Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Aussie3228

AudUSd

Hi Folks, This is my first post. I am looking to sell oz next week at 1.0254 (61.8)with a stop around 1.0400.Looking for a move towards .97. I only trade the oz and it's crosses and have been doing so for about 10 years now.Only look at weekly,daily and 60 mins charts.

Hi Bob,

Only trade technicals.Nothing else.

I am selling because it broke below 1.0157.

Also I like to sell 61.8% fib retacements on daily swings.

See what happens.

Aussie

Hi Aussie

Whats the other side of this short?

The euro?

I hope its not the $US

Kind regards

bobc

yep going to short it. Stop above 1.0400. Will leave an order to sell tonight Melbourne time.

Well Aussie,

There are 86 000 members on TL

If you get this right, you will be a hero.

Lots and lots of members will be watching you

Kind regards

bobc

PS Have you ever read Eddie Koppel

AUD/USD is sell on rallies (target 0.9970 at least), successful close above 1.3315 would change the scenario though imvho

Hi Eurocat

Great name.

Why do you what to short the $AUD/ USD?

Kind regards

bobc

Hi Eurocat,

Ended up getting short at 1.0126 my stop is at 1.0170 now.

Hopefully it will keep going down :)

When I enter a trade I just work out at what point I am wrong and put my stop at that number.So I always work out risk first.

I let the market do the rest.

I always use trailing stops

Win some lose some.

I was waiting for a close below 1.0090 to confirm bearish outlook and it happened..next an expected retracement to the broken support level (1.0160) and turned to south. it was down to 0.9981...seems i was wrong 11 pips...i was expecting 0.9970...anyway, I still prefer sell on rallies strategy to go to 0.9820/0.9780 area

Hi, I basically trade the same way.Wait for a break of a level and then buy or sell the retracement. Work off the higher timeframes with about 3 hours actual screen time max per day.Levergae of no more than 3:1 and risk about 2% per trade.Get my stop to break even as soon as possible so I get a free look at it .

Hi, nice entry.

Just wondering how you manage your trade. Your target of 97 is 400 odd pips away, do you go all in all out, or take profit along the way, or trail your stop?..... or maybe you add! :cool:

...anyway nice call.

Hi,

I open 3 lots and take 1 lot off at around 100 pips or whatever I can get after 48 hours.Then I trail my stop to about 5 pips above previous days high. If I get stopped out I will re-enter if I think the trend is still valid. I have been trading fx for about 10 years and found that day trading just doesn't work for me.Also I hate sitting on the screen.So if I get in a decent trade I give it a bit of room and hopefully it will last days or even a week or so.

I like the way you do it. But don't you think that trailing the initial stop to BE too soon can take you out too early ? I often get in that situation .

.Get my stop to break even as soon as possible so I get a free look at it .

Edited by kuokam

Hi Folks, This is my first post. I am looking to sell oz next week at 1.0254 (61.8)with a stop around 1.0400.Looking for a move towards .97. I only trade the oz and it's crosses and have been doing so for about 10 years now.Only look at weekly,daily and 60 mins charts.

Trailing stop hit at .9990

Flat now until next year.

Have fun all.

Hi Eurocat,

Ended up getting short at 1.0126 my stop is at 1.0170 now.

Hopefully it will keep going down :)

When I enter a trade I just work out at what point I am wrong and put my stop at that number.So I always work out risk first.

I let the market do the rest.

I always use trailing stops

Win some lose some.

Stopped .9990. See what happens in the new year.

Stopped .9990. See what happens in the new year.

Nice profit:)

AUD bulls hit 1.0380 wall but I have a feeling that we may see that number again soon...Anyway, waiting for another breakout meanwhile...If it can break 1.0380 then 1.0480/1.0500 next, however a close below 1.0280 indicates it will go back to 1.0170

audusd.thumb.jpg.fdac1c0ed94b313f97c0b02a1f3122bb.jpg

Will buy above 10390

AUD bulls hit 1.0380 wall but I have a feeling that we may see that number again soon...Anyway, waiting for another breakout meanwhile...If it can break 1.0380 then 1.0480/1.0500 next, however a close below 1.0280 indicates it will go back to 1.0170

Bulls are trying to break that wall at the moment, you have great feeling I should say:)