Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

lylec305

Easylanguage Day Trading Results

Day trading FAS using my prog on 1 minute chart. Similar results on FAZ, TNA, TZA and more. Back tested for months, now live. The signals are also used for manual entering options trading. Anyone using easylanguage to automate options trading?

MyEasyLangFAS1.thumb.JPG.39a08acd328779f68906129b8cc69651.JPG

If you're interested in comments and suggestions then posting an open source text of the code will probably be necessary to create interest in it. We're already aware you have a low opinion of your strategy, because it would be unreasonable to have posted pictures of it's signals if you valued it.

Given the info posted so far, I could write code that parallels it's signals. It's more time than it's worth to me, but for others such as yourself, although you already know your own code, this is probably the best way to learn.

If I'm mistaken, and your not interested in hearing comments about your strategies strengths and weaknesses, or learning how to improve it, .. then your attempting to create a public record of it's results?

If you're interested in comments and suggestions then posting an open source text of the code will probably be necessary to create interest in it. We're already aware you have a low opinion of your strategy, because it would be unreasonable to have posted pictures of it's signals if you valued it.

Given the info posted so far, I could write code that parallels it's signals. It's more time than it's worth to me, but for others such as yourself, although you already know your own code, this is probably the best way to learn.

If I'm mistaken, and your not interested in hearing comments about your strategies strengths and weaknesses, or learning how to improve it, .. then your attempting to create a public record of it's results?

"We're aware" ? You are talking for everyone one on this board, even me. That's a fine way to introducing yourself. Anyone can criticize, even you. So far you are not creditable. I started this thread to share results. Let's see your daily results. Then we can compare notes. Did you read the first paragraph? I am coding my options strategy but have not come across easylanguage with equity options. I am coding option functions but prefer not to work in a vacume.

BTW i have over 25 yrs coding experience but only a few a months with easylanguage, but it's simple enough, looks like pascal. It's the strategy that takes years to refine. My work at the exchange comes in handy, SME and my team developed the exchange generated strategies.

So what is it, that you want to share? So far you have only shared your thoughts on what I said. And what you think everyone else is saying. On what i said, as you can see, you were wrong. People like you make me feel sorry i am even on this board.

...The signals are also used for manual entering options trading. Anyone using easylanguage to automate options trading?

A few years ago Tradestation had a forum and there were threads at the Tradestation forum for "automation options trading". You should start there to find other easylanguage users that are using automation for options trading.

Community | TradeStation

The "we" in my note is a reference to everyone who writes automated strategies ... everywhere. So yes that includes you. It not only permissions your passage through that logic gate but demands it and leaves you no other open gates other than the logic that exists after you acknowledge we (including you) already know you don't value your strategy.

The "we" in my note is a reference to everyone who writes automated strategies ... everywhere. So yes that includes you. It not only permissions your passage through that logic gate but demands it and leaves you no other open gates other than the logic that exists after you acknowledge we (including you) already know you don't value your strategy.

You have no right to speak on behave of me or anyone else. You are not creditable. So keep you opinions to yourself. There is always someone in the peanut gallary. Seems like you are front and center.

Are these Day_Trading_Results your real trading results or the hypothetical results of an over-optimized backtest?

Do you offer any services to traders that requires paying you a fee?

Is there anything else in the form of disclosure that would be helpful to have up front.

Edited by onesmith

Are these Day_Trading_Results your real trading results or the hypothetical results of an over-optimized backtest? Do you offer any services to traders that requires paying you a fee? Is there anything else in the form of disclosure that would be helpful to have up front.

I trade my own account between assignments, I have many results much better than posted. I am an IT consultant for large corporations outside of day trading. I see you are attempting to promote your easylanguage consulting. Please do not consider me as competition, we are in differant leagues.

I guess if I make money at it. It's no longer a hobby. But it's a great way to pay for toys...

Are these Day_Trading_Results your real trading results or the hypothetical results of an over-optimized backtest?

Do you offer any services to traders that requires paying you a fee?

Is there anything else in the form of disclosure that would be helpful to have up front.

lylec305 is registered as a coach with this forum. You can tell by hovering your mouse over the "C" under his username.

however I do not see you registered as a vendor. Is that an oversight? or your intention not to disclose?

hey Tams,I have nothing forsale, never have and never will.

