Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Success & Failures

I started off trading in 2007 with 20 K in my hand - My broker instructed me not to trade with more then one mini lot and this would be the only way I will be successful and I started trading this way but as soon as I started earning good amount of money the greed factor came and I started trading with half lots and standard lots which infect gave me a good charm at start up but ultimately it went on the wrong side and I lost 75% of my portfolio within one week and then again I started trading as I started with ;-) I can say I am successful now.

I would like you to share your views what was your initial time while trading and was you successful or unsuccessful and what percentage do you expect while trading on a yeatly basis.

I have failed gloriously a few times in ten years.....

One time I was so stupid that I thought I could influence the trend with my paltry orders........

Another time I traded all night against the trend and got clobbered severely, lost most of my account...

My biggest mistakes have been caused by impatience and overtrading.

Once I got the hang of waiting things improved tremendously

I use very small lots and make many entries looking for small profits, hopefully increasing my account by a nice number each day.

I have failed gloriously a few times in ten years.....

One time I was so stupid that I thought I could influence the trend with my paltry orders........

Another time I traded all night against the trend and got clobbered severely, lost most of my account...

My biggest mistakes have been caused by impatience and overtrading.

Once I got the hang of waiting things improved tremendously

I use very small lots and make many entries looking for small profits, hopefully increasing my account by a nice number each day.

Do you trade actively - I wanted to know that what traders expert trading monthly , quarterly or yearly.

Success and failures are part of trading as market keeps going up and down constantly. I too had a slow start for trading in 2003 but gradually I learned the mechanism and today I can say I am a successful trader.

when some people new electronic devices they read the manual before using it...some just open the package and try to figure out on their own...

when I started trading, I had no idea about fundamentals and technical stuff...I would pick random stuff. I would buy stocks without any valid reason and hope they will skyrocket the next day. Some time later (after losing half of my investment) I noticed how stupid (or brave) I was because I was in a battle which I can not win.

then I started learning...I would read for hours at night, check the internet, find more sources...I have no idea how many weeks-months I spent using metastock...but at the end I learned how to survive and hunt...