Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

matdog

tape

Very interesting tape action Matdog. Couple of things I want to go over. It seems like the floor traders were looking for support at the test of the lows at 12418 - 12420. However, the locals get stuck on the wrong side trying to go long. This happens at times whenever the speaker mentions "Locals are stuck big time."

However, the locals do not necessarily liquidate a losing position even though they are stuck on the wrong side. They see order flow and tend to hold for a few if they sense a reversal.

Whats interesting is the big 10+ lot prints around 12410 to 12405 on the sell side. In this case I think the locals are actually selling to cut their losses. The speaker goes on to say "They are getting pounded out here." You can see the massive 10+ lots on the sell side from 12410 to 12405ish. Once that dried, paper came in huge to buy causing massive support. Witnessed by the 101 lot at 12408. All the supply disappeared around this level.

You can tell how big traders were trying to find support the markets at 12420. There is a big 101 lot at 12420 on the buy side.

From the observation of the tape.... if I was trading off the tape only I think I may have been stuck from 12420 as well. Even the locals got fooled. :)

PS: next time try changing the dimensions on camstudio. The .swf gets cut off a little on both ends. Camstudio has its default dimensions when you make it into a video. You can change it when you are editting it to the actual size.