Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MP Wizard

Murry Math

Guest FLX

You have to watch your self w/ MM. Your better off using pivots and trend lines. Some formula are not accurate at all and must be avoided at all cost.

They change to much through out the day, and give a false readings. There is only one that works and it is for forex that i have on file. The Guy is gone now so i can not give you his address. FLX

yea, I did try it, it gives false signals, it moves :rolleyes: .... Floor traders pivots, mP levels dont move... more robust aproach... even Dynamic levels (bands) are more reliable.... thought since I am on this forum I am learning to strongly capitalize from mp levels (value areas)... they are incredible¡¡¡ cheers Walter

Thanks, FLX but you must have the wrong MM. Mine does not change anytime during the day. You need to uncheck UPDATE EVERY TICK. By the way you must not know to much about MP because the VALUE AREAS move all day long also. So how can you make a statement like that. My MM stays just as steady as it can on the right side of my page.

Mp : about moving Value areas... you probably are using a dynamic real time value area wich its not much reliable... most TL traders use previous days Value Areas, so they are fixed levels.... I get them myself on this site Daily Notes for Day Traders | Pivot Points for Index Futures and more , about MM It depends wich version you use, I did use one that would at certain point re-adjust entirely and what was a "pivot" would not be it any more... depends I believe on what verion of MM you are.... cheers Walter.

MP Wizard, the developing value area holds no value during the day it's being formed. MP traders will trade on the value area of the previous day because that is the value that has been established. Things can't be established if they are still in the process of moving. Check out Mind Over Markets. It's the best MP book out there. All of my trades are strictly based on Market Profile.

Guest FLX

The indicators in trade station do work but, only on a 60 min chart which i dont use at this time. I like to have the pivot on my tick charts that is the problem.

I creat my own pivot levels with several formulas which i place on a sheet before the market opens and they know the major buy and sell area in advance. The main thing it tell me if it is a buy or sell day before the market open.

Today you did not have to look very far to know what the market would do all you had to do is look at the trin and the currencies to determine direction!

Guest FLX

I have checked the Russell and the mm is right on, the dow it does not work so well and the SP i give it a 70% for pivot accuracy using the muerry math levels on a 60 minite chart unless your have a better MM indicator. Flx

I will watch it for a few days on the russell this might be very interesting!

FLX :Can you share some snapshots ? are you using Tradestation ? is it posible to share your eld ? the one I used time ago was on esignal... never had one on TS.... would love to try it, IF it doesnt change... cheers Walter.

Guest FLX

Show me how to place the image, and later today we will have it up.

Please supply some TS indicators to test out MM, because the one i have from ts forum is not worth a S__T! Line go on and off the screen and disappears. The image is available at this time! FLX

Guest FLX

Where can i find the correct indicator...... MM level that plot properly and we might be in business. Where can we find the right muerry math level indicator anybody for tradestation! Can you help WP Wizard! FLX

Guest FLX

Good new the MM level new release in TS works fine on a ER2 60m chart (ONLY) they have corrected the problem. There was several trades that you could have made money on last week using a simple system i developed. I was using a 40ema cross and enter on a 317 tick chart. It work very well.

1. MM levels Must cross the Yellow upper or lower line. 7/8 Up and 1/8 down

2. Price will reverse wait for the 40ema to cross enter the trade

3. First wave is good for at least 1.00 to 1.60.

4 Second wave wait for it to touch the 20ema

5. When price touches the 20ema look to enter the trade at that point for wave three that is the largest wave up/down.

6. Always look at news or cmbc TV! This could effect the trade!

7. Use the 20 and the 40EMa to provide a place for your stop

Trade at your own risk!

Guest FLX

The only time you might have a problem is right around News releases! Use the upper and lower bands ( extreme price levels) on the Murry levels for reversal to take place during news events!

flx: to place images on the post you can use the attach button, then browse for the image file you want to show and upload it.... it will be easier to see pictures of what you are talking about, sounds interesting... cheers Water.

Guest FLX

Picture requested, ER2 Friday 2/16/07. Located upper right hand side. Let me know if it look like yours. Flx It look over sold at this time, waiting for a correct. The sell number is 819.78..........buy number is 814.2514. Price will bounce around these number all day! Good Luck!

flx: I have 2 questions: did does MM levels where there all day since the begining of the session like PP levels ?( didnt change during the day) could we see the 317 t chart to understand better your timing on entry, I like your rules there.... cheers Walter.

Yes, would love to see some Music Math charts and discussion. I don't use it, but I do think there is something there.

Has anyone read the book or taken the classes? How acurate are the various versions of the indicators that can be found if they are not the actual ones based on the harvest?

Guest FLX

The best way to handle this is a trend line break on the 317 TK. That would be the entry rule that if momentum is sinking below the ZERO. Use the Macd that would also work to confirm a down move it is that simple.

A Russell possible top

B look for a 123 formation let say on the 5 min chart W formation

c Mom drop below zero line

d macd drop below the zero line or point down

e Watch for news and reports

We might have another day up before price pull back.

Day after the PRES> holiday that might push the market up!

I have a strong buy signal.

The chart clearly says on 60m chart that a top is in place!

Sorry, we dont have that music math chart, I dont play the fiddle. FLX

Give these a try. Found it a few days ago in TS Forum. A bit complicated so I'm attaching the notes to go with the indicator. I haven't done the homework nor have the book so please don't ask. Would be great if there's an expert here to share how they work. Thanks.

Thanks for the share.

I've noticed that the ind. is a 'ELD' file. Have you got something for Metatrader MT4 ?

Mave

This is an old thread but personally I like MM.....I wonder if it's because you haven't used this one. If anyone can convert it into Ninja Code that would be awesome!

[LegacyColorValue = true];

Inputs: Tolerance(5);

Vars: TolMult(minmove/pricescale);

Arrays: mmlines[13](0);

Vars: SR(0), SS(0), MidS(0), MidR(0), Pvt(0), TickSize(tolerance * tolmult);

Value1 = MML(mmlines);

SS = round2fraction(mmlines[2]);

MidS = round2fraction(mmlines[4]);

Pvt = round2fraction(mmlines[6]);

MidR = round2fraction(mmlines[8]);

SR = round2fraction(mmlines[10]);

if H > SR - TickSize and L <= SR + ticksize then