Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
Tams

A Statement About the Economy

United States : Speech

Released For 7/19/2010 10:30:00 AM

Description

President Barack Obama makes a statement about the economy from the White House.

This is what he said:

" Dear Americans,

As BP - that evil British company continues to wreck our coast line, let us not forget the damage American industry has done to the world and it's environment. Let us not forget the American companies who are responsible for logging in Brazil and the destruction of the rain forests. Let us not forget that Haliburton and other American companies also had a part in the oil spill, but to date BP are the only responsible company helping clear up the unfortunate mess.

Finally, let us not forget, that as President of the United States, I am in fact powerless to do anything about this oil spill. So are the rest of those dour faced codgers in congress. Further more, I better be damn careful how I tread when dealing with BP because the massive amounts of money Americans have invested in BP, and the number of Americans they employ. The only thing I can do is make churlish demands on BP, demand to see action plans etc and other futile acts which in fact just slow BP down in their attempts to clean up the mess.

God bless America, just how America has blessed the rest of the world environmentally."

Let us not forget the oil leaks in Nigeria,

which are still leaking,

and the leaks were never cleaned up.

Let us not forget the agent orange we sprayed in Viet Nam,

we don't know the harmful effects it has done

because no media was reporting it.

Just read today the Guardian 30th May...

more oil is spilled in the Nigerian delta every year than has been lost in the BP spill.

(assuming anyone really knows how much actually spills)

However it does some what support the idea that government influence and regulations over business activities is not such a bad idea, even in the land of free enterprise.

Topical and interesting for me after just getting back from a brief holiday in the USA and reading "too big to Fail" - highly recommended read - more of a page turner than any Dan Brown novel.