Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

pushpacares007

Dow Jones Industrial

Down Jones industrial is near its top in short term and very soon it can correct...

Risky assets in general are near decade highs and multi-year resistance, so in the absence of some new fundamental bullish catalyst like a very positive earnings season, there may be strong temptations to take profits

Today I was pretty sure that the Dow would tumble after the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Index turned out to be disappointing. It was a very unexpected turn of events and it actually hit a one-year low. But, guess what?

The Dow has actually continued to rise throughout the day and this has made me somewhat skeptical about purchasing any put options on this index or any of the other US ones.

The S&P 500 did fall with a 0.1 percent decline to 1,479.47. These markets are so erratic and hard to predict sometimes!

I wonder what you guys here feel the long-term effect of the UofMich survey will be? It hasn't made much effect on equities since the news broke, but I have found that the survey can have lasting effects.

I wonder if this spells doom for the Dow.

I wonder what you guys here feel the long-term effect of the UofMich survey will be?

the "long-term effect" of this UofMich survey on the indexes is best reported in micro-seconds. :)

the "long-term effect" of this UofMich survey on the indexes is best reported in micro-seconds. :)

Haha. I think the drop in the UofMich consumer index wasn't big enough to really affect the Dow this time around. Anyway, I am still going to be watching the Dow closely with APPL earnings being released on Wednesday.

APPL is pretty strong fundamentally despite the pullback that the stock price experienced over the last few months. The other thing is that the Cupertino, CA based firm made some pretty high component purchase commitments back when they were preparing for the holiday season.

I think AAPL will beat analyst expectations come Wednesday and so I am going with calls on both the Dow and the S&P 500. There about 80 earnings reports coming this week along with GOOG as well, so it should be a pretty big week for US equities.