What are your thoughts about these Day_Trading_Results?

9 out of 10 trades are winners.

if the results make him happy, so be it.

if noobie wants to engage him because of these postings, so much more power for him.

I don't usually get impressed by anything that is not fully disclosed.

This is a discussion forum, if he wants to talk, I am all for it.

If he wants to sell... I will pass. I have my own system, thank you very much.

Just a comment on the results posted here:

In the long-term, having super high winning pcts in combination with super high payoff ratios (i.e., avg win / avg loss) don't exist. They have an inverse relationship.

If you are at 90% or better, it's even more likely that your payoff ratio will be no higher than 0.50 (risking $2 for every $1 you expect to make). Actually, it's probably closer to 0.30.

I wish I were wrong but I'm not. Show me 500+ consecutive trades and you will see the convergence for yourself. If you don't, then there's a mistake in the coding of the algorithm which has introduced forward-looking knowledge. If you still don't believe me, then show me 100+ consecutive real-time trades (something like an Interactive Brokers sim-trade account is sufficient) and that will take care of all doubts without anyone having to risk money to get the point across.

If you want to gain 4 or 5 times what you risk on a regular basis, then you'll find that the winning pct is more in the 30-40% area long-term. A nice surprise of a stable 30% winning pct system is that you can even experience upwards of 40 to 1 reward to risk opportunities, given that you add during the trade in equal increments along the way.

Just a comment on the results posted here:

In the long-term, having super high winning pcts in combination with super high payoff ratios (i.e., avg win / avg loss) don't exist. They have an inverse relationship.

If you are at 90% or better, it's even more likely that your payoff ratio will be no higher than 0.50 (risking $2 for every $1 you expect to make). Actually, it's probably closer to 0.30.

I wish I were wrong but I'm not. Show me 500+ consecutive trades and you will see the convergence for yourself. If you don't, then there's a mistake in the coding of the algorithm which has introduced forward-looking knowledge. If you still don't believe me, then show me 100+ consecutive real-time trades (something like an Interactive Brokers sim-trade account is sufficient) and that will take care of all doubts without anyone having to risk money to get the point across.

If you want to gain 4 or 5 times what you risk on a regular basis, then you'll find that the winning pct is more in the 30-40% area long-term. A nice surprise of a stable 30% winning pct system is that you can even experience upwards of 40 to 1 reward to risk opportunities, given that you add during the trade in equal increments along the way.

I agree with you, no argument here. The day trade charts i posted look nice on the 1 minute though. I also manually day trade along with my auto trades. Just wondering if anyone else auto day trading...

I've never had and never will have any code, programming or consulting services forsale. I've never needed to sell the code I write. Nothing in my past or my future makes me a vendor or a coach. I despise that category of failed traders that feels it's necessary to fleece sheep to finance their trading losses.

Don't be fooled. I have private messages...

I will ask again...can you post more than 1 day of results? 1 day doesn't impress me at all...if anything with your hostile responses to people, seems its all fake.

Just saying...if you want to be taken seriously, show real results over the past 3 months, not 1 day lol:rofl:

ok go for it, so we can take you seriously. Another addition to the peanut gallery.

It's not a peanut gallery. You must understand on a forum where people share ideas, say...hey guys look at my huge D*ck....I can make 90% winners, $500 in a day...and only post 1 day of probably simulated backtested results.

If anyone were to actually take you serious you would have to post what you are doing and how you are doing it...also more than 1 freaking day of results. Otherwise, you are just like all the other idiots who say they can make you a millionaire with only $1k deposit:crap:

It's not a peanut gallery. You must be a complete moron to come on a forum where people share ideas, say...hey guys look at my huge D*ck....I can make 90% winners, $500 in a day...and only post 1 day of probably simulated backtested results.

If anyone were to actually take you serious you would have to post what you are doing and how you are doing it...also more than 1 freaking day of results. Otherwise, you are just like all the other idiots who say they can make you a millionaire with only $1k deposit:crap:

Think about what you just said. I posted my results, you think they're not real but you post nothing. Before shooting your mouth off, let's see what you have. You most likely have nothing to share ...