Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JLOW

Trade Using 3 Different Time Frames

Dear Soul Trader

Thank you for making this website forum availabe to all. Could you help me understand how to trade using different timeframes. I've tried using MACD as the basis for determining trend but haven't been successful. Maybe it is because I don't fully understand the subtle nuances of the MACD e.g. angle of the crossover, etc.

Reading this stuff makes it difficult. Do you have a video for this?

Thanks a million,

JLOW

try removing MACD from your charts if it is too difficult to understand.

What you need to understand is price action and the relationship it has with volume. If you want to go even deeper, the psychology behind price and what causes it. hint, people cause price to move, not indicators. people use indicators as a reason to enter to make trade more measureable in terms of success and failure so they can make adjustments to their trading.

Spoting where there is more buying then selling and vice versa is more important than knowing how to use MACD or any other indicator or method.

some people swear by having an opinion about the markets, some swear by having no opinion about the markets. It really depends on your personality and temperment of what is best for you.

Soultrader,

Thank you for your prompt response. I tried watching the video but don't seem to be able to run it. I'll have to check with my IT friends as to why this is so. Your other videos were fine. It's just this one I'm having difficulty with.

WSAM29,

Do you know where I can learn price action and the relationship it has with volume? I just don't know where to start.

Regards

JLOW