Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

naz_turtle

Historical Intraday Stock Data

You can get 14 years of historical 1 minute data for all 500 stocks + 50 delisted instruments for $600. Visit this kinbot for more information.

I did some research on ki bot and from the info I gathered from various users/forums, the data quality is too dirty for use w/ back-testing. Data gaps, price spikes and unreliable volume/split adjustments appear to often in their data stream. A quick google search will show some of the bad examples. I couldn't get a straight answer from their support so I crossed them off my list.

naz_turtle,

the quality of their data is very easy to verify. I believe there are free sample files covering multiple years of 1 minute history for some symbols, which is something I could not find on other providers' sites.

There are plenty of providers nowadays, so I guess everyone should be able to easily find the solution simply by searching google or reading forums like this one.

All the best to you in your quest for finding a perfect money-making trading system :)

Good news guys. I did extensive searching of data providers the last couple weeks. And yes, there are lots of posts online regarding how bad Kibot's quality is so I would definitely avoid them.

In terms of price/quality, QuantQuote (Historical Intra-Day Stock Data) seems to be the most highly recommended, but at present, their product offering is limited to minute resolution US Equities.

I actually emailed them regarding second resolution data and they have told me that they are planning to release it within the next couple months and it won't be super expensive either. It's good that there's a data provider finally introducing second resolution historical intraday market/stock data. :cool:

In terms of price/quality, QuantQuote (Historical Intra-Day Stock Data) seems to be the most highly recommended, but at present, their product offering is limited to minute resolution US Equities.

swing_trader, as I said to your reply to my other post, Quant quote data cannot be trusted for back-testing and sims.

Also, do not trust the reviews as many are spam and SEO created. I can't believe the amount of spam that company generates. How many times can you mention survivorship bias without leaving a trail of suspicion.

Check our the quant forums for real data comparisons. And avoid Quant Quote if you want accurate results.

naz_turtle, can you elaborate on your comments about QuantQuote? I'm currently looking for data and I'm considering to purchase from them. From what I can gather on the internet, QuantQuote seems to have the most reliable and highest quality historical intraday stock data.

I searched around for QuantQuote reviews and found the following link:

Historical Stock Data

I think it is unlikely that a fake review would be posted on the official website of a research group at a prestigious university. What is the reasoning behind your comments?