Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Don4

efx group

Hi don4, I use MBTrading, which is based on the same platform as EFX (check these 2 sites and you'll see what I mean, I'm also in the yahoo group that is using the API on this platform and they mentioned MBT and EFX interchangeably). No problems for live account, best non-dealing desk so far, fills are immediate and very consistent quotes.

You can setup a mini-account and test it out yourself. Been with them 3 years now, 6 months with their FX platform.

thanks torero,thats prob what i will do ,start with a small account and see how i like it, do u think the level 2 window has any value in the world of forex.

My opinion is level 2 is just as unreliable on stocks and futures as it is in forex, lots of head game as well. I don't even look at level 2 for either market, only charts and Time and Sales for futures (more reliable because it recorded all the transactions instead of likely transactions). Unfortunately, forex has no time and sales nor volume, so only charts and a few indicators (pivots, fibs, S/R) are the only tools I use. But then again, most if not all forex traders have no access to T&S nor volume either.

My opinion is level 2 is just as unreliable on stocks and futures as it is in forex, lots of head game as well. I don't even look at level 2 for either market, only charts and Time and Sales for futures (more reliable because it recorded all the transactions instead of likely transactions). Unfortunately, forex has no time and sales nor volume, so only charts and a few indicators (pivots, fibs, S/R) are the only tools I use. But then again, most if not all forex traders have no access to T&S nor volume either.

I was about 2 seconds from opening an account with them. I wouldn't even think about a forex broker that does not have volume. Volume is activity and thus tick volume works fine. Since e-signal is a partner of MB trading and they offer volume information, why can't you get it Torero?

For good and bad, I understand the importance of volume now. The good is I can track what the Smart Money is doing. The bad, I am shackled to the few brokers that are willing to lift the veil of secrecy and make the playing field more even.

P.S. I don't use Time & Sales, but after seeing what it has done for Soultrader, I would love a Forex broker that had that too. Maybe the EC is the contract to trade (see other thread).

From what I understand, forex does not provide volume (true volume) because of the decentralized marketplace. If you get volume, then it might be incomplete or not true representation of the entire picture of all the transactions that go on. Maybe Buk and Tex can clear this up as they have been trading forex longer than I have (many times over), I'm just starting out and from research it's what I understood.

EC because it's traded in an exchange, all volume is recorded there, so if volume is paramount for your strategy, then you might be better off with EC rather than forex itself. I'm just more comfortable with forex now than ever, even without volume. One thing that comforts me is that no one see true volume (except banks that see their own clients' order flow, but their own clients only and not the entire marketplace) so we're almost at level playing field. For the moment, without volume, I'm doing ok, it comes down to price action and a few indicators suffice for now.

Of course, all this yapping from me can be wrong. What do I know? I'm just a newbie.

Hello Fellow traders,

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. As far as I know Tick volume from a good data vendor is a good sub. for volume in Forex.

Many Regards,

Emile