Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Robert2617

Paint Bar Comparison

I was goofing off today and decided to compare three of the Paint Bar Indicators I have collected to see which one does the best job.

By the way, I hope everybody made a lot of money today the market was really moving. If you had only used PB's, you would have cleaned house. :)

The PBs top left I found on the TS forum last night and work very well and sport 3 colors. A warning color was added that shows weakness in the trend or a change is happening. This is my new friend.

Top right is TTM Trend PBs. Bottom left are my old "Modified HA" PBs that report eactly like TTM Trend PBs. See ya later.

Bottom right is regular colored candlesticks. I actually think these would be the best thing to use if you could read them. These are for the experts. Notice these are always the quickest to call direction but give mixed signals if you can't read the formations.

If anyone would like to try the 3 color PBs, let me know and I will post the eld.

paintbarcompare1.thumb.gif.6d8980c3dac77f00f1418992a2e6d341.gif

paintbarcompare2.thumb.gif.1f040c8c1151c0875ef5636ae0888fdf.gif

paintbarcompare3.thumb.gif.b05180f2be38c6aa7169b6944531e6e8.gif

paintbarcompare4.thumb.gif.eac1035a0536e7569ba113f88154f41f.gif

paintbarcompare5.thumb.gif.bf85fe1c60720644c2030ba6e906876c.gif

" If anyone would like to try the 3 color PBs, let me know and I will post the eld."

Hi Robert2167,

I just started a kind of exercise you probably have ended last year: comparing paint bar studies. I like this concept very much, because it's very straight forward, you don't place your trade against the trend and you exit the trade when the trend is over. If you could post the eld of the 3 color PB's I would appreciate that. I wonder if you still think this 3 color PB is "your best friend" and I am interested to hear what role the paint bars have in your trades?

Regards

Fredd

I wonder if those TTM paint bars are the same as John Carters work? If they are then I was able to assemble most of the squeeze system for quote tracker. Those TTM color bars are based on 6 and 8 EMA crossovers. Carter displays the 8 and 21 ema on chart, and use them to confirm an entry after a squeeze. They like to enter after a pullback to the 8 EMA. All of the previous strategy follows a bollanger/ keltner band squeeze.

I like the system very much. It looks decent on QT, I have the parameters if anyone wants them. I will wander a bit, if anyone wants to talk about indicators that generate market "squeeze" conditions that can be paintbarred.