Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

I would like to ask a question.

Assuming, in Live trading, Nico made $1.3million in one day, and he said"No more"

Would Oanda pay him out?

Or that matter, would any Forex provider pay out?

regards

bobc

I would like to ask a question.

Assuming, in Live trading, Nico made $1.3million in one day, and he said"No more"

Would Oanda pay him out?

Or that matter, would any Forex provider pay out?

regards

bobc

I am going to test it for you ;)

I think opening 600 positions is more impressive..so far i did only 10 :roll eyes:

I thought these swings in account balance were impossible with Oanda. How is that possible with 50% leverage?

50:1 is not the same as 50% Assuming he stayed with the $100K that the acct opens with, he could open a pos of $1.3 mil which comes out to $130 per Pip.

Still does not explain anything. I never tried it but I think Ingot said you could enter with Oanda's MT4 platform. Maybe he was using a BOT?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice gain Ingot !

:) ... if the NZDUSD doesn't get a move on, in the direction I have it, then it will be the opposite come sunrise in Oz!

So Nico is bounced on a 20%+ drawdown from peak, not because he had a 20% drawdown from his starting equity? His drawdown from starting equity is only 13%.

That might make it rough on a trend trader like me ... if I do find an entry that runs in my favor, it is not unusual for me to give a good bit of it back before my trailing stop is hit. Would not a 20% drawdown from initial equity be more reasonable?

The demo starts you off with 100K you can add or subtract only before the contest starts to whatever amount you like.

Firm 20% DD rule this time. :)

:) i actually like the DD rule.

i'm thinking maybe by 2013 june i can fix my DDs :)

i fit the blow-up trader personality anyway and psychologically that will take many months work to undo.

:) i actually like the DD rule.

i'm thinking maybe by 2013 june i can fix my DDs :)

i fit the blow-up trader personality anyway and psychologically that will take many months work to undo.

Don't give up, keep working on it. I blew 3 live accts my first year.

Not yet.

What's the consensus everyone ? Should we continue?

It's a bit flat at the moment, and the week looks like remaining that way, market-wise.

I normally would not be continuing in the current format, as my trading TF is forcing me to take short-cuts to avoid the draw-down I might normally use. If we lifted limits, and extended TF I could easily see this contest as having further value for me.

But it is not about me - it is about learning from the experience, I would think. I don't mind not filling a place at the end of the month, if it means making up the numbers and perhaps eventually sharing some strategy.

I'll go with the consensus.

It's a bit flat at the moment, and the week looks like remaining that way, market-wise.

I normally would not be continuing in the current format, as my trading TF is forcing me to take short-cuts to avoid the draw-down I might normally use. If we lifted limits, and extended TF I could easily see this contest as having further value for me.

But it is not about me - it is about learning from the experience, I would think. I don't mind not filling a place at the end of the month, if it means making up the numbers and perhaps eventually sharing some strategy.

I'll go with the consensus.

Is everyone cool with raising the DD to 30%, and making the next contest 2 months? ( Would start Nov 1st and run to end of year ).

Is everyone cool with raising the DD to 30%, and making the next contest 2 months? ( Would start Nov 1st and run to end of year ).

actually i recommend the DD be left at 20% or lower. it is really a skill that must be learnt before trading live. :)

30% is fine for me.

PS: maybe the month of december can run for 2 months due to the holiday overlap?

I like that better.! month for Nov with a 30% DD.

Then we we try 2 months Dec and Jan with a 30% DD.

I have not set anything up yet so people can still weigh in.