Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlueHorseshoe

Puzzles for Traders

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: now that is funny LOL :haha: and :cool:

So, if a newspaper headline says, "A woman was shot last week and the bullet's in her yet.", would that mean the bullet ended up in her dog...or it's in some part of the female anatomy that I'm unaware of?

Oh what the heck. The riddle wasn't the hoot...it was everybody's guesses. It was how funny it was to see how one guy with a really lame "riddle" led everybody around by their nose..for way too long. Then, one by one they all turned on him like Cujo yet he didn't give a flyin' flippo. Common guys, it was a fascinating process and it was funny...admit it and let's all have fun with the next one...ok.
thanks roger. now you are a real trader. real traders are never sore losers! i think livermore subscribed to that philosophy??

thanks roger. now you are a real trader. real traders are never sore losers! i think livermore subscribed to that philosophy??

I accept losses all the time .....of course losses happen.

In the context of THIS little story you put on here , it would be like trading and getting stopped out right away only to have your broker call you right after and say " you see that? You like how we just took you right out there ?? We own you"

So, if a newspaper headline says, "A woman was shot last week and the bullet's in her yet.", would that mean the bullet ended up in her dog...or it's in some part of the female anatomy that I'm unaware of?

I would reply to this but I have know clue what you are quoting me on??

did I post a response with all those funky smileys or something?

Roger ,

Yes I agree time to move on , we all got sucked in.

Not to change the subject here but I notice the "C" under your name and it stands for Coach.....just what exactly are you are coach of?

I'm a trading instructor for my company called Felton Trading. Something I've been doing for the past 17 years.

Hey, I think ole Patuca was having fun and just got a bit carried away...whole thing just strikes me funny.....

Okay I thought the riddle was pretty funny (although the Y should have been capitalized even though that would not have helped anybody). Your attempt to turn it into a lesson in trading psychology missed the mark though.

You came off more like just another little Napoleon that this industry seems to be riddled with. (See what I did there? the play on the word riddle hah)

I'm a trading instructor for my company called Felton Trading. Something I've been doing for the past 17 years.

Hey, I think ole Patuca was having fun and just got a bit carried away...whole thing just strikes me funny.....

OK thanks for answering.

well in the course of the discussions about the riddle i did say:

1) it was simple

2) the answer was right there in front of you (or something to that effect)

3) it was a stupid riddle

4) you would be mad

so i forewarned all. have a good evening. remember be careful what you listen to especially if it comes from me..:confused:

lesson to be learned: all the warning signs can be right there in front of us and we still get suckered into that bull/bear trap. don't ignore the warning signs.

Edited by Patuca

Roger ,

Yes I agree time to move on , we all got sucked in.

Not to change the subject here but I notice the "C" under your name and it stands for Coach.....just what exactly are you are coach of?

You mean you don't remember the Coach of the 1963 Texans? The man who invented the famous Divergence play in nickel formation. That play was trend setting, it took the team all the way to the double top.

JUST KIDDING..JUST KIDDING

"a man came to a bridge that crossed a railroad track. he went across the bridge but yet went around the bridge at exactly the same time. how did he do it?"

the answer is:

His Dog was named YET

Very nice. I can see why no one is ever able to solve it.

OK thanks for answering.

You bet, Gekko. I trade differently from just about anyone on the blue marble. If something isn't powerful, accurate and simple, I toss it. I've tossed a lot of junk over the years but every once in a while....

In trading, seems like to get the really good stuff, you have to make it yourself. But you may have discovered that already.

What happened to the riddles??

oh sh$t i gotta leave. here comes mighty mouse. i see he just entered the thread.

bye!

Relax, Patuca...MM's a good trader and actually a nice guy. Plus he complimented the stupid riddle....lol

Besides, traders gotta learn how to handle the tuff markets, too. MM is kinda like trading in chop in very low volume...but with a bottle of Jack Daniel in your hand. Ok, I gotta go work on a better analogy than that.....

Relax, Patuca...MM's a good trader and actually a nice guy. Plus he complimented the stupid riddle....lol

Besides, traders gotta learn how to handle the tuff markets, too. MM is kinda like trading in chop in very low volume...but with a bottle of Jack Daniel in your hand. Ok, I gotta go work on a better analogy than that.....

