Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wsam29

Trading Rules that Work: The 28 Essential Lessons Every Trader Must Master

I don't know what else to say but this guys material is worth its weight in gold times 10.

Jason goes into detail on a psychologial level as to why these rules need to be followed. Along with his webinars from the CBOT, he explains how the trading environment thinks and goes about its daily business.

If you are struggling with your consistancy in trading, chances are it's your thought process and not any system that you are following that is the problem. Even a winning system will not work if you are not thinking the same way winning traders are. His book address those issues.

I just wish this book was published sooner, it would have saved me years of anguish and not to mention money...but you don't learn unless you lose and look in the mirror to see the problem.

No, it just explains how and why these rules work, its up to the reader to implment them into their trading.

But just think about what you have done after you made a trade is what this book focuses on, minimizing mistakes.

I suggest watching his webinars first from CBOT.

Each one of us has our own issues and those rules will either help you or they won't, but at least you'll understand why you do the things you do in the first place.

The goal is to become your own trading shrink and not replying on someone else to solve your issues.

There is no point having a trading plan if you cannot follow it.

You can't follow the plan because you don't understand why you need to follow the rules.

It's a viscious circle of "you won't get it, until you get it". My eiphany occured after reading his book.

And believe me, its already had a huge impact on my trading results.

What your main objective is as a new trader is to understand yourself. The only way to do that is to lose money. From losing money, you learn what not to do in order to make money. In order to make money you need to follow the rules. When you follow the rules you will be able to follow your plan.

Can anyone agree with this author that bull markets are an aberration? That all markets are inherently bearish? This sounds just crazy if you can take a look at - for a more conclusive proof - 100 year charts of stocks and commodities.

His writing is interesting but boy too unusual for its own, or a reader's, good.

Jason has some great ideas in this book, and I congratulate him for the time and effort. I have the book and refer to it from time to time.

I actually think that the personality of Jason is the most interesting part of this book. He is a man of many disguises, almost a chameleon who comes and goes like a shape shifter through the land of traders. He doesn't say much, but he listens a lot and wants you to talk to him so he can learn about you, even if he doesn't talk back.

Have I ever met him? Unfortunately no. I would love to spend time with him because he has mastered among the most challenging of trading skills, i.e. learning how other traders think and do by having them tell him without his asking. If that is not genius, then what is?

My hat is off to you, Jason---wherever you are!

Thanks!

Doctor Janice

He used to roam around here and often visited the chat room where I would attempt to ask him some psychology related questions. I really liked the way he thinked and approached the markets. Theres also an interesting interview he did with Traders Interview for those who might be interested.

Interesting interview, there are some brutal truths in there, great stuff. I think I'll re-read his book this weekend.

At the end of the interview he mentions a web site where there are links to his stuff (proedgefx) I could find nothing. Has he moved on somewhere else now?

Cheers,

Nick.

I like the author's wording: "you are trading your hypothesis". In general, he has a knack to formulate old trading terms in a new way. Today I traded my hypothesis that the market will provide opportunity on the long side (despite the -5% of Nikkei and Hang Seng for a good morning). There is a trading maxim that says "trade what you see, not what you think". Perhaps too simplistic. Perhaps one should first think over his hypothesis and only then see if during the trading day some evidence supporting it unfolds. So I didn't trade from the short side even though I could see quite clearly the sell signals that occured during the day. Not in my hypothesis for today. The long side proved better today, although the short side also had some merits -before Fed abruptly stepped in (probably actively opposing the hypothesis of markets' inherent bearishness). No, I did not think even for a moment where the other guy is going to quit - that will always remain a secret to me.

Once again, a thought provoking book, although the title would suggest a more classic approach - suggesting that every trader needs to master this particular, in fact somewhat idiosyncratic, approach. Cheers, enjoy!

Jason has some great ideas in this book, and I congratulate him for the time and effort. I have the book and refer to it from time to time.

I actually think that the personality of Jason is the most interesting part of this book. He is a man of many disguises, almost a chameleon who comes and goes like a shape shifter through the land of traders. He doesn't say much, but he listens a lot and wants you to talk to him so he can learn about you, even if he doesn't talk back.

Have I ever met him? Unfortunately no. I would love to spend time with him because he has mastered among the most challenging of trading skills, i.e. learning how other traders think and do by having them tell him without his asking. If that is not genius, then what is?

My hat is off to you, Jason---wherever you are!

Thanks!

Doctor Janice

Hi Janice,

Agree....

Buy the way I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your post, specially those that deal with the inerworld of the individual and how it relates to Trading.

Thanks.