Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

skan

Execute Orders on Data2 Subchart

Hello

If I want to calculate something on Data2 chart I just need to add Data2 at the end of my instruction.

For example

myvar=(close data1)/(close data2)

What I don't know is how to send an order to the underlying of data2, all my orders get executed on data1.

What do I have to do?

For example I have on miniRusell data1 and S&P500 on data2 on the same chart. I make some calculations with both and I'd like to buy 1 contract of S&P500.

cheers

Hello

If I want to calculate something on Data2 chart I just need to add Data2 at the end of my instruction.

For example

What I don't know is how to send an order to the underlying of data2, all my orders get executed on data1.

What do I have to do?

For example I have on miniRusell data1 and S&P500 on data2 on the same chart. I make some calculations with both and I'd like to buy 1 contract of S&P500.

cheers

go put S&P500 on data1.

OK, I've tried to state my problem in a easy way. I can't switch it.

The real think I want to do is pair trading, executing orders on data1 and data2 at once.

For example buy data1 and sellshort data2.

I know how to execute orders on data1, now I just need to know how to execute on data2

The real think I want to do is pair trading, executing orders on data1 and data2 at once.

I know how to execute orders on data1, now I just need to know how to execute on data2

can't do that with MultiCharts, yet.

they have promised to do it in the future.

TradeStation 9.0 has smart order objects that will let you issues orders not only to any instrument but to any account that you are linked to and do it from any chart on any market in any time frame.

cheers

UB

TradeStation 9.0 has smart order objects that will let you issues orders not only to any instrument but to any account that you are linked to and do it from any chart on any market in any time frame.

cheers

UB

Hi

And what are those orders on Easylanguage?

Hi And what are those orders on Easylanguage?

They are not so much about easy language per se as they are objects and properties in the new tool box in TS 9.0. Of the tools/objects of interest here are accounts providers, position providers and order providers.

Coupled with the price series providers (PSPs) they make a powerful set of tools for automating trading strategies.

cheers

UB

Hello

For example

What do I have to do?

cheers

Hi. You can use portfolio backtester. Add two data sources and type such a code:

646_3.png

gl