LOL

i don't like trading chop unless the chop is big

I have a riddle

You are locked in a room together with a forex trader from Belize, a spotted jaguar from Columbia, and an anaconda from Brazil

You have a firearm with two bullets.

What is your procedure?

bobc

I have a riddle

You are locked in a room together with a forex trader from Belize, a spotted jaguar from Columbia, and an anaconda from Brazil

What is your procedure?

bobc

Shoot the Forex trader TWICE

I have a riddle

What is your procedure?

bobc

Shoot the FX trader with one bullet.

Then shoot the lock off the door with the other and run.

?

Here's my puzzle:

The hokey-cokey - maybe that really is what 'its' all about?

I have a riddle

What is your procedure?

bobc

Shoot myself then let the FX trader figure it out.

Okay I thought the riddle was pretty funny (although the Y should have been capitalized even though that would not have helped anybody).
thanks..but capitalized?..why should i make it easy?... it was actually a dumb riddle but it does indicate we aren't as smart as we think we are since we can't figure out a stupid riddle when the answer is in the riddle itself.
Your attempt to turn it into a lesson in trading psychology missed the mark tho

ugh.

i have missed the mark many more times than i hit it in my life. "i succeed because i fail" it is hard to learn anything from a stupid riddle eh?

You came off more like just another little Napoleon that this industry seems to be riddled with. (See what I did there? the play on the word riddle hah)
like i said previousley "i don't care how i come across"... however, most traders come across arrogant like the "big Napoleon" that is why they lose and will continue to lose.

anyway it was done in fun with alot of tactics to divert people from the answer staring at them in the face the whole time. as i said earlier i did forewarn people but they still "fell" for it and got suckered in. such is human nature..

the one consolation everyone can have as they lick their wounds :rofl: :rofl::haha: IS NO ONE HAS EVER SOLVED THE RIDDLE THAT I KNOW OF. now einstein might have solved it but he is dead and his brain is in a jar somewhere. trade well :)

thanks..but capitalized?..why should i make it easy?... it was actually a dumb riddle but it does indicate we aren't as smart as we think we are since we can't figure out a stupid riddle when the answer is in the riddle itself. i have missed the mark many more times than i hit it in my life. "i succeed because i fail" it is hard to learn anything from a stupid riddle eh?

like i said previousley "i don't care how i come across"... however, most traders come across arrogant like the "big Napoleon" that is why they lose and will continue to lose.

anyway it was done in fun with alot of tactics to divert people from the answer staring at them in the face the whole time. as i said earlier i did forewarn people but they still "fell" for it and got suckered in. such is human nature..

the one consolation everyone can have as they lick their wounds :rofl: :rofl::haha: IS NO ONE HAS EVER SOLVED THE RIDDLE THAT I KNOW OF. now einstein might have solved it but he is dead and his brain is in a jar somewhere. trade well :)

Hummm....I still like my answer that the bridge made a 360 degree spiral as it crossed the tracks. He'd be going over the bridge and around it at the same time YET would be walking on all fours....LOL

Edited by Roger Felton

It's like the riddle a man comes into town on Friday stays two days and leaves on Friday. How does he do it?

Was the answer within the riddle yes however a lot is to be implied. We should have assumed then the man and his dog, cousin, or whoever yet would be came to the bridge together then yet decided to not cross and go around the bridge. If both parties came to the railroad tracks however yet was not at the foot of the bridge with the man at the start of the crossing and never met the man at the foot of the bridge on the other side then would yet have not went across the railroad tracks alongside of the bridge not necessarily around it.

Asking the question in the singular as in how did he do it as opposed to how did this happen and your reasoning was "he" applies to the man or the dog then it would change the answer to the riddle. If a man crossed a bridge, Yet went around the brigde, how did he do it? The answer then to me would be in a car, by foot etc. As in how did he cross, how did he go around?

Bored at work. Silly riddle. Had my whole family involved in this one they aren't happy hahahahaha.

I have a riddle

What is your procedure?

bobc

Was the forex trader also a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader? Might make a difference whether I want to escape.....