Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

39.00, 36.00 just shifted, 36.00

Tom

Are we talking Reg Value areas or Volume Value areas? Tom

Good point. I think Josh and I are talking about Volume VA and you are on MP VA right?

Didnt prompt you because it's a beta.

did that work for you too Josh?

You mean install older version? I dare not do that, it scares me :)

I've found several bugs in the 10.5s that the guys have been nice enough to fix very quickly, so I trust that any issues will get sorted out. I'm already using new features of 10.5 so I will stick with it.

Good point. I think Josh and I are talking about Volume VA and you are on MP VA right?

Didnt prompt you because it's a beta.

Yes..sorry ofr confusion..

VVAH: 38.50, DVPOC 36.00, VVAL: 35.75

Tom

You mean install older version? I dare not do that, it scares me :)

I've found several bugs in the 10.5s that the guys have been nice enough to fix very quickly, so I trust that any issues will get sorted out. I'm already using new features of 10.5 so I will stick with it.

10.5 beta 6. If you have it in your download folder, just install it and it is fine.

As of this moment 2:24 EST, volume based RTH profile, I have 1336 VPOC, 37.50 VAH, 34.50 VAL

I have 1336.00 vpoc, 38.50vah, 35.50val

So which version that has the enhancements is ok? Or I could just wait for the regular relaease... Tom

Since you didn't know about it, and don't need anything, I'd wait to be honest. I just like to try new software features. The best one so far for me personally, and maybe this was even in the 10.4 series but I don't know, is that I can put TICK on top of my 500V ES and have them line up.

These values are for beta 6?

yup. I think they're good.

So which version that has the enhancements is ok? Or I could just wait for the regular relaease... Tom

I'd just give it until say beta 10 or 11 if I were you Tom. The only thing I have started using is the DVPOC on the profile indicator.

yup. I think they're good.

I'd just give it until say beta 10 or 11 if I were you Tom. The only thing I have started using is the DVPOC on the profile indicator.

I don't need any of it right now probably..but I do like to check out what is new..also anytime they make it more efficient is great...

Chad is the best... Tom

BTW, I nibbled on a long down here... only because we went for some stops and have a dble test... Also the profile is "leaning" North... Maybe there will be a squirt up to that 40.00 level and maybe a bit beyond...

I've seen spaghetti stuck on a wall move faster than this...

Tom

Days like this can really set me back.. After a Chopfest I have a tough time getting in sync and recovering... I have in the past done (retail) scalping but the cost is too high to make it worthwhile.. Today's trade you have to be nimble and shoot for apx 3pts on rotations... not the end of the world but there is really no room for slop...

This weekend I will take today apart and replay the heck out of it... Anytime I have a losing day I consider it part of my continuing ed, tuition...

One thing I hate is having to repeat the course... :crap:

I am fortunate that I do well most days but the darn Chop is where I work hard for very little or it costs me for the adventure...

What has always grounded me, especiaslly daytrading is that I can have 100% winners one day - usually once or twice a week and then using the same methodology with a different market condition..get beat up..

I am not yet able to recognize change until I have waded into the poop... for a few trades..

Just throwing this out there just in case someone else has this experience also...

Regards,

Tom

Edited by roztom

lol Tom ...

yes 6.50 RTH range so far... back to 86% of 20d median volume. Ouch. But the median 20 day RTH range is only 10.25, so not a very exciting market this year so far.

On a current note, delta is still way down on the day ... not the kind of day you generally want to try to be long, though that can all change. On the other hand, that move down to 35 took delta to new lows on the day by far, but we only got about 70% pullback in price. So, bids are strong enough at least to hold it above low.

lol Tom ...

yes 6.50 RTH range so far... back to 86% of 20d median volume. Ouch. But the median 20 day RTH range is only 10.25, so not a very exciting market this year so far.

On a current note, delta is still way down on the day ... not the kind of day you generally want to try to be long, though that can all change. On the other hand, that move down to 35 took delta to new lows on the day by far, but we only got about 70% pullback in price. So, bids are strong enough at least to hold it above low.

What's the volume compared with the 20d median if you start the session from say 11am or 12pm EST?

What's the volume compared with the 20d median if you start the session from say 11am or 12pm EST?

65% of median since about 11:45am. It was at this point that the volume went from being ahead of pace to behind pace. This does not take into account day of the week, however, so for a Friday we might be only 85% or so of median, just a guess there though.

65% of median since about 11:45am. It was at this point that the volume went from being ahead of pace to behind pace. This does not take into account day of the week, however, so for a Friday we might be only 85% or so of median, just a guess there though.

change the session and see...

(maybe that's easier said than done)

change the session and see...

(maybe that's easier said than done)

Yes it's a little easier said than done, at this moment anyway. IRT does not do median of day specific, only mean, and mean is statistically not as robust so I prefer median for these calculations. Either way, the exact number not that important, bottom line is it's a slow afternoon :)

Just to keep things straight I am out of my last position..I should have taken the wife on a European Vacation instead...

I just looked out the window it is snowing like crazy..almost can't see across the street..maybe that's it!!! I couldn't see my screen :missy:

Regards,

Tom

Just to keep things straight I am out of my last position..I should have taken the wife on a European Vacation instead...

I just looked out the window it is snowing like crazy..almost can't see across the street..maybe that's it!!! I couldn't see my screen :missy:

Regards,

Tom

Just don't take her to Greece! :rofl:

Just don't take her to Greece! :rofl:

Oppa.. (I think) Music from Zorba The Greek playing here..going to crush some grapes, make some wine... and drink it all..:helloooo:

Thanks for a great week... Have a teriffic weekend...

Tom