Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bakrob99

Knight BLOWS UP with Algo Trading Software

That is what their business is. They have done well and typically represnet 10% of the share volume earning over $119 million but they made a software change and lost a bundle in a very short time.

It might be tough to actually test in real terms - but shouldn't they have a shutdown procedure that comes in before $440 Million down for the day !!

Unbelievable.

Anyway - I am kinda happy that the algo guys can screw up and are not winners every time.

Dear Knight Capital,

I wrote the following algorithm to assist you in your recovery and return to profitability:

For programmer=some to all Begin

If programmer<=dogshit then
donotemploy=true;

End;

Hope it helps,

BlueHorseshoe

ps. there's no need to keep it secret - everybody else already knows!

Edited by BlueHorseshoe

Dear Knight Capital,

I wrote the following algorithm to assist you in your recovery and return to profitability:

For programmer=some to all Begin

If programmer<=dogshit then
donotemploy=true;

End;

Hope it helps,

BlueHorseshoe

ps. there's no need to keep it secret - everybody else already knows!

they could hire you and save $440 mil/year ;)

they could hire you and save $440 mil/year ;)

Despite my sarcasm I'm no programmer - you only have to take a look at the number of stupid questions I ask over in the easylanguage forum to see that :)

Not that I'm saying no to the $440 mil however . . . You don't know anyone in HR at Knight by any chance, do you? :rofl:

BlueHorseshoe

Despite my sarcasm I'm no programmer - you only have to take a look at the number of stupid questions I ask over in the easylanguage forum to see that :)

Not that I'm saying no to the $440 mil however . . . You don't know anyone in HR at Knight by any chance, do you? :rofl:

BlueHorseshoe

thank god I don't :rofl: