Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GCB

TradeStation Matrix: Do You Like It?

Do you use it? Do you prefer it to other means of entering orders on TS? Was it hard to get used to? Are you glad you stuck with it, or do you prefer other methods of entering orders? If so, which ones?

The one beef I have with TS's matrix is the drop down menu for market orders.

I've already made one entry mistake using it, I hastly clicked the buy button instead of sell. *shrugs shoulders* what can I do other than don't make the same mistake twice, the ironic part was I was telling myself before hand NOT to click the buy button when there was a potential sell signal happening.

but it did take some time to get used to it and I like it. Any matrix is good when you have multiple exit orders, no mental math, just click and drag to your new price.

Infinity has an awesome platform or would say Transact has an awesome in which can be opened through Infinity.

They have seperate buy and sell buttons to click on, flatten position and reverse position button.

Once you get used to the matrix, there is a good possibilty you won;t go back to other forms of order entry.

The TS matrix has become better. I use hotkeys for buy and sell orders. The OSO bracket orders work nicely too. However, I would have to say that the Infinity AT is alot easier to use and probably much faster. TS has given me issues in the past... it does require alot of RAM to run.

I think everyone else apart from TS refers to it as the DOM. I can't see how anyone could trade futures without it. Interactive Brokers has there own BookTrader and lots of third party front-ends like ButtonTrader and BracketTrader. Also there's a free one from eSignal called VisionTrader that is compatible with different brokers. X Trader is for pros and is the most expensive but you can get it for free (apart from slightly higher commissions) with Global Futures and Velocity Futures.