane..pessimists the parachute.

however, don't give up all hope.. like trading..many blow several accounts before they finally learn to trade..must maintain a little hope along the way..:missy:

Patuca - I've made it easy to recount your uncle list. Or are you not paying attention to people with less than a 1000 posts?
dear traitor1 i will investigate your claim. i may have miscounted. i take this seriousley. if i have miscounted i will own up to it (in trading we must not deceive ourselves we must own up to all mistakes and be honest with ourselves) and I will post the answer immediatley without further delay if i have miscounted.

i have to take my wife to the dentist so i will look into this matter in a couple of hours or so.

have a great day trading

Patuca - I've made it easy to recount your uncle list. Or are you not paying attention to people with less than a 1000 posts?
could you please list those post numbers and thread page numbers so i can continue my investigation? if i can verify what you are saying then i will have to promptly give up the answer to the riddle. by promptly i mean today. not tomm. i would look through all the post myself but my internet isn't working properly and it would take me awhile to go thru this thread. thanks

roger i can see you are a pessimist by nature. nothing wrong with that..i am too. optimists invented the airplane..pessimists the parachute.

however, don't give up all hope.. like trading..many blow several accounts before they finally learn to trade..must maintain a little hope along the way..:missy:

I understand. You like the power trip of having a bunch of people begging at your feet and, apparently, plenty are willing to oblige. To me, "Sunday will be fine" means Sunday will be fine. The word "uncle" never appeared in that post. That came later as you made up rules as you went along. When your requested number of "uncles" came and went, you ignored your promise.

Look, this is a small thing. Total BS in the big scheme of things. But it does show deceit on your part. For that reason, I have lost total interest.

Edited by Roger Felton

What was the question again? :rofl:

It think the question was, "If a train traveling from Chicago passes a guy walking over a bridge and the wind blows his butt around the bridge at the same time, how many uncles will it take to clean his shorts by the time he reaches the other side?"

LOL that's the best answer so far.

Speaking of uncles, mine worked at a cement factory. His job was to clean up the scraps using a pitchfork. Yeah that's right... he was a mortar forker.

could you please list those post numbers and thread page numbers so i can continue my investigation? if i can verify what you are saying then i will have to promptly give up the answer to the riddle. by promptly i mean today. not tomm. i would look through all the post myself but my internet isn't working properly and it would take me awhile to go thru this thread. thanks

Ok, guys, judging by past posts, this means you definitely aren't going to get the riddle answer today, no matter what. His Internet isn't working properly, so that will be his out...now watch...

In the meantime, let'skeep those "uncles" pouring in....

LOL that's the best answer so far.

Speaking of uncles, mine worked at a cement factory. His job was to clean up the scraps using a pitchfork. Yeah that's right... he was a mortar forker.

Was that his job title or just want his boss called him when he needed more mortar forked?

My aunt was a midget vampire. So, yes, you could say she was one of them "lil' bitty suckers".

Edited by Roger Felton

dear traitor1 i will investigate your claim. i may have miscounted. i take this seriousley. if i have miscounted i will own up to it (in trading we must not deceive ourselves we must own up to all mistakes and be honest with ourselves) and I will post the answer immediatley without further delay if i have miscounted.

i have to take my wife to the dentist so i will look into this matter in a couple of hours or so.

have a great day trading

If you do not mind waiting, I would appreciate more time to try to figure out the answer. I haven't been able to give it more than just passing time.

The whole point of a riddle is to figure it out; not to try and give up right away.

If you do not mind waiting, I would appreciate more time to try to figure out the answer. I haven't been able to give it more than just passing time.

The whole point of a riddle is to figure it out; not to try and give up right away.

That's true, MM. But the answer will be something stupid like, "The bridge crossed the tracks but spiraled 360 degrees in the process". I predict a real bellyflop when the answer comes out in 5 or 10 years.

Seriously, you gotta admire Patuca. I would have caved in long ago but he held his ground. I actually hope he doesn't tell us....make us think for a change. Patuca, you go girl! Hang tough...don't let me or anyone else pressure you to spill the beans. Never never never give up!

Edited by Roger Felton

Ok, guys, judging by past posts, this means you definitely aren't going to get the riddle answer today, no matter what. His Internet isn't working properly, so that will be his out...now watch...

In the meantime, let'skeep those "uncles" pouring in....

LOL :rofl: :shocked: now why would you come to such a conclusion?? lucky for you the internet is working enough for me to post the answer but too slow to flip thru all the posts on this thread to verify talond discovery of a miscount??? are you sure there are no hanging chads?

have a great day trading

Duplicate message. Sorry

LOL :rofl: :shocked: now why would you come to such a conclusion?? lucky for you the internet is working enough for me to post the answer but too slow to flip thru all the posts on this thread to verify talond discovery of a miscount??? are you sure there are no hanging chads?

So maybe there are 6 uncles , perhaps 5 or even maybe 8. I have not seen any other person who posted a riddle in here make people give up so many times...... Give it a day or two when no one gets it ......post answer move on to next riddle.

You keep bringing up trading in your answers.....well if this was a trade I would not have "held on" for this long.......this is like buying/selling and hoping it comes back .......taking a loss quickly is get in , not working out , get out wait for next set up.......done....

You said that we need to have stop losses ......we all had them we gave in to your little uncle thing.........So you want more people to "take a loss" before you produce the result.

If you were really interested in "teaching" something you should have PM'd the answer to those that uncled you.

Please help me understand what lesson you are teaching us here? ( other than most people on trading forums are mental)

We all know you are enjoying this whole riddle thing.......but now you have really put a label on yourself ...... every time you post something people are going to remember you as the jerk with the bridge riddle. You have provided some value in OTHER postings on the forum that I have read so I thank you for that but your credibility , as far as I am concerned, just tanked like the market crash of '87

Nice job ........I actually keep forgetting about this thread but it keeps popping up on the home page.......

I understand. You like the power trip of having a bunch of people begging at your feet and, apparently, plenty are willing to oblige. To me, "Sunday will be fine" means Sunday will be fine. The word "uncle" never appeared in that post. That came later as you made up rules as you went along. When your requested number of "uncles" came and went, you ignored your promise.

Look, this is a small thing. Total BS in the big scheme of things. But it does show deceit on your part. For that reason, I have lost total interest.

look roger it was in the post you posted that you said i posted. don't you see the words in blue in your post about my post? i agreed to wait because cap bob asked me to wait till sunday but i also said i needed to hear more "uncles" and that i doubted anyone would guess it by sunday anyways. therefore...if i would have gotton enough "uncles" by sunday i would have given up the answer. it is no power trip ...just a few lessons in trading ...from a stupid riddle...along with a little fun...you of all people should know that traders have to give up and bite the bullet at times. the problem is we are an arrogant bunch of bastards. with america's "gotta win" ...never give up..attitude ...it is hard to accept a loss or accept that we can't do something. like i said nobody in 30 years or so has guessed the riddle. matter of a fact nobody has EVER guessed the riddle as far as I know. even though it is right there under their nose. observation is a key in trading....lessons to be learned from a stupid riddle :deal:

I think that was someone else not me. and speaking of chads, I actually went to Fla during all that and was the only non reporter, non lawyer in the courtroom.

The funny moment came when the judge opened a ballot box and chads dumped out all over the place LOL

oh wait a minute! I know what it is now! It's a position trade!

I'm so glad you have a good sense of humor! Actually hoping you hold off with the answer to the riddle....

I think that was someone else not me. and speaking of chads, I actually went to Fla during all that and was the only non reporter, non lawyer in the courtroom.

The funny moment came when the judge opened a ballot box and chads dumped out all over the place LOL

oh wait a minute! I know what it is now! It's a position trade!

yes i mean't traitor1. sorry.

I'm so glad you have a good sense of humor! Actually hoping you hold off with the answer to the riddle....
i have no problem holding off if that is what everyone wants. neither do i have a problem giving the answer today but need one more "uncle" from a trader on this thread that has not given one yet OR i need traitor1 to help me verify his investigation of my miscount. this internet is extremly slow and i don't want to thumb through all the pages looking for every post where one someone said "uncle" when apparently he has already done that can tell tell me the post # and the page #. so.......i can wait longer if all you wish but i seriousley don't think anyone would guess it if i waited 5 years...but who knows there are some really smart people out there?:cool:

Please help me understand what lesson you are teaching us here? ( other than most people on trading forums are mental)
oh sh$t do you really want me to start all over with the lessons again? there were/are/can be; many

oh sh$t do you really want me to start all over with the lessons again? there were/are/can be; many

Wow that whole post and you choose to just respond to that>> amazing.

Well you are not posting anything else of significance here so you may as well explain your whole philosophy again .

We all know you are enjoying this whole riddle thing.......but now you have really put a label on yourself ...... every time you post something people are going to remember you as the jerk with the bridge riddle. You have provided some value in OTHER postings on the forum that I have read so I thank you for that but your credibility , as far as I am concerned, just tanked like the market crash of '87

Nice job ........I actually keep forgetting about this thread but it keeps popping up on the home page

1) i don't give a sh$t what people think about me. please see picture for further info.

2) labels mean dogshit to me.

3) i am already a jerk and know it..nothing new there (my wife knows it too!)

4) i don't care about my credibility. i do the best i can and if that isn't enough for people ..well ...see grafic for a more detailed explanation

5) value in my posts?..i doubt it..remember i am a pessimist.

6) I can't help it that the thread shows up on home page. i guess people have an interest in stupid riddles??

7) i remember vividly the crash of 1987. i know exactly where i was at. just like when reagan got shot i remember exactly where i was at and doing...just like when elvis died..see do remember a few things...notice they are all negative things!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :haha:

piss.png.c76ff00a1cdccf4fc67788a28767376e.png